- Text Size +


Danziger moved quickly to her side. She'd mentioned just yesterday about wanting to know the people she didn't trust. He wanted to know just exactly what she had found out. If anything. Or her thoughts on Gaal. Her unabridged thoughts. "Hey, Adair. Can we talk?"

Devon turned her head, not really up for his questioning her authority. "Danziger, you get that vehicle mobile?" When he shook his head, she stopped and planted a hand to her hip before sliding her sunglasses in place. "Then don't you think you should get back to it?"

"Devon, I need to talk to you. About Gaal." When he saw her mouth open, ready to protest further, he continued, "I just want to know what about him makes you question his motives. That's all. I wanna know if we're on the same page. I don't wanna butt heads with you at every turn. I'm worried 'bout True is all."

That was something she could understand. And respect. He was coming to her one parent to another. "Things happened to us before he joined us and back on the stations, but our gear wasn't sabotaged. John, I don't want to accuse him without evidence, but it's hardly coincidence."

He nodded. "He's way to interested in our vehicles. And my daughter." He lowered his eyes to the ground then lifted them up quickly. "She's not to good with rules. Guess we both know where she gets it, but having all this wide open space and someone to encourage her isn't helping."

Before Devon realized what she was doing, her hand came up to rest on his arm. She gave it a gentle squeeze. Her other hand moved her sunglasses back onto her head. She met his eyes. "We're all doing our best to keep an eye on him. And the wristlocks should keep her close to camp. She's got eyes on her at every turn."

He shook his head, knowing that wasn't enough. "Did you not hear me, Adair? She's smitten. So far that even I can't talk no sense into her." He looked up at the darkening sky. "Just know I don't like the guy." And he had to wonder if he wasn't making more out of it than he should over his own insecure jealousy.

She squeezed his arm, bringing him back to the conversation at hand. "But Yale's trying to find information on him from his database. And the others aren't too fond of him either. We'll all keep an eye out for True, okay?" She moved her hand from his arm and placed it on her hip.

"Thanks, Devon." He just wished that was enough to quell his fears.