CANES AND ROCKING CHAIRS...
By
A.j.


Timeline: Years after
Author's E-Mail: jetfixer@interaccess.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
He-hee! Lookee here, A.j. wrote a short story!! (Are you all amazed yet? I am.) Anyway, it's short, it's weird and it deals with marriage and pregnacy. I'm getting back to my roots, as it were... (Oh, the next chapter of Moons' Shadow will be out soon, I *promise*.)


Canes and Rocking Chairs
by A.j.

<Creak, Creak>

*SMACK*
"OW! What was that for?"
"For getting me in this position." "It wasn't my fault!!"
"Yeah, and it was my idea to lift that couch?" "You're not still blaming me for that, are you?" *SMACK*
"Guess so..." *_SMACK_*
"HEY! Why'd you hit _me_!? I'm the one with the right to be ticked off, I'm stuck in a rocking chair for hours on end while you can get up and walk as pretty as you please!"

"I thought since we were dragging up old grudges, I'd get you back for birthing the child that married my daughter."

"Now don't you go getting ticked off about that..." *SMACK!* "..._your_ daughter asked _my son_ to marry _her_. You could at least come up with a valid excuse for hitting me with your cane."

"Okay..." SMACK! "That was for scaring me half to death when we had to lock you in that could sleep chamber."

"As if that was _my_ fault..." *_SMACK!_* "..._that_ was for waiting five years before asking me to marry you.

*_SMACK!!_* "That was for waiting three." "STOP IT, _both_ of you! IF this keeps up, I'm going to have to take away those canes and confine you to your bedroom! Why can't you two _formerly_ respectable people act your age!?"

True Danziger Adair threw her hands up in exasperation and agily moved her seventy-year-old frame off the front porch and inside the house of her parent's home. 'God they can be immature!' She fumed silently to herself.

Back on the porch, the elderly couple just smiled at each other secretly and chuckled. Even after fifty-seven years, teasing their children was great. And what a fifty-seven years, even if there were a few shin bruises...

-The End-


<G> I told you it was strange. Oh, some words from me, if the fight's still going on, get over it. Our higher power gave us a gift that we shouldn't squander, the gift to *MOVE ON*, or in simpler terms, get over it. Doncha just love Don Henely?

A.j.

In my land, Bible Tag is the national pastime...

"Is it just me, or is the sky purple?"

This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.