- Text Size +

Story Notes:
Hello everybody!

Okay, this is a little something I came up with a couple weeks ago, that tries to 'splain how holidays go on the Stations. So, any comments (the good, the bad, the constructive) are more than welcome (I'm looking for ways to improve my "writing").
Enjoy!


Eden's First Christmas (1/4)


An Old True with her grandchildren
** "Grnadma! Hey Gram! Can you tell us about the first Christmas you had at home again? Pleeze?!" True's grandchildren clamoured around the base of her rocking chair. She looked down at them lovingly, and nodded. "Of course I will. Now get confortable and I'll tell it to you." The soft glow of the firelight made True seem years younger as she began to tell her favorite story.
"It all began when we reached New Pacifica...." **

Uly's Voice
// If I ever thought that life would get easier when we reached New Pacifica, I was wrong!
Mom has everyone working night and day to get the colony ready for the Syndrome kids and their families. We got a bunch of building supplies from some more cargo we found, and with them, we managed to finish a hospital and a huge room with a great big kitchen were everyone goes to eat...but right now, everyone is working on getting some houses built. Even though everyone is busy working, True and I still have to have our lessons everyday with Yale. Yesterday he told us this story about this guy who lived on Earth thousands of years ago, and did a lot of nice stuff for people...anyway, before everyone went to live of the Stations, they had parties on this guys birthday...I think Yale called it Christmas...Bess and Alonzo said that they had celebrated Christmas too, but only when they were on Earth.
Maybe now that we're back on the ground, we should have this holiday too! //

Devon was going crazy.
Ever since Uly had brought up that suggestion that the Eden crew have a Christmas party, Alonzo and Bess hadn't let anyone in the dining hall! No one knew what they were up to, but the two of them could be seen periodically leaving it's locked doors and collecting items from the buildings going up around them.
Devon really didn't like that idea of not knowing what was going on. She walked up to the door and tried peering through the small window, but jumped back when the door suddenly swung open infront of her. "Oh God! Alonzo, you scared the hell outta me!" 'Lonzo grinned at her sheepishly. "Sorry Dev, but we can't have you trying to spoil our surprise now can we." Devon tried to look over his should, but Alonzo raied his arm to block her view.
"I don't think so Adair. Now c'mon, go back to the hospital and working on something over there."
"But, but--"
Devon tried protesting, but Alonzo cut her off. "Look, we're almost finished. You guys can have to place back in a couple days." "But why so long?" she asked as he turned to go back inside. "Because then it'll be Christmas!" he called over his shoulder. "Great." Devon muttered to herself as she stomped off to the hospital.

"So how is the dining hall situation going?" Yale asked as Devon charged into her office.
"Don't ask me, I wouldn't know." she bit back at him. She stopped for a moment than lkooked back to him. "I'm sorry. But you know I hate being kept in the dark, especially when it's my friends who are keeping me there!"
Yale chuckled. "I know Devon, I know." then turned and left. Devon sat down and put her head on her desk. and sighed deeply. "Hey, what'ya up to?" a deep voice called from the doorway. She lifted her head and smiled at Danziger, who now stood infront of her desk. "Oh, nothing much, c'mon in."
Danziger sat down on the corner of her desk. "Stressed out huh?" Devon grinned at him. "You don't know the half of it." Danziger smiled back at her. "Did Uly tell you about their surprise?" "No, he didn't why? Is this something else being kept from me?" she asked good-naturedly.
"Well, True told me that Alonzo had asked the kids to make something, kind-of a Christmas present for the colony...but she restrained herself enough not to tell me what it was. I was just wondering if you knew." Devon sighed again, and stood up. "Nope." Danziger reached out and pulled her infront of him. "What about you Devon...what do you want for Christmas?" Devon smiled and looked around. "I already have everything I could ever ask for. I have my son back, I have the colony," she looked back to his face. "and I have you."
Danziger squeezed her hand. "Well, I was on my way back to my room for a nap. Walman has everything under control at the down at the housing complex, so I decied I needed a break...." he trailed off. "Sure no problem, I think that tomorrow, everyone can take the day off..I think everyone deserves it."
Danziger laughed and got up. "It seems like you're not such a Scrooge after all!"
Devon laughed and tried to throw a ball of paper at him. "Why you...you..." Danziger ducked and ran out of the room, and could be heard laughing all the way out the building.
Devon sat back down and looked out her window. 'God, I still can't believe we made it."