[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: No summary available yet.
Rated: Teenage Audience [PG-13]
Categories: All About Eve (Day 150) Characters: Bess, Danziger, Devon, Morgan
Ships: None
Fanfiction type: Story
Challenges:
Series: Devon Alone
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes
Word count: 16871 Read: 35192
Published: 29/04/2008 Updated: 29/04/2008
Story Notes:
WARNING : "The Legacy of Tears" is not for the faint hearted. It's gloomy, depressing, and I'm giving it a PG-13 rating for language and adult situations.

For those of you looking for the story, you can skip this part. It contains only my rambling. Why? Because I'm the author, that's why!

ABOUT THE "Devon, Alone" SAGA:

Parts I-III can be found at Andy's fanfic archive, and also on my new web page :
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/8356/fanfic.htm

As always, any comments/suggestions on the series are welcome.

A number of people have asked me questions/made comments about this saga. And since I have nothing better to do (well, I do, but that's another story) I decided to answer them here.

Why am I writing "Devon, Alone"? Because I wanted to thrust some of the characters into a completely different scenario and see how they react. Besides this, I write for personal enjoyment. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way when I just *can't* get a scene done, but there's a real feeling of personal satisfaction when a piece is finished and I'm happy with it!

The ratings on "Devon, Alone". I tend to overrate my work rather than underrate it, just to make sure that anyone who may be offended by such things isn't caught out. Yes, the NC-17 rating is a strong one, perhaps pt II didn't quite deserve it, but it is a decision I have made.

Why did this part take so long to get written? Well, it's twice the length of a 'regular' part of the series, so consider it two at once! And then there was the D&D webpage to contend with, and discovering A.j.'s brilliant fanfic...it's no wonder I was distracted!

THANK YOU TIME!

Firstly, as always, to Sue Sadler for her endless reading of scenes and racking her brains when I have writer's block. Her suggestions are a wonderful part of this saga, and it wouldn't be nearly as interesting without her. She has an incredible flair for wording difficult situations and always gives me great feedback!

Thanks to Robin, Sue, Becky, Mary and Janice for their wonderful encouragement. Without that, I don't think this would be finished yet!

And...to everyone on the Earth 2 mailing list that I drove crazy with my "Throwing people out of airlocks" questions, THANK YOU! I learnt a lot, and even though I ended up avoiding a lot of this topic in the actual story, the information was great!

Thanks especially to Cheryl and Bettina, and also to Simon, Cutter, Erik (and we all know where *his* comments led!) Doug, Cocoa, Michael, Aladdin, Mai, Sue, Paul, Brian, and if I've forgotten anyone please accept my humblest apologies.

Mary opened my eyes to some thoughts on the Council that I had overlooked - thanks.

Junis...your comments as you read the half-written scenes are always great.

DISCLAIMER : Many of the characters and settings contained within are the property of Universal/Amblin Entertainment. No copyright infringement is intended.

The idea behind the saga, however, is mine! :) Now on to the story...

1. Chapter 1 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (2620 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (1104 words)

3. Chapter 3 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (2161 words)

4. Chapter 4 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (1774 words)

5. Chapter 5 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (2114 words)

6. Chapter 6 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (1928 words)

7. Chapter 7 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (1722 words)

8. Chapter 8 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (1717 words)

9. Chapter 9 by Nicole Mayer [Reviews - 0] (1731 words)

Andy's Earth 2 Fan-fiction Archive
Skin modified for this site by Andy, original skin 'simple_machine' created by Kali - Icons by Mark James - Based on Default SMF Skin