- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story shows Alonzo childhood and his way to stars, and also shows Julia's hellish childhood on her way Eden Project and their ending as lovers on G889.


Destiny, Part 2 - Glimpses of The Future
By Claire Campana



Alonzo

Alonzo walked down the long corridor of the stations. He had come home to talk with his parents. He knew it would be hard but they needed to know what he had decided to do with his life. Too soon, he arrived at his parents " front" door. After taking a deep breath, Alonzo knocked on the door. He heard a scurrying of feet on the other side.

Suddenly the door opened and Alonzo's mother stuck her head out." We don't want to buy anything," She said before taking a close look at the person in front of her." Oh, Alonzo. I'm sorry." She cried as a big smile formed on her face." Come in." After giving Alonzo a huge hug, she led him inside and bade him sit in one of the many chairs in the living room. She turned towards one of the bedrooms." Papa, guess who is here?"

Alonzo's father came rumbling out of one of the rooms. " Who comes at this hour of the day? I hope you didn't let them in." When Mr. Solace saw his son standing in front of him, he bellowed," Alonzo." He gave his son a huge hug.

" Hello Papa. Still want me to leave." Alonzo said with a twinkle in his eye.

" No. No. I was just talking." Mr. Solace shook his head and smiled at his son," How are you doing?"

" Fine, but there is something I need to talk to you guys about." Alonzo's smile turned bittersweet.

" Go ahead." Alonzo's father said.
" Mama, Papa. I don't know how to tell you this." " What is it, Alonzo."
" You know we will love you no matter what you say or do." Alonzo's mother said as his father nodded.

" I..." This was harder than Alonzo had thought it would be. His parents patiently waited for him to continue." I've decided to become a full time pilot." He finally blurted out.

" There's nothing wrong with that, Dimples." His mother smiled," Come on, let's go have dinner."

" I wasn't finished, Mom" Alonzo's mother sat back down and his father leaned forward in his seat. " I am going to become a cold sleep pilot." Alonzo saw his parents faces turn sad.

" Cold sleep missions... Why?" Mr. Solace asked. Alonzo looked down at his hands and then back at his parents faces. " I want more than just flying between ports and the stations. I want adventure and I can get it through cold sleep missions."

" But, Alonzo. You're one of the best pilots around." Alonzo rolled his eyes." Why give it all up?" Mr. Solace asked.

" I could be one of the best cold sleep pilots. I really want this, Papa. Mama. Please support me." Alonzo eyes pleaded for their understanding.

Alonzo's mother, who had not spoken since his announcement, said," We support you, Alonzo." She squeezed her husbands hand." I just hope you find happiness and true love somewhere during your travels."

Julia

Julia's mother was watching the news in front of her on her small computer and all of sudden broke out in laughter.

" What is so funny, Mother?" Julia asked. " Watch, Julia."
Before her eyes, Julia saw a replay of a small plane take off from the Earth and then crashing into the place it was intending to escape from. Julia didn't understand. " Mother?"

" That plane was full of families. They were trying to escape from the Earth and come to the stations without paying the usual price one has to pay to leave." She started laughing again," They got just what they deserved," She stated as the small plane crashed into the earth causing a great billow of fire and smoke. " They claim they were leaving for their children." The laughing started again.

Julia stared at her mother. How could she think the crash was funny? Many people had died. Families who should not have died. All they wanted was a chance for their children. " It's not funny." Julia whispered under her breath.

" What did you say?" Her mother demanded. Julia slowly began to walk out of the room. " I am talking to you. You answer me when I ask you a question!" She yelled, anger coming from her eyes.

" You want to know what I said? You want to know what I think? " Julia was mad and when she got mad, she lost all control. " I don't think it's funny at all. Many people died. People who shouldn't have died. " Julia was on a roll now and there was no stopping her. A voice deep inside warned her, but Julia kept yelling. " How can you think that was funny. It's tragic. Those people were leaving for their children. They wanted to give their children another chance. "

" How dare you talk to me like that?" Her mother bellowed. " You want to know what else? I doubt you even have a heart. Anyone who laughs at tragedy and human suffering can't have a heart. " Julia realized she had overstepped her boundaries and ran out of the room. But her mother was right behind her. She grabbed Julia's arm and swung her around towards herself.

" Don't' you dare talk to me like that, young lady. I am appalled at your behavior. Don't you ever talk like that to me again. Understand?"

" Yes." Devon whispered.
" What did you say?"
" Yes." She said a little more loudly. " Get out of my sight!"
Julia ran, never looking back.