UNFINISHED THOUGHTS
By
Elisabeth Jones - Lilly321


Timeline: Time Unknown
Author's E-Mail: Lilly321 <lilyj@citynet.net>


Unfinished Thoughts
by Elizabeth Jones

"Forget something?"

John Danziger closed his eyes asked some greater power for divine intervention. A flood. An earth quake. Anything. Just put him out of his misery. When no natural disaster was forthcoming, Danziger resigned himself to the fact that he had to talk to her. He slid out from beneath the TransRover --damn piece of junk--sat up, and blinked at a particularly annoying red head. Those eyes--crystal blue and seemingly endless--met his with cool amusement.

"You know something, Adair? You're a pain in the ass."

Devon Adair smiled sweetly at the irate mechanic. Yes she liked it better when he had his nose buried in his precious repairs. The view was better, too. Slightly shocked at her somewhat ribald thoughts, Devon hoped to God that they were *not* showing on her face.

"Why thank you Danziger. I do believe that's the sweetest thing anyone has said to me all day."

Her voice was practically dripping sarcasm, yet it didn't phase Danziger one single bit. Nope he was still trying to get past that smile. It was--to say the least--distracting. What wonders one little mock-smile did for her whole appearance. What he wouldn't give to have her genuinely smile at him and mean it...

"So what Adair, did you run out of people to annoy?"

Since her mind was having way too much fun playing dirty this afternoon, Devon had to think twice before answering. It was on the tip of her tongue to say, I can think of much better ways to annoy you than just talking to you. But she said that and she had no doubt he would throw her over his shoulder and take her straight to Julia and order a mental examination. It was hard not to say it though...

"No, you're my last one."

Lucky me Danziger thought...then realized he meant it. "Hand me that scanner, will you?"

That was one point to her credit--she didn't have to ask which one. She just handed him the required tool. He took it from her... and looked down. She was still holding onto it; his large hand was covering her smaller one. Immediatly--somewhere in the back of his mind--a little voice started yelling let go let go letgtoletgoletgo. Danziger told it to shut-up. It seemed natural to have their hands intertwined, his and Adair's. And he could not help but think that he'd like to know what those hands would feel like up and down his back, elsewhere...

"This one right?" Devon was the first one to let go, to break the connection. She was extremely confused now; her mind was no longer running in it's baser ways. Now she was contemplating the mysteries of change. In the beginning--wondered if this opening line had anything to do with the God complex some had accused her of having--things were simple. She was the reluctant leader and Danziger her most vocal opponent. So many times she'd come close to killing him and hiding the body in those days. Yet here she was--only months later--realizing that he was a valuable part of the Advance. And her life. When had this happened to him? To her...

"Mom!! Mom!!" called Uly off in the distance

Danziger was almost glad for the interruption... things had been getting out of hand between him and Adair. His thoughts were going places they had no right to be. Oh man if Dev could some how know what he'd been considering just then......

Devon just smiled at him and walked away.

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.