Fate by Sabrina Sestito
Summary: Alonzo thinks of leaving when ship comes he talkes about that with Julia, but she is very hurt with that and leves him alone. Alonzo finds one of that glow stones and Terrians give him another chance with EP. He is back on
station, not beeing part of EP. He meets some people he knows from G889 but they don't know him, at least not good. He meets Julia again, but she doesn't want to talk with him. But when he gots hurt he sees her again. Few days after they get on first date and their relationship grows. Soon she must leave with EP. Alonzo is broken and at this point he is back on G889. He then talks to Julia and promises her that he will never live her.
Categories: At New Pacifica Characters: Alonzo, Julia
Ships: Alonzo / Julia
Fanfiction type: Story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3243 Read: 2829 Published: 27/09/2008 Updated: 27/09/2008
Story Notes:
Hello,

This is a short (sort of mushy) story about Alonzo and Julia.

Hope you enjoy it.

Sabrina

1. Fate by Sabrina Sestito

Fate by Sabrina Sestito

Fate
by Sabrina Sestito


Julia Heller and Alonzo Solace were walking hand-in-hand along the beach, like they did before at what they thought was New Pacifica. They were content and simply walking together in companionable silence. Each were lost in their own thoughts.

Alonzo was trying to convince himself that he was happy and that he wanted to spend his whole life here, on this rock! He keep wondering what his life would have been if he haven't joined the Eden Group. Julia, on the other hand, was putting on a brave face. She sensed a change in Alonzo and was concerned that he would leave her.

"Julia, I have been thinking" Alonzo said.

"Don't strain yourself fly-boy" Julia responded playfully.

Alonzo turned his head and gave her a smile. "Julia" he said, "you know that I love you, more than any woman I have ever known." He noticed that Julia had stiffened. Damn, she was so perceptive, he thought, that it was difficult not to be totally honest with her. "Have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you had not joined the Eden Group?"

Julia looked at him thoughtfully before answering. "Yes, I have thought about it. I consider myself to be quite lucky because I have truly found myself on this planet. I know who I am and what I want." She looked at him intensely. "Alonzo, are you thinking of leaving?"

Her blunt question threw him off balance. "Err .. no.., I was just wondering ..err... just forget it" he stuttered.

"No Alonzo, I think that the time has finally arrived for you to make a decision. You know I love you and I know that you love me. Is that enough for you?"

Alonzo released her hand and went towards the water. He stood staring at the water for several moments before turning to face her. "Julia, I'm not sure...."

Alonzo saw tears well in Julia's eyes. He felt awful, but he had to be honest with her. He quickly moved to her and tried to grab her hand.

Julia pulled back, however and said to him, "Alonzo, can you please leave me alone."

Alonzo could see that she was trying to be strong. However, he knew better. He said, "Julia, I didn't say I want to leave. I just said that I'm not sure."

Julia said, "Alonzo, please leave me alone." Once again Alonzo tried to grab her hand but she pulled back. "Just leave" she cried.

Alonzo could see that the situation would not be resolved at this time. He would talk to her later that evening. He looked her straight in the eyes and said, "I will see you later and we can talk." He then turned and walked, not towards the camp, but further along the beach. Behind him, Julia's face broke and she quickly headed towards camp.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo had walked along the beach for two hours. He could not forget the pain he had caused Julia. However, he knew that he had to be true to himself. He sat down on the beach to rest. As he leaned back, his hand touched something hot. He turned to see a Glow Stone broken in two. He reached out to it and felt the world flip-flop as he touched the inside of the stone.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo woke up in a strange room. Where was he? he thought to himself. This was the room that he had briefly rented on the Space Stations. What was going on? He quickly got up and left the room.

Alonzo walked around the Space Station, not believing his own eyes. What was he doing back here, he thought. In the distance, he saw a familiar face. "Sheila!" he shouted.

"Yo Ace" Shiela responded. "I have been looking for you everywhere. There is a job going with the Eden Group. I am piloting the Eden Ship with the Syndrome families, but they need some-else to pilot the Advance ship. Devon Adair has heard of you and wants to talk to you. What do you think?"

Alonzo was now really confused. "What are you talking about Sheila? You know that I had to illegally blast off with the Eden Advance Ship due to the problem with the Council clearance. You were there at the time!!"

Sheila looked at him strangely. "Alonzo, what the hell are you talking about? The blast off of the Eden Group is not scheduled for another three months."

Alonzo just started at her. What was she talking about? What was he doing on the Space Stations anyway? He was supposed to be on G889.

As Shiela started to talk away from Alonzo, she called out to him and said "Yo Alonzo, get some sleep!!"

In the distance, Alonzo caught sight of John Danziger. He quickly ran up to the big man and gave him a hug. "Danziger, how the hell are you? How's True? Is she with you? What is going on? How did we get back on the Space Stations?"

Danziger just looked at Alonzo, with confusion in his eyes. He had met Alonzo a few weeks ago but had no idea what the sleep-jumper was talking about. "Err hello, Solace. I am fine. True is fine. True and I have been on the Space Stations for the last eighteen months."

"John, what are you talking about? What about G889 and the Eden Advance Group? What about Devon?"

"Alonzo, what are you talking about? What is G889? I know of the Eden Group but I am not involved with it. And are you referring to Devon Adair? Well, I have never actually met her."

"What are you saying? Don't you remember G889, the crash, the Terrians and the Grendlers? You must remember the Koba?"

Danziger just looked at him blankly. "I don't know what you are talking about. You must have had a dream! Look, I have to go. Take it easy, Solace!"

Alonzo stood dumbfounded, watching Danziger talking away. What was happening? Maybe somehow he has gone back in time. Could the Glow Stone have had that affect? He had to find Julia. She would be able to help.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo found the doctors rooms on the one hundred and fifteenth level of the Space Stations. He entered the rooms, went up to the counter and asked whether he could see Dr. Julia Heller. The man behind the counter said, "Dr Heller is not working today. If your problem is urgent, you could see another doctor."

"No" Alonzo cried. "I need to see Julia."

"Well, I am sorry, Sir. She will not be at this office until tomorrow."

"Where is she now? I need to contact her?"

"I am sorry, but I am not able to give you that information."

Alonzo was becoming desperate. "Look, I need to see Julia NOW" he screamed.

"Sir, I am sorry."

Alonzo was going to keep pushing when he saw a security guard enter the premise. The man behind the counter had obviously called the guard. Alonzo had no choice but to leave.

What could he do now? He needed a drink! He went into the Galaxy Bar and started drinking heavily. From the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of a blond lady. Upon closer inspection, he realised that it was Julia. He quickly ran to her and gave her a hug.

Julia pulled away and said to him. "What are you doing?"

"Julia, don't you know me" Alonzo cried. "Don't you remember G889? You must remember the Z.E.D.?"

Julia just stared at him.

"Julia, I love you. Please say you love me, too."

Julia looked him straight in the eyes and said "I don't know who you are. Please leave me alone."

"But, Julia.." Alonzo started to protest.

"No, leave me alone." She started to get up.

Alonzo grabbed her arm, trying to stop her from leaving him. A police officer close by noticed the incident and took Alonzo's hand off Julia arm. She said, "Excuse me, Sir. I think you have had a little too much to drink. Leave the lady alone."

"No, but I love her" Alonzo screamed as the police officer lead him away. "Julia, please, help me...."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After spending a couple of hours in jail, Alonzo was released. He went back to the Galaxy Bar, but Julia was nowhere in sight. What has happened?

As Alonzo was pondering his next course of action, he remembered his thoughts about wondering what would have happened if he had not been involved with the Eden Group. Maybe this was his opportunity to see. But what about Julia? Well, to be honest, he thought, he wasn't sure about staying with her on that rock of a planet, anyway. Maybe this was the easy way out. He knew that his feelings for Julia were strong, but here, Julia had no feelings for him. This was easier for her. He now saw the world in a new light. This was his second chance.

As Alonzo was thinking about his future, a fight broke out in the Bar. Some woman had accused another woman of stealing money from her. The whole bar was now getting involved. As Alonzo starting leaving the Bar, he did not notice the chair on the floor. He slipped and fell awkwardly on his right leg. He screamed in pain and lost consciousness.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A couple of hours later, he awoke in a strange room. Where the hell was he now, Alonzo wondered. As he turned his head to look around, he got dizzy. He heard a female voice say "Please don't move. You have a slight concussion and a broken leg. You need to rest."

As Alonzo slowly turned his head, he looked around to see Julia looking down at him. "Julia" he shouted, "are we back at New Pacifica? Do you know me?"

Julia replied, "As I said before, I do not know you! Now, do you know your name?" she queried.

Alonzo looked downtrodden as he answered. "Yes, I am Alonzo Solace. Julia, do you recognise me?"

"I recognise you from the Bar, Mr Solace. Anyway, you had a bad fall. You broke your leg in two places. You will be able to leave in a couple of days. You need to rest to allow the medication to take affect."

Alonzo looked sadly at her and responded "Thank you Julia, err, Dr Heller."

Alonzo watched Julia as she left the room. Well, he did want a way out of his situation with Julia, he thought. Maybe this is for the best. Alonzo did not see Julia again during his stay in hospital.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After leaving the hospital, Alonzo tried to get work. He needed to get away from the station and to start a new life. He got a job transporting cargo to the outer rim which would put him into cold sleep for about 24 months. Unfortunately, the job did not begin for another two weeks.

As he was drinking in the bar with some fellow sleep jumpers, he noticed Julia standing in the corner with Dr. Vasquez. She seemed so reserve and lonely. His heart went out to her. He felt so sorry for her. His old feelings resurfaced and his feelings of love threatened to overwhelm him. He was tempted to go up to her but he didn't. Stop it, Alonzo thought to himself. It is time to move on. His love of flying was stronger than his feeling of love for Julia. he reasoned with himself.

He turned his head so that he could not see Julia. He sat quietly drinking when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Julia standing there. His heart skipped a beat.

Julia said, "Mr Solace, how are you? You seemed so upset the last time we spoke."

Alonzo looked straight into her eyes and said "Err, Dr. Heller. I am so sorry if I offended you. It is just that you remind me of someone that I was deeply in love with." He looked down at his feet.

Julia looked at him and felt so sorry for him. She said, "It's OK Mr Solace. We all make mistakes."

Alonzo looked up at her and smiled. "Dr Heller" he said, "would you join me for a drink?"

Julia was about to refuse, but she could not resist his beautiful smile and dark alluring eyes. She said "OK, but please call me Julia."

That night, Alonzo and Julia spent three hours together simply talking and laughing. They both enjoyed themselves immensely and felt so comfortable with each other. At the end of the night, Julia said that she had to leave.

Alonzo said to her, "Please Julia, don't leave me. I lov..." He stopped himself just in time and looked down at his feet. After a few moments he met her deep blue eyes and said, "Sorry, Julia. I hope that we can see each other again." He quickly left the bar, without giving Julia a chance to respond.

Alonzo continued to have doubts about his choices. Was he wrong to not want to stay with Julia. Had he sacrificed his happiness on his belief that flying was more important.

After a couple of days, Alonzo called Julia at the hospital and asked her to dinner. She agreed and they spent another wonderful night together. After a few more dates, Alonzo finally got the courage to ask Julia to spend the night with him.

This lack of courage confused Alonzo. He realised that his time on G889 had indeed changed him. Previously, asking a lady to spend the night with him would have been so easy. But with Julia, it was different. He wanted her to know that she was not simply another fling.

After several days, Alonzo began to feel like himself. He was no longer at odds with the world. He was happy and he could see that Julia was happy, also.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The time had come for Alonzo to once again make the decision of whether to stay with Julia or not. His time was up and he was supposed to leave for the outer rim tomorrow. The Glow Stone had given him a chance to change his life and yet he once again was in the same position. Given the two entirely different situations, he had arrived at the same point. Was this fate, he questioned.

He acknowledged to himself that he needed and wanted Julia. She was his other half and they were meant to be together. He could not bear the thought of living his life without her. He decided that he could not leave Julia again. He decided to tell her that he wanted to spent the rest of his life with her.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo had agreed to meet Julia for dinner that evening. He arrived early and was rehearsing his speech. He had written a few words on a piece of paper. He shoved the paper into his pocket when Julia arrived a short time later. Alonzo could see that she was upset. "Julia" he said to her, "what's wrong?"

Julia sat at the table and looked down for a few moments not wanting to meet his eyes. She slowly raised her head and said, "Alonzo, I have to leave the Space Stations. Dr Vasquez wants me to join the Eden Project."

"No, Julia, you can't" he screamed. "The Eden Advance Ship will crash."

"Alonzo, what are you talking about?" she queried.

Alonzo took a few deep breaths before responding and said, "Julia, you know that I care for you. More than that. I love you." He saw her surprise and continued, saying "Julia. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Please don't leave me."

Julia just stared at him for a few moments. She was confused. "Alonzo" she said, "I do care for you. It is too soon for me to say that I love you, but maybe, given time, I would have. However, we don't have the time. I have to go to G889. I have no choice."

"You do have a choice, Julia" Alonzo screamed. "Please stay with me."

"I can't" she replied. "I have to go." She got up to leave.

Alonzo grabbed her arm and screamed "Julia, please don't leave me, I love you."

She looked at him and saw the love in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Alonzo, but I can't." She pulled away and quickly left the restaurant.

Alonzo watched Julia leave. He could not bear it. His whole world was collapsing. The Glow Stone had given him a second chance at a different life and yet he ended up in the same situation. His love for Julia stretched across both time and space. Julia was leaving him and he could do nothing to stop it. He could not live with that realisation. He collapsed in the restaurant.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo awoke slowly. He opened his eyes but he could not focus properly. He heard a voice saying in the distance. "Alonzo, Alonzo, are you OK?"

Slowly, his eyes focused on Julia who was leaning over him.

"Julia" Alonzo screamed. He reached up and hugged her. "You didn't leave me. I knew that you would not leave me."

Julia pulled away and said "Alonzo, what are you talking about. You have been missing for two days. We were all so worried about you."

Alonzo finally realised that he was on the beach on G889. What had happened? Had the whole episode been a dream. Had the Terrians made him realise his feelings for Julia as they had once opened his eyes to the possibility of life and love by showing him his former love Lydia.

Alonzo looked around and saw the Glow Stone. It was not looking glowing. No, he thought, it was not a dream; it was different. Or was it? He was so confused. He absently reached into his pocket and took out a piece of paper. On it were the few words that he had written at the restaurant. So, he had been on the Space Station. The Glow Stone must have given him a second chance. He found and once again had fallen in love with Julia. But Julia had left him in that timeline. Alonzo knew that Julia needed to experience all the pain of her separation with the council to be totally free of them and to be free to love him. His grief at losing Julia had somehow caused the second timeline to discontinue.

Julia was watching him closely. Alonzo looked straight into her eyes and said. "Julia, I'm so sorry. I love you more than anything. I want to stay with you for the rest of my life."

Julia looked at him and clearly did not believe him. "Alonzo, we can talk about this later. We need to get you back to camp."

"No" Alonzo screamed. "I have made up my mind. I was stupid to deny my true feelings and wants." Alonzo grabbed Julia's hand and said "Julia, I love you. No one else and nothing else will make me leave you. Please don't leave me."

Julia looked at him and could see the love in his eyes. "Alonzo" she said. "I could never leave you. I thought that you were going to leave me."

"No" Alonzo said firmly. "I will never leave you again."

-The End-
This story archived at http://www.atech-software.com/fan-fiction/e2/viewstory.php?sid=263