I MAY NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS...
By
A.j.


Timeline: Trying to cure Devon
Author's E-Mail: jetfixer@interaccess.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Ooooo! Look! A.j.'s posting a story she wrote almost four months ago!! It's the end to that Ra/Isis thing that I did waaaaaaay back when. (Yeah!) It was in the 'zine, but I changed it a bit and added some stuff. DEATH TO PLOTS!!! (Oh, the title doesn't really have a whole lot to do with the story, I was just listening to my Jon Secada CD, and liked that particular lyric.)


I May Not Have The Answers...
by A.j.

A cold wind blew over the canyon, causing an involetary shiver in the watcher.

'It seems everytime I come here, there's wind.' She thought. 'I wonder if this will be my last visit.'

It seemed very possible. After all, on her last visit, Aislinn had told her that this life would be the last in an endless cycle. Her penance would be complete and she would be able to move on with her lover.

'It's funny, after generations of wishing this hell would end, I'm going to miss it. The thrill that comes from each new spirit, each new life. Guess I'm getting soft in my old age.'

She was sitting on the high precipice looking down into the black depths of a river surrounded by rock. The wind blew her long hair up and into her face, hiding the pale, sick complexion. Reaching up with thin hands, she tucked a few locks behind her ears, revealing two eyes the color of aquamarines. As tallow her skin was, it could do nothing to hide the brilliance of the spirit held within.

"Hello, love." Came a deep voice from behind. Turning to face him, she pulled her lips into a brilliant smile that trancended even the sickness wracking her body.

"I was wondering when you'd turn up. A girl gets kinda lonely sitting here all by herself. Pull up a rock."

Two matching aquamarines stared back at her with deep amusement. Her lover settled himself on the ground next to her and pulled her close to him, bringing her face around so he could kiss her more easily.

Warmth enveloped her as his tongue worked lightly in her mouth. Bringing her hands up to either side of his face, she pulled him closer. As wonderful as the contact was, she knew they had only a limited time here. Pulling away gently, she stared up into her loved one's clear gaze.

"You know this could be our last meeting, don't you?" Several millenea of experience had taught him not to bother trying to lie. "Yes. I know."

"I don't want to leave without you." She wispered into his neck. "I want to make our final lives last. It's too soon."

"We've had eons to love each other. Besides, I'll follow soon enough." He kissed her head lightly, and enveloped her in his strong embrace.

"I know, but all the time I've had with you doesn't seem to be enough." She snuggled in tight and returned her gaze to the dark pit beyond. "I don't want these lives to end, love. The people we are now... It's weird, but they remind me of us."

A chuckle rumbled through his well muscled chest. "We *are* these people, love."

Quickly, she turned around and swatted him on the shoulder. "I know that, you great lug. What I mean is that how their lives are turning reminds me of how our *_original_* lives turned out. Only this time, there is no mage who will forever bind our souls. Aislinn said that this would be our last time, and I believe her. I believe her." She lowered her eyes sadly.

Bringing his hand up to gently cup her face, he looked into her deep eyes and smiled just as sadly. "I do too."

"Good 'tis nice to know tha I kin be believed." Came a soft whisper.

"Aislinn! I didn't know you were here!" Isis issued her startled reply into the growing wind.

A laugh that resembled bells ringing surrounded the couple like a gentle summer breeze. "Haven't you figured it out yet? I am always here. My spirit _is_ the planet. Everything here is part of me. Even the human bodies you inhabit are mine now."

Unconsciously, both spirits dropped their hands to their abdomens.

"Actually, I lied. *Your* bodies don't belong to me. That's what's wrong with you, Isis."

Shock and disbelief registered in the older God's face. "What do you mean, Aislinn?" Isis could almost feel the planet smile.

"I mean that I cannot help your human bodies." "But mine's not sick." Threw in Ra. "Yes it is, you just can't feel it." "What?"
"Here, I have to explain my nature. I am somewhat different you two in that I can only inhabit *one* body, this planet. Everything on it is an extension of myself. And, like the human body, I encorparate foreign things into myself and make them part of me. At least, I do that to lesser bodies. I cannot change you two because you are equal by yourselves, and much greater together than myself."

"And because we aren't a part of you, like the human body you have no choice but to reject us, right?" Ra was catching on. "But that still doesn't explain how Isis is sick and I'm not, or why *we* will die when our bodies die."

Aislinn ruffled his hair gently with her warm breath. "Smart boy. I can understand why you want to stay with him, Isis. I'll try and answer your questions. All I know about you is that together you are stronger than either of you by yourself. Isis is more suceptable to the demands of her body because she is younger than you. Not by much, I'll admit, but it still has an effect. You will soon fall ill, Ra, if you two do not join in the outer world."

"You mean we must join in the physical world?" This ingrigued Isis. "But we can't. My body is locked in a ship. Besides that, it's in no condition to do anything strenuous. Last time I checked, I could barely stay conscious. Besides, when Ra wakes up, his body won't remember any of this."

"Silly ones. I can hold back my 'anti-bodies' for short periods of time. And you *can* influence your actions, can't you Ra? Just subconsciously nudge your body in the right direction. You can do the same, Isis. As for your bodies dying, you were right earlier, Isis, when you said that your present hosts lives are shaping up like you first lives."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Ra inquired. "If you remember your prophecy correctly, you will understand."

Understanding dawned in Isis's face. She reached down and took Ra's hand in her own and smiled into his puzzled face. "Don't you remember? "If once they find true peace and one who knows them will set them free." This is our chance, love, to make it to the greater domain. But we must do it together or we will be lost trying to reach it on our own. Aislinn," she turned her dark head out into the chasm. "You are the one who knows us, aren't you. You will set us free."

"Yes, gentle Isis. I will. But I can only help. It's up to you two. When you wake, Ra, go directly to the ship. Release Isis, and join. It is the only way either of you will survive to journey to the Great place. Go, my friends."

Turning in the circle of her lover's arms, Isis faced Ra. "I love you. I'll see you in a bit."

He smiled down at her and replied. "I love you. Bet on it."

And with that darkness decended.

John Danziger jacknifed in his cot. He remembered. He had to go, now. Throwing off his blankets, he hit the floor running. Not bothering to put on his boots, the man ran with everything he had towards the ship that held his Isis. 'I have to make it. Are you there Aislinn?'

In answer, the trees seemed to separate to allow him to pass. He smiled, but kept running.

He entered the Venus class ship and immediately went to the code panel and tapped in the specialized password. Not waiting for the conformation, he ran to the glass tube and gazed in. He knew what he was doing was right because right before the glass doors opened, a flashing light caught his eye.

It was a tiny eye blinking on and off on her elbow. John held out his arms as Devon collapsed into them. 'Oh, God, what the hell am I doing?!' His rational mind screamed at him. 'This is *nuts* you're going to _kill_ her. They put her in there because she was *_dying_*. Put her back in there!'

But, another part of his mind, a deeper and much more anchient part screamed louder at him. It screamed, 'Continue! Continue, or she will die, forever!'

John placed his hand on her chin and tilted it up, as if to find guidance in her pristine face. As he raised her head, she slowly opened her eyes. Her sapphire-like eyes were revealed to meet his. The two sets of identical orbs locked and both knew exactly what would come next. It was right. It was destiny.

With an excruciatingly slow pace, John lowered his face to hers...


HOLD IT! I'm sorry, I can't do the good stuff here. First of all, I would have *no* clue what to write, and second, having a 16 year old write an NC-17 story would be kinda.. self-cancelling? wrong? funny? Whatever. Anyway, due to computer time (gotta love it) we can have an hour go by (like I said, I have no clue about this stuff, I don't know how long it takes) in a few lines. Soo....


John stretched luxuriously. Or, as luxuriously as one can on the cold metal floor of a Venus Class Starship. It was then that the full weight of the situation hit him. He was lying, naked, on the floor of a Venus Class Starship after just having mind-blowing sex with a woman who was supposed to have been dying because he had had a dream that told him that the only way to save her was to make love to her.

It just was too weird.
Suddenly, quite self-concious, John turned to face the warm knot that currently occupied his chest. Almost afraid, he brought up his hand and ran it over her cheek, attracting her attention.

She raised her head and looked into his fearful eyes. She quirked her mouth and raised a playful eyebrow. She did *not* look sick anymore.

"What took you so long, love?"

-The End-


Oooo! The plot thing is over!!! YEAH! Back to meaningless babble!

Me (A.j.)

This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.