- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story shows Alonzo childhood and his way to stars, and also shows Julia's hellish childhood on her way Eden Project and their ending as lovers on G889.


Destiny, Part 4 - Chapter 4
By Claire Campana


Together

Julia quickly walked the distance between the biodome and her tent. The last couple of weeks had been pretty tough on her. The group had been slowly restoring their confidence in her. Julia's words still met angry glares but there were a now a couple of bittersweet smiles. Julia had known that forgiveness from the group would be long in coming but she had hoped it wouldn't take this long. She stepped into her tent and headed towards her bed which beckoned her. Julia stretched herself out with her face facing upward towards the off-white tent above her head. She was closing her eyes, as if to go to sleep, when someone knocked on the tent flap which served as the door of Julia's tent.

" Yes?" Julia called as she opened her eyes. Alonzo stuck his head into the tent." May I come in?", he asked. " Sure," Julia smiled. Alonzo had been the only person to believe her and of all the Eden Advance members he had been the most forgiving and friendly. ' Are you all right?" Julia questioned him.

" Yeah." Alonzo smiled." I have something I want to say to you though.' " Oh?" Julia was curious. What on earth could Alonzo want to say to her? Julia gave him a small smile.

" I just wanted to say thank you. I was really cruel to you during the whole ordeal with my leg. But I am really grateful for what you did for me." At Julia's troubled face, Alonzo guessed that he had overstepped his boundaries. He started to head back to the tent door.

" Alonzo?" He turned around to see Julia standing up with one arm outstretched towards him. Alonzo walked back to Julia and took her hand into his. " Your welcome. But..." Julia's eyes turned downcast.

" But what?"
" I'm the one who should be saying thank you. You've been the only real friend I've had. The fact that you believed in me, really means more to me than you will ever know." Julia stared into the depths of Alonzo's eyes, searching for a clue as to what he was thinking.

" Oh Julia..." Alonzo gave her a hug and for once she did not pull away. He cupped her chin in his hand and brought her head up so that her could look into her eyes. In Julia's light blue eyes, Alonzo saw pain, loneliness, and maybe even love. Did he dare to hope that he saw love in her eyes? Alonzo looked at her beautiful face and realized he was in love with Julia. Somehow, someway he had fallen in love with her.

Alonzo saw the pain in her eyes and he wanted to kiss away her sadness. Did he dare? Should he take the chance that she may not love him. His thoughts were so muddled and confused.

Julia stared at the face in front of her. She was feeling a new emotion that she had never experienced before. It made her feel emotions that she had never known and made her want to do things that went against all of the things she had been taught. Could this be love? Could she be in love with this man whose strong arms held her close? As she looked into Alonzo's eyes, Julia knew. She loved this man. But could he... could Alonzo possibly love her? Did she dare to hope that he might?

Alonzo slowly brushed the hair from her face. Julia's skin tingled where his hand touched. Alonzo lowered his lips to hers and as they touched, Julia and Alonzo realized that no matter how different they were and no matter how different their lives had been, they were in love. Their lives, forever, intertwined.

-The End-