MEMORIES REFLECTED IN YOU
By
Julie Dawn Hall


Timeline: After "After the thaw" (Day 109)
Author's E-Mail: j_hall@po.bethany.wvnet.edu


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Ok here is my first story, I'm starting another soon, so let me know what you think. I'm open to discussion of any points here! Enjoy! Julie Dawn Hall

Author's note this is my first attempt so please bear with me. This story can take place After the thaw!


Memories reflected in you (complete first draft)
by Julie Dawn

Alonzo was so very tired. It had been an exhausting day --at least Danziger was back to his old grumpy self. Alonzo slowly entered Julia's tent. She was already sleeping, and he found himself wishing that she weren't. He had been disturb by the ancient terrain. The events of the past week made him think upon things that he wishes would remain in his past. He slowly got into the cover, so not to disturb Julia. He lay awake, unable to sleep, thinking on the past. He looked a Julia and stroked his hand through her soft hair. He wondered when she took over his thoughts. He found it harder and harder to think of anything but her. He laughed. It was amazing how much like Lyssa she was.
"Lyssa," he murmured.
He had not thought about her in decades. A smile curled up on his face. He could remember her as if it was yesterday. Of course not counting cold sleep time it really wasn't that long ago.

Lyssa had always been his most trusted friend, even though she wasn't a guy. They had been friends since either could walk. Or more like enemies then. As they grew, so did their friendship. He could still remember the times friendship went a little further.

"Wake up Solace," she screamed, "Or your going to be late!" "Wha...What?" he replied.
"I said, get up. We have cold sleep training today." Lyssa smiled at the sleepy Alonzo.

"Hey, after last night - What do you expect" Alonzo jibbed with a devilish grin as he pulled her back in the bed.

Normally Lyssa would have been compliant, but they already had enough problems the last time they were late. After a few failed attempts, Alonzo realized that he wasn't going to get her to change her mind.

"Alright. LET'S GO!"
"That better! " she replied as he smacked her on the Behind. "ALONZO!!!" she said, "I'LL GET YOU!". They arrived just in time. Everyone knew what was going on. Alonzo had never seen so many people smile or laugh at once. Lyssa just turned red. He laughed even harder at her embarrassment.

"Ok," the instructor interrupted, "Today is your first cold sleep training session. You'll be asleep for a week.- If MR. Solace and Miss Thompson can be away from each other that long."

The class erupted in laughter. Alonzo and Lyssa laughed but amazing the comment even made Alonzo red.

"See you in a week he said and kissed her!"

A year later:

" Hey Solace, did you program the flight information in?" Lyssa questioned.

Alonzo just gave her a look that meant of course. "Hey, don't look at me like that," Lyssa huffed. "This is our first cold sleep mission. We'll be under for three months. I just want to be extra careful. We're in charge of 30 people's lives and..."

"Its okay!" he laughed at her nervousness. "You ready for bed? The doctor is waiting for us"

Lyssa nodded and they both made their way to the cold sleep chambers. He kissed her for a long time and they both said goodnight before they went to sleep.

2 months and 25 days later:

Alonzo slowly regained consciousness in his mind. MAN DOES MY MOUTH TASTE AWFUL. IF ONLY I COULD SLEEP FOR A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN I'LL GET UP. Soon he realized that he couldn't move. His limbs were frozen stiff. It seemed that every movement he tried caused an entreaty of pain. His body was screaming out, but no sound was made. The pain only grew in intensity. WHY WON'T I WAKE UP? WHY? His body was alive with pain. He wanted to cry, but he couldn't . Breathing became unbearable. He thought that he was dying. He didn't know. WAS THIS HELL? PLEASE HELP ME" The pain grew worse and he started to have seizures. His body twitched but he could feel nothing. His arm snapped. He knew it broke against the chamber wall. WHY WON'T THE COMPUTER SENSE THAT AWAKE!! OH GOD! HELP ME! LYSSA! HELP ME!!! He started to grow numb again. He felt his heart stopping. He knew he was dying. He started to fade into the blackness. It felt good to let go!

The light was blinding in Alonzo's eyes. He blinked and started to move, but was answered by pain. IS THIS ALL THERE IS? WHEN WE DIE, IS PAIN ALL THERE IS? He felt hands all around him. He looked up they weren't human. He tried to struggle but he was too weak. A hand went above his eyes and the pain subsided. He felt calm. ARE YOU GOD? WHAT ARE YOU? AM I DEAD? He received no reply. The earth covered hands took away his pain and all he cared about was not feeling anything. He even started to feel good.

Alonzo felt a sharp pain in his right leg. He bolted back. The lights were glaring in his face. He didn't know what was going on. People surrounded him as his eyes fluttered back to darkness.

"I've got a response," the doctor said. Alonzo's eyes flutter open and he could see that he was in the hospital ward of the ship.

"Easy, son you took quite a hard trip," The sleep chamber in the E sector malfunctioned. It's a wonder that your alive." the doctor said as Alonzo faded in and out of consciousness.

10 days later

Alonzo awaken to the smell of disinfectant. He was finally aware of all the instrument hooked up to him. The nurse noticed his recovery and the room was busy as the first earth station had been. This is when they told him that his copilot hadn't as been as lucky as he had. She had died in her cyro-tube. Alonzo didn't know whether to cry or deny the accusations.

"LEAVE ME ALONE! ALL OF YOU" he cried as they bustled out the door. He put his hands over his eyes and the tears fell despite his macho attitude.

Months later:

Alonzo took Lyssa's things home to her mother. He kept a single vid of their flight school graduation. How full of life she had been. He promised himself to never love or dream again. That part died with Lyssa. He cried a single tear and placed the holo-vid in his pocket!

Julia moved in his arms and he was aware of his present surroundings again! He held her closer. She had opened up his heart again, a place he thought he lost with Lyssa. He smiled finding the memories less harsh than before. He looked in his jacket pocket and found the vid. He smiled at the two of them and how happy they were. He thanked God for Julia and hoped that Lyssa had found her way to happiness with him.

He looked up and said "I still love you Lyssa, but Julia is the one! I've waited my whole life for her. Please watch over us." He blew a kiss upwards and drifted off to sleep with Julia in his arms.

A stranger slowly stepped into the tent. He footsteps were unnoticed. She laid a hand on Alonzo head and kissed his brow. She whispered silently.

"I'm glad you found your true love Alonzo and I'll always watch over you both." Lyssa kissed his forehead once again and touched Julia's hand.

"Take care of my fly-boy," she giggled. "He can be a handful."

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.