NEW AND OLD
By
A.j.


Timeline: After "First Contact" (Days 0-4)
Author's E-Mail: jetfixer@interaccess.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Here's a bit of fluff that sort of fell out of my brain. Call it the answer to my own challenge. It's a little odd, but bare with me. It might be the intro to another story, but that depends on whether my brain will cooperate on writing it. It takes place on the second night of Eden Advance planetfall.

Disclaimer. There. It's done.


New and Old
by A.j.

"You can build the pool,
but you can't take a swim.
You can feel the punishment,
but you can't commit the sin."

"Danziger!" A voice in his dreams calls. It's more of a sigh than the deep throated, full bellow he's used to. She's never used that tone with him before. It's soft and sweet, like tiny bells ringing across the sky. A beautiful tinkle against the night sky.

A flash of light brings his eyes open and wide. A glint of red, tantalizing his very soul. Suddenly, an hand reaches out and grasps his arm, not a harsh hand, nor a restraint, but a velvet touch. A promise more than a threat. The clutch quickly turns into a caress that spans his entire arm, leaving nothing but heat in its path.

"Do you want me?" The voice teases the very edge of his conscience, bringing forth a growl, buried deep inside. Surfacing, only to acknowledge the need, the want. The hand moves up to his shoulder, nails running over muscle, sinew, and flesh, the fire still following. It reaches his chest and he cannot be the tempted any longer. He must be the tempter.

As fast as lightning, a calloused fist catches the silken wrist, clutching silk and steel. First surprised, the owner of the arm does not resist, only relaxes.

"You want me." Not a question any longer, the words penetrate his brain, and he feels the blood course through her veins, matching the broken rhythm of his own. The hands that hold fast suddenly become, not bonds, but ties. They each are free to leave at anytime, but both know that it is the night it will finally be played out. Neither knows where the other will go, but they both know they have no choice but to follow, nor do they wish to be anywhere else.

"And you want her,
And she wants you.
No one,
No one is to blame."

"Yes." Merely an acknowledgment of the obvious. None the less, it calms a nerve that neither had felt the need to soothe. Unbalanced, they face each other, unsure of what to do. Fire and ice clash in a battle of eyes. As always, the two elements clash, and the most explosive decimations result. No more walls.

In the ashes, new replaces old. Fears and reanimations fall to the newly burned ruins in each's hearts. A new tie is forged, silver, unbroken and unbreakable. Fingers tighten as new discoveries are made in the eyes of another, and the ancient is resurfaced. Lifetimes of love and joining crash down onto their heads. The new bond is strengthened by centuries of bonds, each contributing to the solidity of the new. Old meets new, and in the space of a second, they meld giving light to the oldest bond.

"I acknowledge you, Ra."
"And I you, Isis."
And with that, souls meld, leaving not two, but one. The physical separateness, too much to bare, is quickly dispensed with. Neither knowing who initiated contact, and not caring. Mouths join, hinting at the most revered of all states, that of complete oneness. Though experienced many times by the old souls, it is always beautiful and new.

Hands explore, discovering new bodies, uncharted by the other, but it quickly escalates, leaving both breathless with need. A quick movement, made together, and they *are* one. A flush of power, a richness, and it is done. The bond is renewed as it has been millions of times.

"I give you my soul, Isis."
"As do I, Ra."
And there is night.

Sitting up, straight in bed, Devon reflected over her dream. It had been so odd. As if she had been Isis, and had met her Ra. She knew enough of old Egyptian mythology to know that Ra and Isis were Gods, man and wife, banished to be born, find the other, then die, and start the circle over again.

"Hmm. Maybe I've been listening to Yale's lessons too much." She sighed. She settled down on her cot and drifted off to sleep again.

Unannounced to her, a light started to glow on her elbow. A small light, but in the shape of an eye, blinking on and off.

Two tents away, John Danziger itched his elbow lightly, not seeing the small ankh that blinked into the darkness.

The bond had been renewed. Souls had met and rejoined. Nothing could stop the inevitable, and overhead, the two moons greeted the new arrivals for the first time. And below, the planet accepted its equals.

-The End-


Smiles---A.j. (Known as Amber_Val to the chat crew) Natpacker until the bitter end.
Co-trustee, Head Water Polo Coach and Towel Girl for Grendler U, Where our mottos change almost as fast as our minds do.

I am the cat who walks alone.

This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.