BEYOND REACH
By
A.j.


Timeline: After "First Contact" (Days 0-4)
Author's E-Mail: jetfixer@interaccess.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
BRAIN SPASM! My creative juices have run dry for the moment, but my brain doesn't believe it. Needed to write something short and pointless, so here it is. This one makes less sense than the last one.


Beyond Reach; A continuance of New and Old.
by Amberj (A.j.)

She stood on a precipice overlooking a deep valley. Wind rolled and caressed her skin as it slowly blew across her heated body. She was here for one reason and one reason only. She was her to find her soul.

'Where are you?' She calls out, her eyes burning with determination forged over thousands of years. 'I call you!'

And with that she was no longer alone. Standing beside her was her other half. Tall as the trees that surrounded her, he stood imposing over her smaller form. The wind reached out, again, and welcomed the new arival.

'I am here, my love.' Her responding smile breaks across her face, rivaling the coming sun. Every vestige of negative emotion leaves her tense body and only brilliance remains.

'You know, after nearly two millenea of this, I still get the same thrill in finding you.' Her voice floated through the restless air that still surrounded them. Her eyes twinkled in child-like glee as she searched the face of her lover.

'I know what you mean. Though I have to admit, I'm quite amazed that we keep finding each other...' He ran a light hand down her cheek. She leaned into it, trying to prolong the contact. 'Have you had any luck breaking through, love?' He questioned softly.

A sudden pain flashed across her own eyes and she sighed. 'No. It is the same as always. My conscience will not accept what I tell it. My mind knows only of Devon Adair's exhistance, and not of the life inside her. I guess it's the same for you.'

'Yes. But at least this time...' His sentance was inturrupted by an increase in the wind around them. So gentle before, it was quickly brewing into a storm.

'What is wrong?!' Isis screamed over the wail of the skies.

'I do not know!' Came Ra's answer.

'Welcome.' Came a whisper from inside the gale.

So surprised was the couple, they fell back on the habits of centuries and fell to defensive crouches. Elbows locked together, they each drew power from the other through their own bond.

'Fear not.' Came the voice again. 'I am merely what you are. I am her to welcome you to your true home. Ra, Isis, I am Aislinn, keeper of this world.'

A gentle warmth washed over the pair. And they knew the words were true.

'You have come here to move on. Come to the light, but only when you are ready. Your times will come, but know that these are the last lives you will live. Make them count, my friends.'

And she was gone.

John jacknifed from his postition on the cot, the last words the wind had spoken still rang in his mind. 'Make them count, my friends.' Odd and terrifying
as they were, they held comfort for him. Not just the light comfort you feel when you're wrapped in an old blanket, per se, but the comfort that washes through you to your very soul. A deep sense of peace came over him as he started to itch his elbow lightly.

"Ah, John, you are getting old." He muttered to himself as he made the motions to starting his day. "We need to get out of this desert before winter comes, and you ain't helpin any by sittin in bed."

Three tents down, Devon Adair stretched her arm out towards the tent wall. Her fingers reaching for the one thing that had always escaped her grasp, her other half.

And the lights continued to blink.

-The End-


GASP! Was that a *plot* I detected!?!? <THUNK.> (Sound of author fainting.) Oh, yeah. In case you didn't know, Aislinn is Gaelic for 'Dream or Vision' fitting, eh?

1-800-jetfixer@interaccess.com for comments.

(Oh, yeah, SIGN UP FOR ROUND ROBIN #2!! <Mail me for details...>)

Smiles---Amberj (or A.j.)
Natpacker until the bitter end.
Co-trustee, Head Water Polo Coach and Towel Girl for Grendler U, Where if there's a pile of something, don't get too close. It might be one of Lizza's experiments. <shudder>

"These foolish games are tearing me apart, Your thoughtless words are breaking my heart. You're breaking my heart."

--Foolish Games by Jewel

This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.