- Text Size +


Devon's hand moved slowly up his chest, stroking the fine hairs that lay against his skin. She whimpered softly, breathing in his scent as she did so. Her lips parted once more. "I love you, too..." Only her voice was barely a whisper. Almost as if she was afraid to say them too loudly for fear that something would come to snatch him away from her. She wasn't used to the matters of her heart becoming reality.

Sure, she had gotten Uly's cure. Uly was the exception. The universe couldn't punish the child just to keep her unhappy and lonely. But it could take away John and True if it saw fit. And she was afraid. She shivered slightly, moving her arms around his neck and bringing him close enough so she could try again.

"I love you, too."

He smirked then, lowering his mouth to hers in a tender kiss. He didn't let his lips linger too long on as they made their way back to her ear to tease. "And here I thought Devon Adair didn't love anyone but herself..." He sucked at her earlobe, still wrapping his brain around his current location and companion and what it all meant. He blew gently into her ear before he whispered, "I'm going to make love to you right here under the stars for all of heaven to see."

Heat flooded her gut and lower still. She squirmed under him, eager for him to shut up talking and get to it. Since when did John Danziger waste time with words when he could just act? The man above her was doing more to confuse her, and she found that only intensified her attraction and longing.

He was giving her time to change her mind. It was a dangerous game he was playing, but he wouldn't have her regretting this come morning. He wanted all of her or none of her. He nibbled on her throat, moaning against her sweaty skin.

She pushed him back, knocking him off kilter and onto his back. He was only half on the blanket at this point, and she didn't care. She came to straddle him, staring down into his eyes as the moonlight bore down on them. "We gonna do this or what?" And her mouth fell on his again.

He reached for the hem of her shirt, finding it still neatly tucked into her pants and fumbled to untuck it as he pulled it up, managing to finally tug it from her sticky frame. "Christ, Adair..."

Her lips curled into a grin. She'd gotten out of her bra back at her tent. It was one less item of clothing that was between them. She knew where the night was headed. And she had no plans to stop. "Yes, Danziger?"

His hand moved slowly up her arm. He could feel the goosebumps prickle on her skin as he moved closer to his intended destination. His large palm gently landed on her breast. He kneaded it gently before letting only his fingertips glide over the sensitive budded peak. He whimpered softly. It had been too long since he'd been with anyone that stirred the feelings inside him. She'd awakened parts of him that he thought had died with Elle. And even now, he knew his feelings for Devon went even deeper than those he shared with the mother of his child.

She couldn't take the teasing touches. She needed to be with him. She needed to have him so deep inside her that she forgot who and where she was. Her body shifted, sliding down his thighs as she moved to undo his belt and jeans pants. "Want you..." She felt his hand at her wrist once more. His thumb running gently over her pulse point just like before. She whimpered, almost going limp as she realized he was halting her again. "John..." She begged.

"Slow down..." He wasn't about to rush this. This had been a long time in the making, and he wanted more than a quick roll on the blanket and done. He wanted to make this last. He needed to make this last. He never planned to be with anyone else for the rest of his life. So their first time, it mattered.

She didn't know how to go slow. All her life when it was something she wanted, she barreled into it no holds barred. And yet, the look in his eyes as he spoke to her made her want him that much more. She gave a slight nod and lowered her mouth to his again. She breathed, "I'm trying."

He moved his hand up to cradle the back of her head as he ever so gently shifted and managed to roll her onto her back. Her hair splayed out around her head and some fell against her face. He gently brushed it back and kissed her deeply, sharing with her just how hard it was for him to keep his own slow and steady pace.

Her heart hammered in her chest. She'd never let anyone get this close. Not even Uly's father. She had a way of keeping everyone at arm's length, maybe farther if she could manage. And tonight, she hadn't intended to let John Danziger any closer than sexual intimacy allowed, but he'd pulled a fast one and now she was struggling to keep up. Their lips parted and a whimper escaped her throat. "Don't stop," she whispered. "Please, John..."

And he didn't. His lips moved along her jaw and down her throat, sucking softly but enough to mark her. The world would know that Devon Adair was off limits. And still lower he moved. His lips, tongue, and teeth entering the fray at slow intervals.

His mouth moved along the swell of her breast, taking her nipple gently with his teeth and giving it a slight tug. When she arched up against his mouth, he took the opportunity to slide his hands under her back and bring her up higher. He kissed her other breast, repeating his actions as so to not leave anything undone. He lowered her back down, looming above her as he moved his mouth between her breasts and continued the trail down her muscular stomach. He gently kissed and sucked the skin there as his fingers expertly undid her pants, sliding them down her hips and off her legs.

Her body was almost bare to him, and she felt exposed, but instead of shame and embarrassment, she felt desired. Her lip trembled. "That's no fair..." She indicated that he was still clothed from the waist down.

He smirked. "Alright, Devon. Have it your way..." He pushed himself up, toeing off his boots and dropping his trousers to the grass in a fury of fluid movements. And then going one further, he slid out of his underwear as well. The proof of how turned on she made him was abundant. "Now you..." He pointed at her panties and made a motion for her to hand them over.

Her cheeks burned, but she didn't dare let it stop her. Her fingers hooked in the waistband and she pushed them down, managing to let her legs and feet do the honors of ridding her body of the offending garment. She used her toes and made an offering of them to him. "You mean these?" She teased.

He took them and laughed softly before discarding them off to the side with their other scattered items of clothing and moved back onto the blanket with her. He kissed her hip as he made the slow journey back up to her mouth with his tongue and lips. He could feel her trembling beneath him, and he knew he couldn't wait any longer. He gently moved between her legs, resting his weight on her. He kissed her gentle then deeply as he moved her legs up to gently snug about his hips.

She felt him as he entered her. She buried her face against his neck as her nails burrowed into the skin at his back. "Oh my God..." She whimpered. Her hips rolled, arching to meet him as he began to thrust his hips. The heat between them intensified with each measured move. She arched her back, letting her head fall back to the blanket. "John..." she breathed, gasping for much needed air.

He had his hands under her hips, taking her deep with each thrust. He couldn't have stopped even had he wanted to. "Devon, my God, Devon..." His mouth found hers once more, nipping and sucking at her tongue and lip. He grunted as their bodies slid apart only to come together over and over.

It was a slow dance. A push and pull. And in that moment, she forgot the world and all their troubles. She was just with him. Him and her. Nothing else mattered. And when he turned her, lifting her so she was the one on top and in charge, she found she didn't want to be. Not with him. Not with this. She slowly raised and lowered herself over him as his hands roamed wherever they pleased. She whimpered as her head fell back, hair tickling her back as she neared her peak. She shuddered with her release and collapsed onto his chest, completely breathless.

He kissed her forehead and moved his hands up her back and into her sweaty hair. He rolled her onto her back once more, shifting so he took her deep with each quick thrust and then it was over. He was lost, reaching his peak and barely managed to keep from falling onto her as he fell to the blanket beside her. He pulled her to him, holding her close as he sucked ragged breath after ragged breath into his lungs.

"Christ, Devon..." It was all he had ever imagined and so much more.

She curled into his side, head on his shoulder and laid her hand against his neck. She whimpered softly as her body experienced little ripples almost like aftershocks. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He kissed her forehead then, tightening his hold on her despite the heat. He couldn't get her close enough. And he had no intentions of turning her loose anytime soon. "Stay here with me all night, Devon. Please?" He couldn't bear the thought of returning to his tent and sleeping alone. Not after what they'd just shared.