[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: Doctor Who meets Eden Advance. His just undergone new change when Tardis brought him to G889. Terrians accepted while they have seen him before their coexistence with earth (he helped them before). Now Doctor meets EA and helps them with their ZED problem. They solve the problem
even though some of EA were little injured, but nothing serious.
Rated: Teenage Audience [PG-13]
Categories: Flower Child (Day 138) Characters: None
Ships: None
Fanfiction type: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes
Word count: 26566 Read: 59931
Published: 09/01/2008 Updated: 09/01/2008
Story Notes:
ssssssssssssssssss-crackle-static-crackle



Bambera: "Well done, Zbigniev! Two complete strangers walk up with a couple of antiquated pass cards, and you let them in! Why?"

Zbigniev: "Sir?"

Bambera: "You know something -- what is it?"

Zbigniev: "Off the record, sir?"

Bambera: "Off the record."

Zbigniev: "When I served under Lethbridge-Stewart, we had a scientific adviser called, 'the Doctor.'"

Bambera: "The man outside?"

Zbigniev: "No, sir, but..."

Bambera: "But?"

Zbigniev: "He changed his appearance -- several times."

Bambera: "A disguise!"

Zbigniev: "No, sir. The word was, he changed his whole physical appearance."

Bambera: "His whole appearance..."

Zbigniev: "And his personality."

Bambera: "How could he be the same man if his appearance and personality had changed?"

Zbigniev: "I don't know, sir."

Bambera: "What *do* you know, Zbigniev?"

Zbigniev: "Just that when this Doctor turns up --"

Bambera: "Yes?"

Zbigniev: "All hell breaks loose!"

Doctor Who, "Battlefield"

CUT TO TITLES! CUE MUSIC! Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddd................

I have finally finished my story. It is a Doctor Who / Earth 2 crossover called (what else?) "Earth Who." What happens when the Doctor meets Devon, Danziger, Julia, and the rest of Eden Project? Well, in the immortal words of Zbigniev..........

I'd guess it's a G to PG rating. I don't know -- it's difficult for me to judge these things. Everyone seems to complain about violence, yet Disney cranks out an action / adventure romp every year, rated G. :-/

All I can say is there's no sex, a few minor cuss words, some action scenes, some blood, some death, a ton of humor, and one character gets the snot beaten out of them -- but not necessarily in that order. I'll let you judge it from there. :-)

It's an MS Word document, totaling 26,624 words. Anyone who wants me to send it to you as a file, by all means, SAY SO! I will be more than happy to send it, because that's the way I'd prefer to do it. I just think it reads better in that format than as a series of e-mails.

However, this won't stop me from posting it on the internet. I will also be posting my story to the following:

mailing lists: e2-fanfic

newsgroups: alt.tv.earth2

alt.drwho.creative

(On the E2 newsgroup, I'll provide sufficient warning that it is fanfic.)

I knew from the start that I ran the risk of limiting my audience considerably -- anyone who is a fan of one show but doesn't know much about the other might pass over it, or not understand it. However, I kept this in mind while writing it, and made an effort to introduce both series to anyone unfamiliar with either one.

To Earth 2 fans:
Any ignorance you might have about Doctor Who shouldn't stand in your way of enjoying the story. It is essentially an Earth 2 story, with the Doctor as this week's guest star. You really don't need to know a lot of his history to grasp him, and his character and background are sufficiently explained as the story progresses.

The Doctor is my favorite character of all time. He is the quintissential whacky scientist. Smarter than Asimov, wiser than Solomon, and nuttier than a fruitcake, he has been my hero since I was 12 years old. He was always a role model and an inspiration to me, especially when there were none to be found in real life.

However, Earth 2 is my favorite TV show of all time. The entire show was wonderful drama, very poignant. It's the only show that has ever made me cry -- not once, but several times. It featured beautiful music, and some incredibly gorgeous cinemaphotography of nature's beauty. The cast and writing, I thought, were just superb.

It was a show about the triumph of life, people, and nature over adversity. It was realistic, but never cynical. It never once put down technology or made a stand against it, but it showed how technology will never be better than the power of nature and the life that thrives inside us all, as imperfect as we are.

It is for this reason that I think my favorite Time Lord would fit right in, and my spirit could not rest until my heroes met each other. It has been an absolute joy for me to write "Earth Who."

I hope you like it.

Douglas Neman


This story starts about ten minutes after the Doctor Who 1996 television movie, and takes place between the Earth 2 episodes "Flower Child" and "All About Eve."

1. Chapter 1 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (2604 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (2258 words)

3. Chapter 3 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (2954 words)

4. Chapter 4 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (3314 words)

5. Chapter 5 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (2266 words)

6. Chapter 6 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (2894 words)

7. Chapter 7 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (1344 words)

8. Chapter 8 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (2406 words)

9. Chapter 9 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (2561 words)

10. Chapter 10 by Douglas Neman [Reviews - 0] (3965 words)

Andy's Earth 2 Fan-fiction Archive
Skin modified for this site by Andy, original skin 'simple_machine' created by Kali - Icons by Mark James - Based on Default SMF Skin