- Text Size +


The colonists and Eden crew spent the next few minutes rounding up medical supplies and stretchers to bring the injured back with.

Only two people had died, ironically enough, the two commanders; Tristan Woods and Justin Collins, who was the father of one of the Syndrome children on the ship.

Devon stayed by Danziger's side until they reached camp, when she was pried away by Uly and Yale.

True took over as his nurse though, after she had almost broken more of his ribs hugging him so tightly.

Bess had done the same with Morgan, only he hadn't minded, and returned the hug, fully.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The next few weeks were spent in recuperation, for those injured, and recovering things that were still useable from the Army's camp.

Julia had recovered without complications, thanks to the efforts of the doctors Sheila had been kind enough to wake up. And Danziger was doing well also.

Of course True hovered over him like a mother hen, exactly how Alonzo was like with Julia, no matter how much she told him she was well again.

Devon had stayed away from the infirmary after she had gotten her wrist fixed and her other injuries delt with. She had been too busy getting the colony ready and giving Uly long lectures about running off. But finally, one night, when everyone else had gone to bed, Devon found herself wide awake and thinking about al that had happened in the past two years, but mostly what had happened between her and Danziger though. In the end she just got up out of bed and went to the Danziger's tent (John had been let out of the infirmary two days ago, but needed complete bed rest, ehich he did not enjoy).
`Just to see how he's doing.' she told herself. `Just to see him.' another voice said.

Devon slowly opened the door and saw Danziger, sleeping on his bed, and True, sound asleep on hers. She tip-toed into the room and knelt beside John's bed. She took one of his hands in hers and held it to her cheek.

"I saw so scared I had lost you." she barely whispered." "I was so worried I'd never see you again, I'd never hear you laugh, or see you smile...I don't think I could make it without you now. You got under my skin, and you're gonna stay there until the day you die." she kissed his hand and put it back down, snifling.

"You crying again Adair?" Danziger opened his eyes and took her hands. "Yeah." she tried wiping the tears away, but her hands were shaking so badly, she couldn't. So John reached up and did it for her, but instead of taking his hand away when he finished, he ran it down the side of her face.

"I was afraid I'd never see you again either." Devon smiled and pushed a stray curl away from his face. "You're what kept me alive when they...well, let's just say that all I could think about was seeing you again, and doing this..."

He sat up and gently kissed her.
Devon kissed him back and they spent the rest of the night, talking, about the future, their future.

Voice of Alonzo
// We all learned a lot on our way here, about ourselves, about others, but I think we learned to most in the past couple weeks. Julia, well, let's just say that she knows she has sucessfully broken free from her old life and hasn't been this happy in a long time. Devon and Danziger realized that life was too precious to leave things unsaid or undone, and that they've already wasted too much time, hiding what they really felt.
Morgan also couldn't be happier. He won the pool, and now he can't wait to start his new house.
And me...I learned, that when you love someone as much as I love Julia, or Devon loves Danziger, or Bess loves Morgan, your life won't mean a thing, unless they are there to share it with you. ...So even thought it took the Council, and something close to our own little civil war to make us all realize these things, things turned out okay; so in this case, I guess the ends *can* justify the means. //

-The End-



Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed reading this...it took me long enough to write it =) Okay, one last time...