TERRIANS AND TIN FOIL
By
Inga


Timeline: Time Unknown
Author's E-Mail: frog@fix.net



"Terrians and Tin Foil"
by frog@fix.net
(Inspired by the television program Earth2.)


A set of GEAR is spirited away. A lost screw is found. A discarded scrap of metal is gleefully claimed. All across the land, as far as the spider caves reach, gadgets and gizmos and glittering sparklies large and small are appropriated for the cause. It is a great migration of metal and electronics as bit by bit the treasures are carried home to the cave, the great Terrian cave.

Like ancient statues they line the walls, lit by veins of sunstone and the intermittent flashing of assorted equipment. The Terrians dream as one across the universe. The psychic energy is strong enough for even the Grendler to sense. It understands that this is the best chance it has. This of all places – with its mystical Terrian communication network combined with the Grendler's own magic blinkies – should be the place where reception is finally made possible.

A new receiver is wired into place. Silverware necklaces are hung around the neck of each hibernating Terrian. Metallic foil is rolled out of the mouth of the cave like a red carpet. The GEAR is gingerly held to the Grendler's eyes and ... static ... just more static.

A mournful wail echoes through the caverns as the Grendler once again faces the sad reality that here on the shores of the Sea of Antius ... they still don't get the Sci-Fi Channel.

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.