NEW BEGININGS
By
A.j.


Timeline: Years after
Author's E-Mail: jetfixer@interaccess.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Hi, all. This is my first fiction that I'm putting on here. I really like exploring the emotional and characterizational side of writing, so if yer in to action and car chases 'n'stuff, this ain't the story to read. True's relations with people have always facinated me. If you don't like her, there's another reason NOT to read this. All disclaimers apply, comments looked forward to, an' my ideas may differ from your ideas on what will happen, but what can I say, I' different from everone out there. Enjoy! Smiles---A.J.


New Beginigs, Part 1
by A.j.

True fidgited. She was sitting in one of the kitchen chairs that surrounded the deep mahogany table, located in the center of the room. Spread about her were journals and papers that looked, suspiciously, like Julia's medical logs. But, True wasn't paying any attention to it. She was thinking about Devon.

Almost a year ago, Devon had married her dad. True had mixed feelings about it at the time; Devon was a great lady, and she really made her dad happy, but True would have to claim Uly as her *brother.* Luckily none of the bad things True had worried about had panned out. Uly wasn't soo bad, but True had been having a funny feeling for a few weeks.

Devon had been acting real strange lately. She had been getting up _real_ late, and never had any energy. She'd also been eating non-stop. Now whenever True saw her, she always was munching on something. The really wierd thing though, was Devon usually lost everything she had eaten at about 3 O'clock everyday.

True had first noticed this little ritual the week before, when she had gone to Devon's office, after lessons, to see if she could go over to Magus and Cameron's house to see their new baby. After not finding Devon in her upstairs office, glued to the library link, True had gone down to the Comm room to see if she was there. She had gotten side tracked when she had heard someone in the restroom in the act of being violentely ill. True walked in to see if she could help, and discovered that the person worshipping the pocelin god was none other than her step-mother.

"Mom!! True had rushed to her side. "Are you okay! Should I get Julia?" "No, no I'm fine. I just have a little touch of the 'flu." Devon slumped against the wall, wearily. "I'll be okay in a little bit."

"Are you sure? You don't want Julia or Dad to come?" True had her hand on her step-mom's shoulder, and was looking directly into Devon's eyes with her own worried ones.

Devon smiled and raised her own hand to touch True's face; most likely seeing the worry present. "I'm positive True. I think the fish I had for lunch just didn't work with the bug I picked up." She smiled to reassuringly at Trye and picked herself up.

"Now, sweetie was there something you wanted?"

Try had totally forgotten about that happening until the day before, when she had heard Devon getting sick again. The same had happened to day. After confronting her again, and being told it was nothing, again, True had done a quick inventory of Devon's symptoms, and quietly swiping some of Julia's med-texts, True had come to a conclusion. Devon's symptoms weren't the flu, and that conclusion was giving True all sorts of trouble.

Suddenly, the back door burst open, scaring True out of her stupor. True shrieked in shock and spun out of her chair to face the new arrival.

There standing straight, looking windblown, and more than a little wet, was her brother, Uly.

"Uly!" True practicaly screamed at him. 'Don't ever do that again, or I'll beat you into the ground!" True's heart was pounding so hard she could hear it. She tried to calm it by taking a few deep breaths of fridgid air. "And another thing, close that door before you cool off the whole house."

"Yes, Mom." Uly said sarcastically, as he closed the door and started to pull off his sodden gloves.

"Well, since you acknoledge me as your mother, and thereby master, you will do as told and hang up that jacket, take off your boots and put your gloves and hat _and_ socks into the dryer." Uly gave Try a whithering look.

"Very funny." He did what he was told anyway. After he had uncerimoniously dumped his gloves, hat, and socks in the dryer, he noticed the papers spreas out on the table. He slowly picked one up and started to read. True, who had been moving around the kitchen looking for a can opener so she could oven a can of preserved soup that would be used for dinner, looked up and saw Uly flipping through a journal.

"Drop it." Uly started at he steel that was lace through both words. HE looked up and into her eyes and knew that now was _not_ the time to tease her. As normally True's eyes would hold only irritation, and maybe anger, there was only command. In that moment, Uly was shocked at how much True looked like _his_ mother. True's eyes glowed almost purple in the lamp light, and the way the light hit her face gave her the air of an army drill sargent. It was an order he could not, and *would not* ignore.

Slowly Uly lowered the met-text to the table and stepped back. "What's wrong True?"

"_Nothing._" The word sounded too hardh to her own ears. She tried to soften her voice. "Not a thing. I just borrowed these from Julia to study up for my test next week." 'Which is partly true,' True thought to herself. She quickly brushed passed Uly to pick up the texts. She piled them carefully in her bags, and went back to fixing dinner.

Uly was _very_ confused. Something about True was...off. Normally, when he came home from his late lesson, he and True would bicker and tease each other until their parents came home. But, today... He couldn't even get a rise out of her. Something was wrong, and he needed to know what it was.

Uly move to help True, and started to help her peel vegetables to add to the basic broth that was simmering on the stove. He watched her carefully, out of the corner of his eye, as she move from cuppboard to stove and back again. He helped where he could, until finally, everything was set up, washed, and cleared away, and he and True were left with nothing to do but face him.

"Okay," said Uly calmly, "tell me what's wrong." True opened her mouth, the wallsin her eyes up, and at full force, but Uly cut her off.

"No, don't give me that 'It's nothing' crap. I've know you for going on three years, and spent almost everyday with you. I can tell when 'nothing' is wrong, and when something is *really* bothering you." Uly underlined the last couple words with a tread of venemance woven through his tone.

The tone, not the words, got True's attention. When Uly looked at her like that, eyes blazing, head tilted, back ridged, he looked just like _her_ father. And, when Uly looked at her that way, she couldn't deny him anything.

True slumped into the chair opposite of where Uly had perched, and started tracing the carved edges of the table. I think something's wrong with Mom." Uly's evers popped open wide at the softly spoken words.

"What do you mean 'something's wrong with Mom!?'" "Well, she's been acting real weird lately. She's been real tired, and she's always eating, *and* she's been getting sick a lot." True clarified her earlier statement. "I've been looking through those med-texts, trying to find something, but I can't." True drooped her head in defeat, not daring to look at Uly, who's body was ridged in shock.

"Do you think it's a realapse? You know, from when the Terrians healed her?" True's eyes were anxious. The time Devon had spent in cold-sleep on Bennett's ship had been absolute hell for everyone. Tough she had only been in cold-sleep for a few weeks, the group came to realize how much they had come to depend on Devon. True remembered most how no one had smiled. It had been like someone had stolen away all their joy, and replaced it with despair. Uly had been lost, not knowing what to do, and her dad had become a total bear. Nothing had gone right, until Julia and Uly had discoverd a way, with the Terrian's help, to heal her. Now True was fearful the same would happen again.

Uly saw the fear, and remembered the pain of that time. It was't something he like to think about. He was quick to reassure his sister.

"No, True. If Mom was pulling away from the bond, the Terrians would have told me. Besides, I could feel it if that were true."

True raised her head, and looked at him in relief. "Thank God." Suddenly, a shadwo crossed True's face, and she looked at him quesioningly. " Well, if it isn't that, what is it?"

End part 1


New Beginigs, Part 2
by A.j.

Hey Cam, sorry I didn't get yer message on m/f so, I encorparated you in both roles. And yes there is a SHAMELESS PLUG for the New Pacifica Public Library. But remember, the librarians are people too. Smiles---A.J.


True's question was left unanswered as Devon and John trooped into the room from the outside, dragging clumps of snow ans ice along with them.

"Hey guys, what's for dinner?" asded Devon brightly. She was carefully shedding her wet outer layers, ans dumping them into the dryer. Her skin was pink from the wind, and her eyes were dancing. There wasn't one idication that something was amiss.

True overcame the surprise arrival of her father and step-mom, pasted an artificial smile on her face, and replied, "Riva-bean soup with baked alonzo in pepper-lemon sauce."
"Wow, you've become quite the acomplished little chefs guys," said John. "Maybe you two could start helping out at the Grendler, and teach Walman some new things. Lately his food is evne worse than normal." He made a face, and preceded into the room after shuking his wet clothes. He deftly avoided Devon's swatt at his rear, and moved menacingly towards the stew pot.

As Uly movedt otintercept him before John kid a taste-test, Devon giggled and moved towards the sink. "Oh John, you know his mind *isn't* on the food. He's finally taken notice of Cammie Proctor, much to the chargin of her brother Cam." John and Uly looked at her questiningly, and True couldn't help but laugh. "You know Dad, the comm-tech Bess has been parading unde his nose for the last three months. Me and Mom won the pool an when he'd start going after her."

John scowled at the mention of a pool. "Don't tell me you two have joined up with the are so bored they bet on peoples love-lives."

"Of course." Devon and True answered in unison. At John's glowering look, Devon moved over and wrapped her arms around his waist, and looked up into his eyes adoringly.

"Sweetheart, how do you think I got twenty-two extra hands to help you with the systematic repair of the entire power-grid the last time the Grendlers decided to go on a foraging trip?" Her sweet smile was more than he could deal with. Besides, it wasn't that important.

"Yeah," True piped in. "She gave me the other half of the force, and that's how I got the funiture upstairs finished so quickly."

"Okay, okay I give. The pools aren't that bad, but I am *not* condoning them."

Devon and True shared a secret smile, and Devon answered sweetly, "Of course not, dear. Come on Uly, get the lead out, and help me get the food on the table."


As the evening went on, and there was more joking and laughing, True started to relax. She watched Devon closely, and saw no sign of the symptoms. Devon teased and laughed just like normal.

Finally, when dinner was over, John ans Uly excused themselfed to work on Uly's science project, (but both women knew they wanted to avoid doing the dishes.) Since there was no one else, and if the dishes were left, *no one* would do them, Devon and True filled the sink with water, and started to work. Devon chatted amiably about the new library and homes that were in the planning stages. True listend with only one ear. Her mind was on the conversation she and Uly had had before dinner.

'Now would be a good time to talk to her,' a voice rang in her head. 'But it's none of my buisness,' answered True. 'You're her daughter. If it isn't your buisness, who's is it?' The question bounced around inside her brain. She knew what she had to do.

"Mom?" True interrupted Devon in the middle of the PUBLIC USES DEPARTMENT of the New Pacifica Public Library. Startled, Devon looked up into True's bright eyes.

"What is it, love?"
True broke Devon's gaze, and moved away from the sink. Halfway to the door that led to the rest of the house, Tru spun on her heel, squared her shoulders, and took a deep breath.

"Mom, are you...okay?"
The question threw Devon for a loop. "What do you mean, sweetie?"
"Well..." True paused, embarrased. "I've been watching you for the past few days, and I've noticed some strange things."

Looking puzzled, Devon asked," What kind of strange things?" Gainig confidence that she wasn't gong to just be scoffed at, True move to the recently vacated table, and set herself in a chair.

"For one thing, you aren't yourself. You're always tired, and you're always eating. That may not be much," True replied quickly when it looked like Devon was about to respond. "But you also have been throwing up a *lot* lately. It's soo weird, you're either shoving food in your mouth, or it's coming out of it." True ran down, and looked cautiously at her step-mom.

Devon was looking at True with that maternal look that implied 'she may be wrong, but to make her feel better, I'll humor her.' True hated that look, but knew an opportunity when she saw one.

"Oh True, it's just the flu--"
"But Mom, have you seen Julia? Or even," True made a face," Dr. Vasquez?" "No-"
"Well, come on then, let's go." True got up and moved to scoop up her boots.

"Whoa there, where are you going?" "*We* are going to see Julia." True stated determinedly as she pulled her boots on.

"True, we can't just barge in on Julia and Alonzo." Devon watched as True stood, and pulled her coat off the stand.

"Why?" True shoved one arm in her coat. "Because neither of them have been getting much sleep since Jamie was born, and they may be sleeping." Devon set her balled fists against her hips as she watched her daughter zip the coat, and start working on her scarf.

"Yes we can Mom. Julia's a doctor and used to being bothered. Besides we won't knock hard, so we won't wake Jamie." True purposefully pulled on her last glove, and looked expectantly at Devon.

Devon considered her possibilities. She could either resist, and cause True more worrying, or sho could go along with her, and trudge the half-mile to Julia and Alonzo's home in calf deep snow, in the darkness. 'Big choice.' Devon commented to herself glumly. 'I can't win for losing.'

"Well, I have been felling a little weird lately. I guess going and seeing Julia can't hurt."

True had watched as Devon waged inner war deciding what to do. A broad smile flashed across True's face. So maybe Devon _didn't_ think there was something wrong, but Julia's exam would prove something either way. True held out Devon's coat.


New Beginigs, Part 3
by A.j.

Hi, all! Well, it's taken me this long to retype, but you can blame my laziness. I haven't felt like typing, so I didn't. So, here's the (apparently not so eagarly awaited chapter) that continues my story. (I haven't gotten ANY (well one or two) feedback on this story, so that added to the lateness of this chapter.) This one goes to Cam for such a great name. Enjoy.

A.j.


'I can't believe I'm gong through with this. For Gaal's sake, (couldn't help that one.) it's almost 9 o'clock at night, an Julia's gong to _kill_ me.' Devon was having second thougths as she trudged through the knee-high snow that covered the ground of th town square.

The wood and brick buildings tahat surrounded them, though few, gave off a homey air as voices and laughter drifted out to greet Devon and True. Besides the original buildings, the Commons, the Hotel, the Hospital and the Dormitories, new homes and even a few barter-stores were popping up everywhere. Bess was even busy organizing a museum to be built next to the school.

A smile flashed across Devon's face. ' A museum, sheesh.' The errant thought raced across her mind. It never ceased to amuse her, the museum that is. 'What in the hell is she going to put in there?' That thought always acompanied any thoughts of the museum.

Suddenly, Devon's foot snagged on some hidden object, and she came down face first into a snow drift. Sputtering, and carefully trying to lever herself over, Devon popped her head up. She muttered a few choice phrases. True picked her way over to help haul her step-mom out of the white hill.

"You okay, Mom?" True asked anxiously. Devon looked up to give a sharp reply on why her little trip to the ground was unecesary when she noticed th aprehension in her daughter's gaze. Her face immeadiately softened, and she accepted the hand True offered.

" Yes, sweetheart, I'm fine. Just a little wet and cold. Let's just hurry over to 'Lonz and Julia's before we freeze." True smiled brightly, and led Devon the rest of the way, not releasing her hand.

They arrived at the two story blue and white house a few minutes later. Styled after the old New-England houses from Earth, a closed in porch wraped around the front and both sides of the house. The sutters were a light blue, and were more for practicality than decoration. The brick chimny cheerfully spit out curls of smoke, signaling someone was awake, and in the kitchen. Devon and True took the hint, and picked their way around back, avoiding various trees and uneven banks, making thier way to the door. Devon peered through the window and saw Alonzo sitting comfortably at the table, bouncing Jamie happily on his knee.

Devon smiled at the picture they made. Alonzo made such a great papa. Wherever he went his little daughter went with him. But, the devotion Alonzo gave his little girl was returned ten-fold by Jamie. Even at her crankiest, Jamie would imeaditately quiet when her father spoke. Not that she was cranky often. Jamie had an amazingly sweet personality. Bess always commented on how it was utterly unfair that Julia get such a sweet girl, when she herself had a child who took after his father in every way. No onw payed any attention to her complaints though. Everyone in Pacifica could see how much she loved her son, Alec.

True tapped lightly on the door, not wanting ot startle the father and daughter undecesarily. Alonzo's face came up, and a broad grin crossed his face as he motioned for them to enter.

Moving quickly through the door, as not to let too much cold air into the house, True and Devon eimmeadiately started to shed their wet outer-wear.

"To what do I owe the honor of two of Pacifica's most beautiful citizens arriving on my doorstep at such a late hour? Quieried Alonzo, who was still seated at the table.

"Actually, we're here to see Julia," Devon smiled as she collected True's coat, had, gloves and socks, then dumping them uncerimoniously into the handy dryer.

"I'm crushed. No beautiful women seek out my compant anymore," bemoaned Alonzo.

"Oh, so what am I? Chopped Grendler? Geez, you're married to a guy for only two years, and he thinks you're ugly." came a humorous voice from the door that led to the living room.

Alonzo turned and gave Julia a heart-stopping grin, and somehow, looked at her through apologetic eyes.

"You know that's very far from the truth." Julia flashed a smile, and sauntered into the room, scooping her daughter from her husband's arms.

"I heard voices, so I thought I'd come and see who it was, and I find my husband hitting on his best friend's wife and daughter. Did I marry a cad or what?" Julia arched a playful eyebrow at Devon.

True and Devon laughed at Julia's comment and Alonzo's following expression. Julia got back to buisness.

"So, what brings you two over?"
Devon opened her mouth to answer, but True was first to reply, "Something's wrong with Mom."

Julia frowned, set Jamie back into Alonzo's waiting arms, and moved over to where Devon stood in one liquid movement.

"What kind of something?" she inquired, doctor taking over the role as friend.

True described the symptoms, and before Devon could comment, she was suddenly sitting in a kitchen chair looking, stunned, into Julia and Alonzo's worried faces.

"How long have you felt like this? Do you have diziness? Trouble balancing? Why didn't you come here sooner? You know this could be serious." Julia's barrage of words finally ebbed, and Devon could respond.

"First of all, I _don't_ feel bad, and the only reason I came now was because I wanted to reassure True. I don't feel dizzy, nor do I have trouble balancing. Just run your dia-glove over me, and give me a clean bill of health." Devon set her jaw determinedly and glowered at all of them.

Julia frowned, but accented. "True, can your get me my glove? It's on the hall table."

"Sure," and with that, she shot out of the room. "Slow down!" Devon's words floated after her. A minute later, she came banging back in, cradleing Julia's glove in her arms like a baby. "Here ya go, Julia." She carefully presented the piece of equipment to the doctor.

Julia slipped on her glove, and started to run some basic tests. Suddenly, Julia's furrowed brow shot up in shock, and just as quickly, her face collapsed into a _huge_ smile. She started to giggle. Quickly, the giggles turned into loud guffaws. Unaffected by the four curious faces surrounding her, Julia laughed until tears were streaming down her face. Slowly, she started to settle down.

"I'm <hmph> sorry. <Sniff> it's just <hehe> that you got me all worried. <SNARF>" She waved her hand in front of her face, trying ot ward off her laughter, and tried to put together some semblance of a straight face.

"True," Julia faced the little girl. "True your mother is in perfect health...for her condition."

True shot out of her chair, "Condition!? I *knew* it. What's wrong with Mom?!?" Her eyes were as big as saucers, but her screech had siturbed Jamie, who had somehow shuffled her way to Devon's lap. She emmitted a low wail, and Alonzo made a move to relieve Devon of the crying package. Julia quickly shot out a hand to stop him.

"Hold up, love. Devon's gonna need all the practice she can get within the next six months."

All the blood drained out of True and Devon's faces as the meaning of Julia's words sank in. True recovered first.

"Wha-what?" came the shaky question. Julia turnedand looked Devon squarely in the eyes. "From what I can tell, conception was about three months ago. You and the baby are perfectly healthy, but I'll need to run some additional test tomorrow to make sure. You can come in whenever."


New Beginigs, Part 4
by A.j.

Hmph. Since I am having one of the quietest days in all creation, I don't want to do my homework, (I have a week anyways,) and I owe you all this installment, here goes. My unreadable scrawlings got *really* unreadable, so this is pretty much off the top of my head. (But then, all my stories, save this one, are.) ::shrug:: ENJOY!! And remember, all coments, critisisms and all out abuse welcome at jetfixer@interaccess.com . =)


Devon was sitting, in a state of shock, in a comfortable kitchen chair. Her arms tightened, convusively around the still fussy, Jamie. 'A baby!? Now that was unexpected,' was the only lucid thought in her mind. Jamie, on the other hand, had her mind on a very current need, release. She started to beat at Devon's hands, and jerk. Almost uncouciously, Devon relaxed her arms and shifted the child around. Jamie was then nestled lightly in the crook of her arms, and Devon started to, absently, stroke her back.

Julia smiled at the little display. It had been obvious to her, even before arrival on planet, that Devon was molecularly built to be a mother. From her constant warnings on the trek here, to almost dying because she would not speak up for her needs so that her child could be better attended to, Devon exhuded maternal charm from ever pore of her body. Julia guessed that same charm was what won True over, and gave her the feeling that Devon *was* actually her mother.

Thinking of True, Julia turned her head to gauge the little girl's reaction to the unexpected news. True was sitting in her own chair with a dazed expression on her face. Her mouth was slightly ajar and her big blue eyes were unfocused.

Suddenly, she came to life. Her eyes widened and she turned to face her step-mother. A look of awe blew on to the child's face, and settled there.

At the same moment, Devon came to a conclusion of her own. She was happy. In fact, she could count the number of times she had been this happy on one hand. She was going to be a mother again. A smile of pure joy broke free of its moorings and found a home on her face.

True caught her mother's expression and mirrored it. Not able to contain herself any longer, True leaped up and threw her arms around Devon.

"I'm gonna have a sister!? Way cool!" Devon made a quick save, and redistributed Jamie's weight, so she could hold the older child as well. Alonzo, being way ahead of her, reached across the table and scooped his daughter back into his arms, leaving Devon's other arm open to enthusiastically hug her child.

"It looks that way, True." Devon whispered into her hair. Alonzo, being the trouble-maker that he was, couldn't resist the moment. "Hey True, what are you going to do if the baby's a boy?"

That pulled True up short. She drew back and looked deeply into Devon's eyes. "Whad'ya think, Mom?"

Devon gazed back, into her child's unrelenting blue eyes, and then over, across the table to where Alonzo and Julia were sitting, enjoying the show. She turened her head back to True and gave her an answer. "I think it's going to be a girl because there is cosmic justice, so we girls will *finally* be able to hoodwink those men into doing the dishes."

The room dissolved into laughter, and True shifted around and snuggled back into Devon's arms, hugging her tightly. Quietly, she whispered to her mother, "Mom, are you happy?"

Devon smiled into True's hair. "Happy, scared, mixed up, you name it, I'm feeling it right now."

"But are you mad?"
"About what, sweetie?"
"That you're having a baby?"
Devon shifted True back around, so she could look her directly in the eyes. "Okay, I lied. I'm feeling everything _but_ anger. I am not mad at *all*. Your dad and I wanted other kids, we just didn't feel it was the right time, but nature has taken care of that little issue, apparently. How do you feel? Things are going to change, a lot, once the baby is born."

Alonzo put forth his voice in a hearty, "Is it ever!" before Julia could sufficently manuver her elbow into his ribs.

Sparing Julia a thank-you-glance, Devon continued her speech. "We won't have as much free time, and we'll all have to pitch in more to get things done."

An unreadable emotion crossed over True's face but was quickly replaced by a huge grin. "Don't worry, I'll make sure Dad and Uly do their work. And Mom?"

"Yeah?"
"I'm glad you're having a baby. On the stations I used to see all those happy family units, with babies and brothers and sisters. I never told Dad this, 'cause it would've only hurt him, but I always wanted to be in one." True's eyes glowed.

Devon looked at her uncertainly. "Are you sure, baby?" True smiled and replied, "Yeah, I'm positive." Suddenly, True's expression turned cischevious. Devon recognized that look. John got that look right after an argument, or when he was about to play a trick on her. Usually it was both. But True... Devon had only seen her look that way once before...when she had upended a can of white paint on Uly's head during construction of the house.

"Hold it, True." Devon shifted she was sitting up straight. "What are you going to do?"

"Do?" True asked innocently. "Why, nothing, Mom. I'm just gonna sit and watch Uly squirm in a few months. He's afraid to go _near_ Jamie and Alec and the twins. Just think how he'll freak out with a baby in the house." True rubbed her hands together with a malicious glint in her eyes.

Devon chewed on that thought. 'How *will* Uly react?' A picture quickly insinuated itself in her mind of his face when she told him. She knew she shouldn't find halarity in her son's upcoming discomfort, but a bubble of laughter, that couldn't be helped, started its way up her throat, slowly pushing its way out. Suddenly, Devon let loose with a deep belly laugh, practically dumping True out of her lap.

Alonzo and Julia, who, up until that point, had been politely ignored, started, and looked curiously at the guffawing woman.

"Something funny?" asked Alonzo.
That set Devon off even more, and True *really* had to hold on to avoid a trip to the floor. Four faces looked at Devon, mysitified.

"Uly<snort>...face..<hehe>..baby..<hee hee ho>...nevermind..<ha ha ho hee>" Was the garbled answer to the questioning faces. Out of nowhere, the gear on the counter beeped cheerfully.

"I wonder who that could be." Muttered Julia, still casting strange glances at Devon, who was quieting down. Julia set the gear on her head and switched it on. The face that appeared in front of her was that of John Danziger. Julia smiled secretly at him, and greeted, "Hey John, what's up?"

Not knowing what to make of Julia's smile, John promptly ignored it, and moved to the business at hand. "Hey Julia, are my dear wife and daughter there with you and 'Lonz? I can't find 'em anywhere, and I'm starting to get worried."

"Yeah, they're here. You wanna talk to Devon?" Julia inquired. John hefted and audible sigh of relief at finding his errant mate and offspring. He smiled brightly at the blonde woman, and replied, "Sure."

Devon had settled down and True had re-nestled herself back into Devon's lap. Devon stretched out her hand and accepted the gear from Julia.

"Hi, John." Devon's smile glowed with pure joy. "Hey, lover. What're you doin' at 'Lonz and Julia's? It's gettin on towards ten, an' me and Uly were gettin' worried about you guys. Why didn't you leave a note?"

"Oh, sorry. I forgot about a note. I came over here for a checkup. True was worried about me, so I came over to be given a clean bill of health."

John frowned, "Is there something wrong?" Devon's smile broadened, and she replied. "No, nothing's wrong. In fact, everything is right. I'll see you when we get home. True and I have something to tell you and Uly." Devon smiled softly down at her daughter. True, in turn, gave Devon a brilliant smile.

"Adair, out."

-The End-


WHOO-HO!!!! It's done!! My first multi-part story is *_FINALLY_* done! (Insert stupid little happy dance around the office here) Oh, happy day! This time of year is REALLY a time of miracles. =) So, to all of you who stuck with this story to the bitter end, I love you, and happy holidays!

A.j.

This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.