WAGERS
By
Margaret A. Czarney


Timeline: On way to New Pacifica
Author's E-Mail: mczarney@jcvaxa.jcu.edu or mcstarlight@hotmail.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Hi all! This little (and I do mean little) story popped into my head one night and it wouldn't leave until I wrote it down. I thought you guys might enjoy it.

Comments (good and bad) are extremely welcome at: MCStarlight@hotmail.com

Notice: Earth 2 and its characters are property of Amblin Entertainment. No copyright infrignment is intended.


Wagers
By Margaret A. Czarney

A woman's voice pierced the silence of the cold winter day. "What, are you crazy?"

"I'm not crazy," he answered her. "I'm telling you, it's not going to happen until after the colony ship gets here."

"Are you kidding, he won't wait that long."

"Yes he will."

She paused. "Well, even so, she won't wait that long."

"Are you kidding? She'd wait longer then he would."

They came up to the biodome. "I still think you're way off on this one," she said as they entered the main room.

"There's no way I'm wrong on this," he replied.

"What are you two arguing about now?" Bess Martin asked the feuding couple.

Devon turned to Bess and Morgan, who was sitting with his wife, having a cup of what passed for coffee here. She looked around to make sure they were alone before answering. "Danziger here thinks Alonzo's going to wait until after the colony ship arrives to ask Julia to marry him. I think he's crazy."

"What else is new?" Morgan mumbled. Danziger shot him a dirty look before replying.

"Devon, I will bet you anything," he said.

She looked at him with a gleam in her eyes. "Oh really? How about one day?"

Danziger looked at her suspiciously. "One day doing what?"

"Whatever the other wants. Chores, whatever."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "I'll agree to that," he said.

"Good," she said and turned to Bess and Morgan. "Will you guys be our witnesses?"

"Sure," Bess agreed quickly, smiling as usual.

Morgan started to mumble under his breath. "What is it with all the bets lately? First Alonzo starts the pool on them, and now they have a bet on him and Julia. Who's next?"

Luckily, no one heard him but Bess, who elbowed him sharply in the ribs.

"Ow!" Morgan cried. "What was that for?"

Bess glared at him. "Be quiet!" she whispered. If Devon or Danziger found out there was a pool on when they'd finally get together, they'd probably kill someone. She smiled at Devon, who was looking at them strangely. Devon looked at Danziger, who just shrugged, and she decided not to comment. She left the biodome with Danziger, starting up another argument. John joined in almost eagerly. They sparred back and forth, both enjoying themselves immensely. Bess shook her head as they left.

They were perfect for each other.

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.