- Text Size +

Story Notes:
Hello my fellow edenites...
This is my second story, and since I got such great responces I decided to write another one =) anyway, it takes place after the crew gets to New Pacifica. I hope I got everything right, there were a few things I wasn't sure about, so please excuse any inconsistancies if you find any. And, my spell check isn't working, so please ignore sp mistakes =) I want to thank Tara for her help and Becky, who stayed up for those latenight talks. Enjoy!


Voice of Alonzo
// We lost a *lot* of time, so much so, that the colonists will be coming in a few days, and we just arrived at New Pacifica!

First the winter camp hold up, then when Devon got sick, the group hung around the pod for days before we left. Then we took a few more weeks going back to the pod and healing her when Julia finally found a cure, *then* we had to wait another week until she recovered. It was one hold-up after another. Now we barely have enough time to set up the hospital before the colonists wake up.

Devon has constantly been worrying about this and Danziger has been trying his hardest to calm her down, but it's no use. I think they finally told one another how they felt, but I'm not exactly sure.

Julia has been thinking about Reilly, and the Council. She thinks that the Council sent a ship after us when they found out we didn't blow up in the crash. I keep telling her that there's nothing to worry about, but she still keeps looking up at the sky as if we're going to be attacked at any moment. //

Alonzo and Uly had been scouting the area at Danziger's request. 'Lonzo hadn't wanted Uly to come along, but Danziger had told him that Uly was getting under everyone's feet and had to be taken somewhere, at least for a few hours.

They had been walking along the beach when Uly had suddenly run off into the forrest.

"Uly! Where the hell are ya going?!" Alonzo yelled after him. "I hear some terrians, and they sound scared!" Uly's disembodied voice called from deep in the trees. "I'm going to find out what's wrong!"

Alonzo ran after him and soon caught up. "Hold it!" he grabbed Uly by the back of his shirt and turned him around to look at him. "If the terrians are scared then there's a reason for it. What are you going to do if what ever is making them scared comes after you?"

Uly looked down, and silently agreed with Alonzo. "Okay, now..." Alonzo stopped when he heard coices coming in their direction. "Duck!" he whispered harshly to Uly and pulled him down to the ground.

Uly watched in horror as a group of heavily armed soldiers walked by them, on what looked like a drill.

"Company halt!" a huge burly man yelled at the group as they went past the two hidden Eden Advance members.

Alonzo looked at the uniforms that the soliers were wearing and recognized the Council Army emblem on the jackets the men wore. `Christ, Julia was right! The Council did come after us!'

The men had stopped right in front of the spot Alonzo and Uly were hiding. Uly had been scared before, but now that was mild compared to the mind-numbing terror he felt now. He began to whimper softly.

Alonzo quickly put a hand over Uly's mouth in an effort to stop the sound. One of the near-by soldiers looked directly at them and Alonzo was sure they ahd been found, but then he looked back to the commanding officer.

The commander called out another order, and the line of troops quickly marched off.

When Alonzo was sure they were gone, he slowly stood up and pulled Uly up with him. "Kid, we're getting outta here, now!" then proceeded to half carry, half drag Uly behind him.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When they got back to camp, Uly ran to his mom. "Mom! Mom!" he ran into her arms and started to cry. "What's wrong sweetie?" Devon asked, really worried that he was this upset. "There's soldiers here, lots of 'em..." he stopped to catch his breath. "And they got guns and everything!"

Devon looked up at Alonzo. "The Council?" Alonzo nodded.
Devon looked back to Uly. "Honey, you get everyone to come and meet me in the Dome right now, okay?"

Uly nodded and wiped away a few tears before running to find the others. Devon stood up and looked at Alonzo. "Tell me now." The two walked to the Dome as Alonzo told her what happened.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"I say someone goes to check it out before we try anything." Danziger told the group.

They had all gathered to listen Uly, Alonzo and Devon tell them what happened, and now they were discussing what what to do next.

"But if it is the Council, then they must know where we are, so we have to move camp, now!" Julia protested.

"Hey, I don't want to spend the rest of my life in hiding." Morgan said. "I say we check it out."

Some where surprised that Morgan had said this, but he had come too far to let the Council, or anyone, ruin it for him.

Everyone stared talking at once, but Devon quieted them down. "I agree that we have to make sure it is the Council here," she looked at Alonzo. "Not that I don't believe you, but we have to make sure. But I also think we should move camp to a more strategic location in the mean-time."

Danziger stood up and looked around. "I'll go check these guys out tonight, anyone want to join me?"

True looked at her dad with an anxious face. `No, dad you can't go. What if something happens?' she thought.

But before she could voice this thought, Baines spoke up. "I'm in." Followed by Alonzo. "Me too."
Julia gave the same look True had given her father. "Okay then, we leave in three hours. Get ready to move camp." Danziger got up and left the room, True in tow.

The rest slowly filed out, leaving Julia and Alonzo by themselves. "Why are you going?" Julia questioned him quietly. "Because I saw them first and I know where they are." he replied, without looking her in the eye.

"That's bull and you know it. Why are you going?" she asked again. "I jus have to okay?" he turned and looked at her. "No, it's not okay. I was a toy for the Council as long as I can remember and I've seen what they do to prisoners and enemies, and I don't want to see anything happen to you." she turned away and walked to the door, hoping he wouldn't see the tears falling from her eyes, but he did.

"Julia," he followed her, reached out and took her in his arms. "Nothing is going to happen to me. I promise." he whispered to her, and held her, until she finished crying then the two went off to pack up their tent.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Danziger, Baines and Alonzo moved closer to the fires they saw burning in the distance.

"Remember, stay close and don't say a word." Danziger growled at them. The other two nodded and they slowly made their way to the edge of the encampment.

What they saw shocked them. The same collars Gaal had used were on a huge number of terrians here. The terrians appeared to be sleeping, Danziger guessed, but not dreaming. But don't ask him why he knew this, he just did.

There looked at be a few hundred men, if by what they saw from the firelight was any indication. Alonzo was struck with a sinking feeling in his stomach.

The army appeared to have been there for quite some time. `Probably set out right after we did.' Danziger thought and motioned for Alonzo and Baines to fall back.

But as they slowly made their way from the camp, they heard voices. The three dropped to the ground, and Alonzo felt an odd feeling of deja-vu.

"They are here." Danziger heard a voice saying. "And I'm sure they don't know we're here too."

"And how can you be so sure Rick?" another asked. "Look Lee, they've been too busy setting up their 'colony' to go scouting, and they weren't expecting us anyway, so why would they look?"

"Okay, so we attack the camp in two days." Lee said. "Yes, the boy will be taken to Reilly and the rest will be executed, except for Ms. Adair and the doc."

"I still don't know what he can do with the boy, and why he wants the mother."

Rick answered. "Because we need the mother to get the boy to help us get this planet under Council control."

"And I still don't know why we have to take orders from a computer anyway." Lee grumbled.

There was a bit more conversation before the two men left to return to the camp, and that was when Danziger got up and startewd moving again.

Unfortunately, he wasn't watching where he was going, and ended up tripping. "What the hell was that?" one of the men spun around and pulled a pistol from it's holster. "Lee, check it out."

Danziger rolled sideways and tried to hide himself under some low-hanging tree branches.

When Alonzo heard Danziger fall, he quickly looked around for a hiding spot and saw a good climbing tree near them. He grabbed Baines by the arm and they both scooted up the tree.

Lee behgan walking towards the spot where Danziger lay, and stopped directly in front of him.

"See anything?" Rick asked.
"Naah." Lee replied. "It was probably your imagination." and he walked off towards the camp again.

Danziger let out a breath he hadn't know he was holding and listened for the sounds of footsteps. When he heard none he rolled out from under the branches and stood up.

"Put your hands up."
Danziger felt the tip of the gun barrel in his back. So, he put his hands up.

"I told ya it wasn't my imagination Lee," then to Danziger, he asked "So who the hell are you anyway?"

Lee went and stood in front of Danziger. "Rick, that's the drone, Danziger." Danziger felt the gun drive harder into his back. "So where are the others?" asked Rick, and when Danziger didn't respond, he nodded to Lee, who hit Danz in the stomach.

Danziger doubled over in pain.
"Where are they?" he was asked again. Danziger looked up at Rick, "Go to hell." Lee hit him again, and when Danziger fell to the ground, the two of them started kicking him in the ribs, and a few times in the head.

The noise had caught the attention of some of the men in the camp and they came running to see what was happening.

"Whitifield, hey Rick, what happened?" one asked. "This is one of the guys from the Eden Advance crew." Rick Whitifield looked around at the rest of the group standing around. "Come on! Someone take this guy to the camp and the rest of you go on look-out to see if this guy brought any friends! Move!"

The men jumped and two dragged Danziger to the camp, who in a daze of pain, had blacked out, while the rest went on patrol.

Alonzo and Baines looked at each other and Alonzo whispered, "It's gonna be a long night."

Baines nodded, and the two proceeded to spend the rest of the night in a tree.

End of part 1.
Cont. in part 2.