Freedom by Sabrina Sestito
Summary: No summary available yet.
Categories: Better Living Through Morganite I. (Day 66), Moon Cross (Day 61) Characters: None
Ships: None
Fanfiction type: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 6170 Read: 14146 Published: 08/01/2008 Updated: 08/01/2008
Story Notes:
Hello,

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank all the authors who have contributed their stories to this mailing list. As such, Earth2 is still very much alive for me.

Anyway, this list has been fairly quiet lately, so, I thought I would get the ball rolling.

Please let me know what you think of this new story.

Sabrina

1. Chapter 1 by Sabrina Sestito

2. Chapter 2 by Sabrina Sestito

3. Chapter 3 by Sabrina Sestito

Chapter 1 by Sabrina Sestito
Freedom (1/3)
by Sabrina Sestito

TIMELINE: In between Moon Cross and Living through Morganite



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo Solace was flying. He was flying around without a care in the world. However, he was not in control of a flyer, an air vehicle or a space vehicle. He was flying on his own, with no vehicle at all. All he had to do was to will himself to fly and he did so. Where-ever and when-ever he wanted to. There were no limitations to where he could go. He was free.

For the last two days, Alonzo had explored the nearby planets. He had seen new life forms. He saw landscapes of amazing colour, water which was red and white, and vegetation which was black and orange. So strange and yet, so fascinating.

On the third day, Alonzo decided to explore the planet of G889 from the air. He willed himself to the Eden Advance's initial crash site. He flew over the area and saw the pod that he and the others had crashed landed in. He then flew the path that the Eden Advance had taken from that initial point to their current location at the Biodome. He then continued flying, exploring the planet from the air. Upon reaching the coast, he suspected that he had reached New Pacifica. After looking around a little, he saw a magnificent spot on the coast, where he and Julia could built a house. It looked over the water as well as over the land mass. He was sure that Julia would love it.

Alonzo's thoughts of Julia bought great surprise. Initially, after Julia had healed his leg, he was unsure of his feeling for Julia. Since then, so much had happened. Julia's affiliation with the Council and her experimentation on Uly Adair had been discovered. Upon this revelation, the group had voted to leave her behind; Alonzo did not vote. The next day, his true feelings for Julia became stronger and, against Devon Adair's wishes, the group's leader, he had returned to Julia. Julia had told him the whole story of her inner turmoil and from that moment on, he knew that he loved her. Her subsequent action with the ZED had shown him that his feeling were reciprocated. The night that he had returned from the Moon Cross ceremony, Julia had queried him about Mary. He could see that she was insecure. He loved her even more. He told her that night that he loved her. She told him that she loved him also.

That had happened three days ago, before he had started to fly. Yes, he did love Julia, more than any one in the universe. He was not ready for any commitment, however. There were so many things to see and explore in the universe. He was a pilot, first and foremost, and he wanted to fly. Those thoughts lead him to the Terrian bed that Mary had shown him. Using the excuse of scouting, he had returned to the cave and had entered the Terrian bed. Yes, this was the closest to flying that he had ever experienced.

After three days of travel, he was exhausted. He needed some rest. He willed himself back to the Terrian bed and tried to sleep. However, he could not sleep. Julia was on his mind. He decided that he wanted to see Julia, just to see how she was. He willed himself to the Biodome, where he knew that she was.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Julia had just settled in for the night. She had a very tiring day and she needed some sleep. However, she did miss sharing her bed with Alonzo. He was overdue from a scout but no alarm had been raised. Alonzo enjoyed scouting and exploring so much that he often did not realise the time.

"Julia, its Alonzo. Can you hear me?"

Julia awoke with a start. She thought she heard a voice. It sounded like Alonzo.

"Julia!!!!!"

"Who is there?" Julia shouted into the darkness.

"Its Alonzo. I came to ....."

The voice stopped abruptly. I must be dreaming, thought Julia. She tried to get back to sleep.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo returned back to the Terrian bed. He tried to sleep, but could not. He thoughts kept returning to Julia. He would try to contact her again later. However, now, he was feeling very hungry. Time had passed quickly for Alonzo as he explored the universe. He had basically forgotten to eat as his mind and spirit were so stimulated and so excited by the universe. He tried to get up but was unable to. This was the first time that he had tried. After a while, he gave up and decided to get some rest. He would figure it out later.

After a couple of hours, Alonzo tried contacting Julia again. He had no luck, as she either could not hear him or did not want to respond. In addition, he had still not worked out how to get out of bed. His stomach rumbled loudly from the lack of food.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After hearing Alonzo for the second time that night, Julia thought that she was going mad. She had not sleep at all. In the morning, she decided that she needed to tell Devon.

Julia found Devon working in her tent. "Julia, I didn't hear you come in. What can I do for you," Devon queried.

"I need to talk to you."

Devon looked at her friend and noticed her tenseness. "Of course, Julia. What can I do for you?"

After an awkward pause, Julia finally said, "Devon, I think that I am going crazy."

"Why Julia", queried Devon, "what's happened?"

"Twice last night, I heard a voice. It kept calling my name." She paused and then said. "I think that the voice was Alonzo's."

"Julia, I know that you are missing Alonzo, but he will be back today. You most probably were just dreaming."

"I'm not sure Devon. Initially, I thought that I was dreaming as well. Its just that it was so clear and I'm sure that I was awake." Julia paused. "I will call him on gear to make sure that he is OK."

"Good idea" Devon said.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Julia tried contacting Alonzo on gear. When he did not respond, her anxiety grew.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo was becoming desperate. He was starving. The Terrians got their nourishment from the planet. However, he was human and he needed food and water. He was becoming weak from the lack of nourishment. Alonzo asked the Terrians to help, but they did not understand. They simply told him to will himself up. However, Alonzo was unable too, both because he did not know how and secondly, he was becoming too weak.

He needed Julia, Alonzo conceded. She would help him.

No, Alonzo berated himself, I don't need Julia. She is not important to me. I have my own life now and I am free. Free to do and go where I please. I have no restrictions.

Who was he fooling, Alonzo thought to himself. What is the use of exploring the universe, if you have no-one to share it with, no-one to share the experiences and joys of finding new life-forms and new worlds, and no-one to share the love of life.

Alonzo finally realised that a major part of life was in giving oneself to another, and in this way, being able to enhance the other person's life. He had been able to get Julia out of her self-imprisoned shell. He had given her confidence in herself and convinced her that she was a good person. Of course, Julia had also helped him in many ways. She had showed him that love was important and that by sharing the burden of problems life was easier. And of course, she had made him happy.

What have I done, Alonzo cried. Have I lost Julia forever. I can't get out of this bed. I will die alone. Please help me, Alonzo cried. He tried once again to contact Julia.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After lunch, Julia was on lunch duty with Devon. Julia suddenly heard Alonzo's voice. "Oh no", she cried, "not again." She turned her head to see if Devon had noticed and to her surprise, from the expression on Devon's face, it was clear that she also heard Alonzo.

The two friends just looked at eachother. They both tried to decipher what Alonzo was saying. It was difficult. After a few minutes the voice stopped.

"You heard him, didn't you?" asked Julia.

"Yes, I did, Julia. But I could not make out what he was saying", Devon responded.

"All I could understand was my name and Alonzo asking me to help him. What does this mean?" Julia asked rhetorically.

After a moment, Devon said, "What about the Terrians? Do you think that maybe they are using what they learnt from Alonzo in order to communicate with us."

"Maybe", Julia responded thoughtfully.

"Lets go and talk to Danziger. He may have another suggestion." Devon looked at Julia before continuing saying. "I hope you don't mind if we involve John. He has grown very fond of Alonzo."

"That's fine", Julia replied, "any help would be appreciated."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


They found John on guard duty. They pulled him aside and told him the whole story. He agreed with Devon, that it was most probably the Terrians trying to communicate. Danziger suggested that they ask Uly to ask the Terrians. Even though she did not like the idea, Devon agreed.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Later that day, Julia, Danziger, Devon and Uly were in the Medtent. Devon put Uly on the cot and said, "OK, Uly. I told you what we want you to do. Do you understand?"

The young boy looked fondly at his mother and said, "No problem, Mum. I will let you know exactly what they said."

Uly lied down and closed his eyes.

After a few minutes, Uly awoke and sat up.

"Well", Devon asked her son.

"I don't understand." Uly paused, looking very confused and looking from one adult to another. He then turned back to his mother and said, "The Terrians are not trying to communicate with us using Alonzo's voice. That I'm sure of. But, they also said that Alonzo was trying to communicate with Julia" he paused. He then asked, "But how can that be? Alonzo is not here."

The adults looked at eachother.

"It OK, champ", Devon said, as she picked up Uly and put him on the ground. "We will work it out."

Uly shrugged his shoulders and left the Medtent.

"I am more confused now, than I was before," Julia said.

"Look, maybe Alonzo is trying to communicate with us from whenever he is" Devon speculated. "He may have learnt how to use the Dreamplane on his own and is now using it to contact Julia."

"But Devon", Julia said, "it was not on the Dreamplane. We were both awake at the time."

"Also", Danziger said, "what is Alonzo using to communicate?"

All three looked at eachother and could not answered the questions they posed.

Finally, Danziger said, "Look, I think that Julia should leave her gear on. Maybe we could record the voice and try to determine what it is saying. Maybe then, we can figure this out."

"Excellent idea, John", Devon said.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo was getting weaker. Soon he would be unable to do anything. One more time. He would try one more time to get in contact with Julia. With the last of his energy he willed himself to Julia.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Just after dinner, Julia heard Alonzo's voice. Danziger stood dumbfounded as he also heard Alonzo. Each of them recorded what they could. That night, Danziger told Morgan to decipher the recording. Even though Morgan was not happy, he did as instructed.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It was well past midday, when Morgan told them that he managed to re-construct the whole message from the gear sets. "You won't like it", said Morgan as he shuffled back to his tent for some sleep.

Julia, Devon and Danziger went into the Medtent to listen to the recording.

They played the recording back in audio on their gear. It said "Julia, help me. It's Alonzo. I am stuck here. I need your help. You are the only one that can help me. I have had enough of the Terrians. Please help me. Julia, can you hear me. Oh Julia, please help me." There was a break and then Alonzo continued. "Julia, I made a terrible mistake. I wanted to be free, but I now know that freedom is useless without you. Oh Julia, please forgive me. Help me, ..."

"So, the Terrians are involved", Danziger stated after a few moments. "But how?"

"I'm not sure. But it does seem that he is in trouble" responded Devon. "But, why didn't the Terrians tell Uly?"

"Maybe Alonzo told them not too. Maybe, he wanted to be sure that we would not stop him doing something", Devon said. "But what could that be?"

All three were silence for a few moments, trying to think of an answer.

Suddenly, Julia cried, "Of course!!" Both Devon and Danziger watched Julia anxiously as she continued. "Do you remember Moon Cross, when Alonzo found Mary?" Julia asked. Both Devon and Danziger nodded their heads. "Well, Alonzo told me that when he was in the Terrians' cave, that Mary made him experience a Terrian bed. Alonzo said to me that it was the closest thing to flying that he had ever experienced." Julia paused, letting this information sink in. "Could he have returned there?", she then asked.

"But why would Alonzo do that" answered Danziger. "This doesn't make any sense at all." He then looked at the two women and said, "I think that we should take a little trip tomorrow to that Terrian cave. Maybe we will find something there."

Both women agreed.
Chapter 2 by Sabrina Sestito
Freedom (2/3)
by Sabrina Sestito

Alonzo was becoming very weak. He had been a fool. His love of freedom had cost his life and his love. Julia was his first and true love. Would she forgive him for leaving her? Would she take him back? As Alonzo began to lose consciousness, he thought that he would never know the answers to these questions.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Early next morning Julia, Devon and Danziger took the Dunerail and drove to the Terrian cave. It took them a few hours to reach their destination. It was mid-morning when they arrived at the cave. The three Eden Advancers cautiously proceeded into the Terrian cave.

Even though both Devon and Danziger had been in this cave before, they did not know the way to the Terrians' beds. In fact, they did not know which way to go at all. After an hour taking wrong turns and ending up in deadends, they finally turned a corner and found a group of Terrians standing in a wall of the large cavern.

"Are these their beds", queried Danziger.

"It sure looks like it", answered Julia as she inspected the Terrians along the wall. Suddenly she gasped and stopped cold in her tracks. Devon and Danziger ran to her side. They all saw that Alonzo was indeed in the Terrian bed and by the look of him, was in great pain.

"Alonzo", cried Julia, "what are you doing here?" She slowly put her hand on Alonzo's face. She screamed in pain and pulled her hand away.

"What's wrong", shouted Devon.

"It burns", cried Julia. "Its feel the same as the Terrians' energy staffs." Julia paused, looking at her hand. "How are we going to help him", she then asked.

Devon then reluctantly suggested that they should bring Uly here and that he should try to contact Alonzo. The others agreed that that should be tried. "OK then", Devon said, "we will return back to the Biodome and get Uly. OK?" She looked at the others. "Lets go."

Devon and Danziger then turned back towards the way that they had come. Julia, however, did not move. Devon returned to Julia's side and said "Come on Julia. We will be back soon."

"I can't leave him", Julia cried.

"Julia, we won't be away for long." Devon then tried to pull Julia towards the exit. But Julia would not budge.

"No, Devon" Julia said firmly. "I am waiting here."

Devon looked at Danziger, who shrugged his shoulders. Devon then looked back at Julia. "OK, Julia, but I don't like this. Are you sure that you will be OK."

"Yes, I'll be fine. See you later." Julia then sat with her back to the wall and stared up at Alonzo.

Devon and Danziger reluctantly left Julia in the Terrian cave.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


While Julia was waiting for Devon and Danziger to return, she was hoping that Alonzo would talk to her. She had thought that her physical closeness to him would aid in communication. However, this was not the case.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It was mid-afternoon, when Devon and Danziger returned to the cave with Uly. Devon noticed that Julia had not moved. "Are you OK", she asked the young doctor.

"I'll fine, Devon" Julia said, as she got up.

"OK, then." Devon smiled fondly at her friend. "Uly," Devon turned to her son and said "I want you to try and talk to Alonzo."

Uly then closed his eyes and quickly entered the Dreamplane. Even though he tried, Uly could not communicate with Alonzo. It was as if the pilot was hiding. Uly left the Dreamplane. He said, "No luck, Mum. I couldn't find Alonzo." He paused and then said "maybe if I touched him, I would have better luck. What do you think?", Uly asked his mother.

"OK Uly", Devon answered, "but be careful."

Uly gave his mother a large smile and said. "No problem!" Uly then went towards Alonzo. As Uly put his hand on Alonzo, both Uly and Alonzo cried out. Uly pulled his hand away.

"Uly, Uly, are you alright?" Devon asked her son.

"I'm OK Mum. But I couldn't put my hand on Alonzo. It hurt too much." Uly looked at his hand and Devon saw that it was burnt.

"Julia, come and help Uly. He has burnt his hand", cried Devon.

Julia came over and quickly examined Uly's hand. She applied some medication. She then said to Uly, "You'll be OK, Uly." Julia then looked at Devon and said. "He will be OK. It is only a minor burn. It is not as severe as the one that I got when I touched Alonzo."

Devon then looked back at Uly and said, "Hey Champ, I knew that you would be fine. Now, did you manage to make contact with Alonzo at all?"

"The only contact I had with Alonzo was full of pain. Alonzo is suffering, but I don't know why. Sorry, Mum." Uly then looked at Julia and said "Sorry Julia."

"It's OK Champ", said Devon, "thanks for trying." Devon bent down and gave Uly a kiss.

Julia also gave Uly a hug and said, "Thanks Uly."

Devon then walked Uly out of the Terrian cave.

Julia then turned to Danziger and said, "What can we do now?"

Danziger shrugged his shoulders. "I have no idea, Julia. Did Alonzo talk to you at all?

"No, he didn't. I thought that since I was so physically close to him, that he would talk to me. But no, he did not say anything." Tears formed in Julia's eyes. "What are we going to do?"

Danziger went over to Julia, hugged her and said, "it will be OK. You'll see."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


That night, Danziger stayed with Julia in the Terrian cave while Devon took Uly back to the Biodome. The next morning Devon returned with fresh supplies. Devon asked them whether Alonzo had spoken to them and once again, they said no. They were quickly losing hope of being able to help Alonzo. They did not know what to do.

As Devon and Danziger went exploring the Terrian Cave, Julia stood guard over Alonzo.

Julia said, "Alonzo, I don't know if you can hear me, but I need you to tell how I can help you." She looked at Alonzo and she could see the pain in his body as it twitched with the Terrian dreaming. "Please, Alonzo", she cried, "I want to help you but I don't know how." Julia then started crying.

"Don't cry, Julia", a voice suddenly said.

Julia looked up and saw an image of Alonzo floating in the cave.

"Alonzo, is that you?", Julia asked.

"Yes, Julia it's me" the image replied. "Your pain drew me to you." The image of Alonzo then asked, "Do you forgive me for leaving you?"

Without hesitation, Julia responded "Yes, I forgive you. Can you please come back now."

The image of Alonzo looked relieved. It then said, "Julia, I needed to try this Terrian bed once again. But I became stuck. Last time, Mary pulled me out. But I can't do it on my own." The image of Alonzo started to fade "Julia, can you help me. I think that all you need to do is...."

"What Alonzo, what do I need to do", shouted Julia as the image of Alonzo faded out. "Alonzo, come back. I don't know what to do!!"

At that moment, Devon and Danziger returned for their exploration of the cave. Julia told them what Alonzo had told her.

"Try calling him again", suggested Danziger.

Julia tried again, but there was no response. "Maybe, we could try together" suggested Julia, "maybe together, we will be able to reach him."

All three then starting calling Alonzo. After a few moments, the image of Alonzo appeared. It said, "Devon, John, it's so good to see you."

"Solace, what the hell are you doing?", asked Danziger angrily.

Devon put a hand on Danziger in order to quieten him. She said to Alonzo, "It's good to see you also, Alonzo. Now, how can we get you out of there?" Devon, as usual, was a no nonsense type of person who got straight to the crux of the problem.

Looking at Devon, Alonzo said, "Devon, I don't really know. Maybe, you simply need to convince the Terrians to help me. Maybe Julia can convince them that I am important to her, that without me, she will not survive." The image of Alonzo then looked at Julia "Can you do that?"

"I can do that. Just hold on." Julia then went towards the image of Alonzo.

"No, stay back", yelled the image of Alonzo. "Don't get too close. You will be dragged in as well." The image moved away and then said "I can't come to you again. The Terrians will not let me. The first time they allowed me to take this form because they sensed Julia's pain. This second time, I begged them. They will not allow me a third time." The image started to fade. "Please help me. I have no physical energy left at all. I am losing my will to leave. Soon, I will not be able to leave at all. I will become one with the Dreamplane. Please, help...." The image of Alonzo faded out.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo awoke and found himself in a strange room. He slowly looked around and saw lots of equipment around him. He felt very light-hearted and dizzy. He then heard a door opening on the other side of the room. He turned his head and saw a blond lady in a doctor's lab coat coming towards him. "Julia", he cried, "is that you?" As the lady got closer, Alonzo saw that is was not Julia.

The lady said "Hello, Mr. Solace. I'm glad that you are awake. You have been out for quite a while. Do you know where you are?"

"No", replied Alonzo, as he looked around. As he looked back to the lady, he said "Who are you."

"I am Dr Jill Henley. I have been looking after you since you arrived."

"Where is here?"

"You are in Hospital on the Earth Space Stations."

"What", cried Alonzo, "how did I get here?"

"Don't you remember?" asked the doctor. After Alonzo nodded no, she continued saying "You returned to the Space Stations on the Colony Ship which returned from planet G889."

"I came back!" cried Alonzo. He paused, letting that information sink in. "But why I am here, in this hospital?"

"From what we can determine from the ship's records, for the last week on your trip, you experienced heighten brain activity." She paused, looking at Alonzo closely. "Do you remember anything from this."

"I thought that I was still on G889 and that I was stuck in a Terrian bed."

"What are the Terrians?", asked the Doctor.

"They are the indigenous creatures which inhabit G889."

"Now I remember", said the Doctor, "I saw them on the news."

After a few moments, Alonzo said. "Let me get this perfectly clear. I actually returned on the Colony ship and I am now on the Space Stations." The Doctor nodded her head. "What about the others. What about Julia?"

"Sorry, Mr Solace, I do not know who else returned. Now, you will need to stay here for another few hours while we make further tests."

"OK, Doc", replied Alonzo. He cringed as he recalled his pet name for Julia.

After the Doctor left, Alonzo felt back asleep.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After lunch, Devon, Danziger and Julia contemplated the situation.

"What about Mary", queried Danziger, "could she help?"

"Mary was expelled from the Terrians for helping Yale. You know that John", said Devon.

"But, she still may be able to get Alonzo out of that bed!", replied Danziger.

"But we have no idea of where she is!"

"We could look for her, Devon. Why are you refusing to consider this? You have not come up with any other way to get Alonzo out."

"Look, John, back off. We are all concerned about Alonzo. We need to consider all possibilities."

Both Devon and Danziger glared at eachother.

Meanwhile, Julia was not really listening to Devon and Danziger. Alonzo said that she could help him. But how, she wondered. She got up and walked around the cavern. She looked at the Terrians closely and saw how calm and settled they were. When she reached Alonzo, she noticed that he was different. She called Devon and Danziger over.

"What's wrong, Julia?", asked Devon.

"I think that Alonzo is different from the first time that we saw him."

"How?", asked Danziger.

"Well, when I first saw Alonzo, I noticed that he was twitching and physically responding to the Terrian dreaming. You both know that this is common when Alonzo communicates with the Terrians." Both Devon and Danziger nodded. Julia continued, saying "Well, now, he is completely still. He is not moving at all." She paused to let Devon and Danziger look at Alonzo. "Something has happened."
Chapter 3 by Sabrina Sestito
Freedom (3/3)
by Sabrina Sestito

After a few hours, Alonzo was released from hospital. He wandered through the Space Station, noting that little had changed in 50 years. Alonzo didn't know what to do and where to go.

He thought of the Eden Advance Group. He could not remember the reason why he had left. He had truly grown to care for them. And of course, he missed Julia. But he had obviously made the decision to leave G889. He wondered why. Was Julia still alive? Was that the reason why he had left G889? Alonzo felt great sadness at this possibility. Alonzo couldn't believe that he had left his one and true love, unless she has died. If she was still alive, then he had broken her heart. Please forgive me Julia, he cried. Alonzo decided that he needed to know the reason why he had returned to the Space Stations.

Stop it, Alonzo said to himself. I made the decision to leave G889 and so now it is time to live with that decision. Alonzo continued to wander aimlessly around the Space Stations.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Julia, what do you think has happened to Alonzo" asked Devon, as she watched Alonzo intently.

"I'm not sure", replied Julia, "it just seems that he is usually still. He seems to have become more like the Terrians." As she looked at the Terrians she said, "you will notice how still the Terrians are."

Danziger then said, "Well Alonzo did say that he was scared of not being able to leave the Dreamplane. Has he somehow become so physically weak that his mind is all that is left?"

Julia and Devon looked at Danziger thoughtfully.

"That's an interesting thought," Julia said, "but if you ware right, how are we suppose to help him?"



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Meanwhile Alonzo had settled for the night. After a few hours he awoke and found himself back in the Terrian bed. "What am I doing here", he wondered. He tried to get up but, as before, could not. Which of the two alternatives is real, wondered Alonzo. He was so confused.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It was mid-afternoon. Danziger and Julia were watching over Alonzo, while Devon left the Terrian cave in order to contact the others.

"I am going to lose him, aren't I?" asked Julia.

Danziger looked at Julia and saw the tears in her eyes. "It will be OK, Julia, we will get him out of there", Danziger said, as he leaned over and gave Julia a much-needed hug.

The image of Alonzo suddenly appeared. He saw Julia and Danziger hugging. He felt so jealous. Were they now together? He was barely gone and Danziger had already moved in on Julia. He was so angry. "Get away from her", shouted Alonzo.

Both Julia and Danziger pulled apart. Alonzo lunged at Danziger, but before he reached him, Julia collided with the image. Both disappeared.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A little while later, Devon returned to the cavern. "Where Julia?" she asked Danziger.

"Alonzo appeared to us and he was angry when he saw Julia and I hugging. He tried to attack me, but Julia got in the way."

"What", cried Devon. "What happened next?"

"They both disappeared. I have no idea where they are."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Julia suddenly found herself on the Space Stations. Why was she here, she wondered. She looked around in awe. She needed to find Alonzo.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo awoke from his sleep. He was back on the Space Stations. What was happening to him. He thought that he was in the Terrian bed. He had just seen Julia with Danziger. He could still remember the anger at seeing them together. What was he doing back here? Was he truly on the Space Stations or in the Terrian bed. He was so confused. He got up and went out. He needed help.

As soon as he left his room, he saw Julia. What was she doing here, he wondered. Had she come back with him on the Colony ship. Or were they still on G889. "Julia" , he cried.

Julia ran to him with her arms outstretched. She hugged him tightly. When she pulled away, she had tears in her eyes. "Alonzo, are you OK. I was so worried."

"I'm fine, but I am surprised to see you here. I didn't think that you would leave G889 and return here to the Space Stations." Julia looked confused, as Alonzo continued, saying, "What about the Council?"

Julia looked Alonzo straight in the eyes, took his hand and said, "Alonzo, we are not on the Space Stations. We are still on G889. You are trapped in the Terrian bed and we don't know how to help you."

"Are you sure, Julia?"

"You trust me, don't you?"

"Of course I do. I love you."

"I love you, too", replied Julia. "You have to believe me. We are still on G889."

"If that is true, why are we now."

"I think that this is a Dreamplane created by you."

"Are you sure?"

"I think so. You are so physically weak that your mind has taken over."

"If you are right, how do we get back" asked Alonzo.

"I think" replied Julia after a few moments, "that you firstly have to will yourself back to G889 and secondly, you need to contact the Terrians and ask them to help you."

"What about you, Julia. What will happen to you?"

"I'm not sure, but I assume that once you return to G889, I will return with you. This is not real, afterall."

"OK, Julia, I'll try", promised Alonzo. He gave Julia a deep kiss before trying to enter the Dreamplane.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Julia awoke in the cavern. Oh Alonzo, please come back to me, she cried.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo found himself on the more familiar Dreamplane resembling the surface on G889. He remembered kissing Julia and hoped that she was safe. "Hello", he said, hoping to attracted the attention of the Terrians, "where are you? I need to talk to you."

Three Terrians appeared. "Dream Walker, why are you so strange?"

"I want to leave the Dreamplane, but I can't. Please help me."

"As we told you, all you need to do is will yourself out." The Terrians started to leave.

"No", cried Alonzo. "Help me. I don't know how to leave."

The Terrians stopped and looked at Alonzo.

Alonzo tried another angle. "Julia needs me!"

"Why?" asked the Terrians.

"She loves me and I love her. We want to be together."

"But you have joined us, Dream Walker. You have become one of us."

"I can not stay here", cried Alonzo, "I need nourishment."

"Get your nourishment from the Earth", said the Terrians.

"I can't. I am human and not Terrian." Alonzo paused. "If I don't get nourishment, I will die."

The Terrians looked confused.

Alonzo explained, "I will go into the Earth and I will not be able to return."

"It is not your time, Dream Walker."

"That's right. It is not my time. Please help me get out of here."

The Terrians looked at eachother and seemed to be communicating telephatically. As Alonzo waited, he thought of Julia. He hoped that she was OK.

The Terrians looked at him, seemingly reading his mind. They said to him "We don't want you to suffer Dream Walker. We will help you."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Devon and Danziger were interrogating Julia. Julia told them what happened.

Suddenly, two Terrians left their beds. They went towards Alonzo and each grabbed one arm. They pulled Alonzo out of the Terrian bed. Alonzo collapsed to the floor, as they disappeared into the ground.

Julia, Devon and Danziger rushed to Alonzo side. As Julia grabbed her diaglove, Devon and Danziger held Alonzo. After examining Alonzo, Julia said, "he is extremely weak. He is dehydrated and malnourished. We need to get him back to the Biodome where I can treat him properly."

Devon said, "OK, Danziger, you and Julia grab Alonzo and put him in the Dunerail. I will contact camp."

Danziger and Julia picked up Alonzo and quickly took him to the vehicle. After securing him, the group took off. Danziger, Julia and an unconscious Alonzo were in the Dunerail, while Devon drove the ATV. They made it back to the Biodome in record time.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Soon after entering the Medtent, Alonzo went into a coma. Julia was devastated. However, she started to build up his physical strength.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Alonzo was once again on the Dreamplane. Three Terrians appeared.

"Why am I here", asked Alonzo. "I thought that you understood. I need to go back."

"We have removed you from the Terrian bed. You have returned here on your own accord."

"I have?", asked Alonzo. Alonzo paused saying, "Yes, I do feel different." Pausing once again, he said, "I think that I have returned here to ask your forgiveness."

"We do not understand", said the Terrians.

"I wish to continue my friendship with you", said Alonzo, "and I wish to continue using your bed. Will you teach me how to use it properly."

"Of course, Dream Walker, we will help you. But now, you need to return to your people."

"Thank you" said Alonzo.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Julia had worked around the clock, trying to get Alonzo out of his coma. She was getting very tired. She had finally succumb to exhaustion. She took Alonzo's hand in hers and placed her head on his shoulder.

Alonzo's hand twitched.

Julia was instantly awake. "Alonzo, Alonzo, are you awake?"

Alonzo continued his climb to consciousness.

"Come on, come on" Julia encouraged, "you can make it."

Alonzo's eyes fluttered opened, and then closed again. They then opened again. He slowly looked around. "Julia", he croaked.

"Hey, Fly-boy, how are you feeling?"

"Better. Are we on G889?"

"Yes, you are safe."

Alonzo's eyes briefly closed and then re-opened. He said, "Do you forgive me?"

Julia was surprised by his question. "Yes, I forgive you. Do you forgive me?"

"What for" Alonzo asked, as he was beginning to fall into normal sleep.

"For loving you too much."

Alonzo then fell peacefully to sleep, with a smile on his face.

-The End-
This story archived at http://www.atech-software.com/fan-fiction/e2/viewstory.php?sid=53