BETS
By
A.j.


Timeline: Years after
Author's E-Mail: jetfixer@interaccess.com


Bets
by Amberj (A.j.)

"Remind me why I'm doing this?" John bellowed as he bent to retrieve a can of paint.

"Because you made a bet with me." Devon replied. She slowly stepped around an empty packing crate and made her way over to him. "You bet that Alonzo and Julia wouldn't wait until we reached New Pacifica before getting married. Well, the colony ship arrived nearly three months ago and they are getting married *NEXT* week. Either way, you bet me that you would help me build *my* house if you won and I would learn how to fix a Transrover. I won, ergo, you lose. So, you're helping me finish my house." She smiled sweetly at his grumpy, but resigned face.

"Cheer up, John. We're almost done. All we have to do now is paint the living room." With that statement and a flick of her hair, she was in the next room.

John sighed heavily and started to follow, trying not to let his mind reflect on how well those painting pants hugged *every* curve of her body. He also tried to suppress the effect those curves had on *his* um, well, curves. <<This is going to be interesting.>>

Two hours later, John's situation had not improved. In fact, it had considerably worsened. <<Why did she insist on painting the trim? Couldn't she have painted the *mop-boards*?>> Fate continued to chuckle at him as Devon shifted on her ladder and gave him and even *more* tantalizing view of her legs and rear. <<This is _not_ good.>>

Suddenly, a large glob of something landed on his nose. Breaking his concentration, it started to run down onto his cheek. He lifted his fingers and examined a blob of Champagne White.'

"Sorry, John, I accidentally got too much on my brush and didn't notice." Looking up, he took in her sweet smile and apoplectic gaze. Not being able to resist breaking her cheerful demeanor, (after all, how would you feel after having to build a house for someone?) he couldn't let the perfect opportunity pass.

Standing slowly, eyes gleaming with mischief, Danziger advanced on Devon (and her ladder) armed with a brush covered in paint. "You know what they say, 'One good turn deserves another.'"

"John Danziger, don't you dare!" As authoritive as her voice sounded, Devon climbed down her wooden elevator and started to back away from him, her own brush raised in defense.

Hesitating slightly, John regarded her. There she stood, brush in the air, hair lose from a sensible ponytail, eyes wide. He couldn't resist.

"Oh, yes I do." With that, the paint started to fly. With a gleam of devilish delight in his eyes, John decided to fight dirty, and reached for her sides, starting a tickling battle with, along with brush strokes here, and roller flicks there, each tried to gain the upper hand.

Finally finding a sensitive spot on John's side, Devon started to fight back with equal fervor, thinking to herself that this was the most fun she'd had in years.

"Say Uncle," she shrieked as she tackled him to the floor. Giggling, she tried to maintain he position on top, but due to the fact John had several inches and about forty pounds on her it was pretty pointless. He switched positions with blinding speed and she found herself laughing into his bright blue eyes. They stayed like that for a minute, enjoying the closeness at the previous silliness. But, slowly the air started to change, taking on an almost electrical charge. The mirth in their eyes slowly died away and was replaced by the shine of desire.

Both of them powerless to resist the tide, their heads came together, their lips brushing lightly. The result was... explosive. Lips crushed against each other, releasing and acknowledging the passion that had spent almost three years trying to emerge. Hands wandered and the embrace deepened, but it couldn't go on forever.

Devon was the first to break away. She turned her head away from his and pushed his chest, trying to move out from underneath him. "Um, I gotta get this paint off. I'm gonna, uh, take a shower. Excuse me." She got up quickly and ran towards the bathroom, leaving John panting on the floor.

<<Oh, God, what did you just *do* John?>> His mind screamed at him. {Something I've wanted to do for a long time} the other side answered. <<No, you just blew the friendship you've spent years building with that woman.>> The first side replied with cruel venom. <<Now get out before she comes back.>>

Sighing heavily, he gathered his things and headed toward the door, but a voice distracted him.

"John...?"
He slumped his shoulders and turned to face the music. He didn't expect what he found.

Dressed in nothing but a towel, Devon Adair stood with a slightly nervous expression on her face. "Want to join me?"

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.