EVEN THE BEST INTENTIONS CAN BE DEADLY
By
Nancy & Chris & Elisabeths


Timeline: On way to New Pacifica
Author's E-Mail: rapture@visi.net


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Earth2 and its characters belong to Universal and Amblin. No infrigement of copyright is intended.


Even the Best Intentions can be Deadly (1/3)
Written by Nancy, Chris Eldredge, Elizabeth Jones, and Elizabeth Heckert

Chapter One

This story takes place two days after the Surprise ended. John's Genes haven't been transferred to Devon's babies yet and the babies haven't been born yet.

It's two days after Julia came out of the coma. She's finally allowed out of bed and into the outside world. "Damn it feels so good out here. Fresh air at last." Julia takes a deep breath and breaths the cool air in and then lets it out.

"I'm glad you're happy Julia." Devon says relieved that her friend has finally recovered.

"Thanks", Julia says as she smiles at her, "so how are you feeling?" "I'm feeling good."

"Good." Bess comes over.

"I feel a little heavy though."

"Hey Jul are you ok? I'm sorry about the other day Devon." Says Bess.

"Yeah I'm ok, but guess what?" Julia says

"Good, you scared the hell out of me." Bess says as she hugs her. "Ok what?"

Julia smiles and then says. "I'm pregnant."

"Huh?" Bess says stunned.

"You're pregnant? Who's baby are you carrying?" Devon inquires.

"Alonzo's." Julia gleefully says.

"Are you sure?" Devon asks.

"Of course I'm sure. Do you remember two months ago when He and I got lost on that scout?" Julia grins.

"You didn't! What a perfect time to well you know." Says Devon.

"Yes it sure was and Dr. Kramer said that the toxins didn't harm the baby or anything."

"Well I guess you had nothing else to do those two weeks you were missing." Devon laughs.

So does Julia, finally she says. "Devon, our children are going to grow up together."

"Julia I know that is so great, so when you two getting married?"

"Tomorrow, will you be my matrid of honor?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Yep."

"That's such short notice and yes I will."

"Thanks Devon. Julia hugs her.

"Julia, I don't mean to bud in, but did you just say you were getting married to Morgan tomorrow?" Bess inquires.

"No, to Alonzo." Julia wonders if Bess has a fever and is suffering from delerium. "Me almost dying scared Alonzo pretty bad."

Julia checks Bess over and she's fine. "But I swear I just heard you say Morgan."

"I said Alonzo, damn it."

"Well, if Morgan almost died, I'd be scared out of my wits too."

"I hear you. I couldn't imagine losing Alonzo."

"Well, you did want to leave the group when you found out about Devon and him."

"Now Bess! That's it!" Exclaimed Devon.

"Things have changed." Julia proclaimed.

"First you insist on her saying she was marrying Morgan and now you bring up something totally irrelevant!!" Devon hissed.

"Julia, when were you and Alonzo together last? Wasn't it about two months ago?"

"Unfortunately it's been that long Bess why?" Julia inquired.

"I thought so, you two just couldn't keep your hands off each other! You stole my man!" Bess screeched.

"Alonzo's my man!!" Julia yelled.

"I remember now you and Morgan were the ones who got lost on the scouting trip!" Bess accused.

"Yeah sure he's your man that's what Devon said about Danziger too but look at her. She's carrying Alonzo's child, no matter what the hell you do to the genes."

"No we weren't!!" Julia interrupts. "You lying witch!!"

She lunges at her, Bess and Julia start fighting. Bess claws at Julia. Devon breaks it up, the fight weakens Julia making her sick again.

"Damn you Bess, look at her!! She might be having a relapse!!" Devon said in a mixture of worry and anger.

"Devon, get out!" Bess sarcastically says.

"You're dead meat!!" Devon seethed.

"Oh really do you want a piece of me? Come and get it you fat hussy!"

"If she goes into a coma again I'll kill you." Devon threatens.

Unnerved by Devon's threat, Bess leaves.

"Don't tell Alonzo, I'll be fine in a minute." Julia pleads.

"Julia, don't listen to her...Go to bed, now!"

"No, I'm not going back to that prison."

"Yes, you are!!" Devon said her voice full of worry for her friend.

"Get in bed now!"

"I'm fine." Julia almost faints.

"Danziger!! Get out here!!" Devon frantically yells.

John comes out of their tent and rushes over. "What Adair?"

"Help me get her back to bed, she almost fainted. It's Bess' fault."

"Oh God, why is the ground spinning?"

Julia finally falls to the ground unconscious.

"Julia!!" Devon rushes to her side and checks her vitals.

"What do you mean it's Bess' fault? What the hell did she do?"

They get her back to bed and send for Dr. Kramer. Moments later in the Medical tent, Devon tells John everything.

"So that's what all that yelling was about?" John muses.

"Yep Bess picked a fight with her." Devon says bitterly.

"Oh boy."

"Julia come on wake up you're scaring me." Devon says while trying to bring her around.

Dr. Kramer enters the tent. "What happened Devon?" Kramer demands.

"It's a long story. She tells him what happened. "Now help her."

Kramer goes to medicine cabinet and takes out a sedaderm. "I have to put her to sleep."

"What why? The idea is to wake her, right?" Says a very confused Devon.

"So she doesn't get worse while I find a permanent cure."

"Wait you said she was cured, what's going on here?"

"Well, see Devon what happened was this. When she got bit by that spider, something with the baby went wrong. No one knew about the baby at the time so I fixed it to where the baby would start to get better."

"And?" Says Devon as the anger builds up.

"I was hoping that Julia would too but it turns out that the baby gained her strength the other day when I was examining her, I noticed she had lost about 20 lbs and she weighs 115 lbs now. She can't have a child with that weight."

Devon slaps Kramer. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" Devon seeths out of extreme anger.

"I didn't want to worry anybody."

"Well you should have."

"I thought maybe I could come up with a permanent cure before anything bad happened. This relapse shouldn't have happened."

"She's not breathing." John exclaims.

Dr. Kramer rushes to Julia.

"John get Alonzo." Devon says as tears well in her eyes.

Dr. Kramer gets the electric pump and starts to pump her to get a pulse back.

"Don't die Julia, don't die." Devon pleads as the tears start flowing.

Dr. Kramer puts Julia on life support. "You know Devon, she can't stay on here forever."

"So what now? Can you cure her, and how long can you keep her alive?"

"Three days at the most."

"Then start working on a cure now. If she dies I'll never forgive you." Devon says through her tears.

"If she dies, I will have to take the baby out."

Alonzo comes rushing in. "All right Kramer, what are you doing?"

"Alonzo I'm sorry." Dr. Kramer says as he fills him in.

"You SOB!!" Alonzo yells.

Alonzo grabs him by the throat and starts strangling him. "You killed her! Because you were worried about Morgan Martin's child!"

Uly comes rushing in. "No Alonzo, forget him. The Terrians will cure her." Uly says. "They told me so."

"Uly, you don't understand!" Alonzo says.

"Yes I do. They told me that we're to bring her to the caves outside of camp."

"This jerk Kramer was worried about Morgan Martin's child, not even born yet, instead of Julia!!"

"It's your baby you idiot. Julia never had sex with Morgan." Uly says.

"Uly how do you know about? Nevermind will talk later let's take her to the caves. I can't lose my best friend. Please Alonzo." Devon Pleads.

"Ok." Alonzo says.

"You're not moving her!! Oww," Dr. Kramer grabs his neck and winces in pain. Eventually he falls asleep. Devon tosses the sedaderm that's in her hand.

They remove Julia from life support, Alonzo takes her into his arms and carries her to the dunerail. Then He, Devon, Julia, and Uly head for the caves outside of camp.


Even the Best Intentions can be Deadly (2/3)
Written by Nancy, Chris Eldredge, Elizabeth Jones, and Elizabeth Heckert

Chapter 2

Moments later in the med tent. Enter John and Yale. "What the hell is going on here? Where's Julia? And why is this clown asleep?" John ponders.

Yale brings Dr. Kramer around and he tells them everything. "Why did you lie to us!! Julia could've died!! The baby could've died with her!!" Yale demanded.

"It looked like she was going to be ok. I'm sorry."

"Save it I hope Julia sues you for malpractice." John says.

John and Yale leave the tent. Get into the ATV and head off for the caves. Dr. Kramer goes outside to face an angry lynch mob. "Stop yelling at him, he did what he thought was best at the time." Bess says.

"Shut up miss high and mighty, who brought on the relapse, hmm?" Magus accuses.

"Hey Julia didn't have to get violent."

"Stop it!! Julia might die, and all you can do is fight!!" True starts crying.

"Oh honey she's not going to die." Bess tries to comfort her.

"Don't lie to me." True Sobs. "Julia was going to teach me how to swim when we got to New Pacifica."

"It's ok Sweetie, Magus says in a comforting tone. "Everything's going to be all right you'll see."

"It's not ok, she's going to die I know it, poor Alonzo."

"True stop it. She's not going to die." Magus says. "Alonzo can take it. Look at him. He goes off having sex with all previous girlfriends and now he does it with your Mom."

True goes off to be alone. "Chill Magus, she's just a child." Morgan says.

John and Yale return from the caverns. Moments later in the caverns. Alonzo places Julia on the caves ground, and two Terrians appear along with Mary the Terrian girl. The Terrians forgave her months ago so now she's back with them.

"Alonzo I'm so sorry." Says Mary her voice filled with sorrow.

"Can you save her Mary? I know you can. Please save her." Says a very devastated Alonzo.

"I'll do my best I promise, we all will, but we need her for two days." Mary says.

"And don't worry about the baby, please don't. It's not my child, so I'm not worried about it." Alonzo says.

"It is too Alonzo." Mary assures him.

"Mary, can you prove it?" Alonzo asks.

"Yes I can." She makes him dream and he finally sees that Julia would never cheat on him and that he is in fact the father "Go now, I'll contact you in two days."

"Ok Mary, but if that baby is mine, and she loses it I'm gonna be psst!"

"Alonzo wait we're not just going to leave her here." Devon worriedly says.

"Mom it's ok, she'll be all right." Uly assures her.

"Yeah but maybe they'll let one of us stay. Alonzo, will you stay with her?" Devon pleads.

"Alonzo, they'll allow you to stay. Come on mom we have to go."

Devon and Uly head back to camp. "Devon wait don't leave, please!" Alonzo yells after them. "Mary what's going to happen to Julia?"

"Come Alonzo." She leads him to another room in the caverns.

"Where are we going?"

"Don't argue Alonzo just come with me."

"No I won't go!"

"Don't you even love her anymore? Now come on."

"I want to know what's going to happen to Julia! And yes I love her."

"You'll find out in time, don't worry."

Alonzo grumbles. "Ok I'll come."

Alonzo finally goes with her. Meanwhile back at Camp. "True stop crying. Julia's not going to die." Uly says in a comforting voice.

"Uly, I can feel it. She's going to die." She says through her tears.

"Uly do you love me?"

"No she's not Mary and the Terrians will save her. Huh? Ew yuck you're a girl."

"Your mom is a girl and you love her, so do you love me?"

"Yes I love you like a sister and I hate to see you upset like this. Let's go play in VR while we wait for Julia to be cured."

"No I'm going back to the caves."

True runs towards the Caves, so Uly chases after her. Currently at the campfire.

"Um, hey Dev." Bess nervously says.

"What do you want witch?" Devon seeths.

"Look I'm sorry about earlier, but Julia threw the first punch."

"I don't give a damn who threw the first punch! It doesn't matter!" Devon hollers.

"I was just kidding I didn't mean to provoke her."

"What matters is she was talking about a wedding that has been delayed now!"

Bess saddens, "oh yeah that."

"I don't care if you were just kidding!"

"Devon come on, you know I would never want anyone in the group to die."

"At least not intentionally Bess? It was your paranoia that caused Julia's relapse."

"If you want to hit me go ahead I know she's your best friend. And another thing who caused her illness in the first place?!" Bess accused.

"Bess I'm awfully tempted to hit you, but I wouldn't want to waste my time. And you did true I initally caused it but she forgave me."

"Hmph, fine." Bess says as she walks away.

"Oh let her go Devon, she's not worth it." Magus says.

"Hey that's my wife you're talking about." Morgans glares at her.

"That's not true Magus we need everyone." She glares at Morgan. "Some less than others."

Morgan goes after Bess, and Walman comes rushing over. "Hey True ran to the caverns. Uly went after her."

"What?!" She locks eyes with Walman.

"It's ok John and Baines went to get them." Walman assures her.

"Wait my son and step daughter went where?" Walman's words finally sink in. "Oh okay." She lets out a sigh of relief.

"True's scared she thinks Julia's going to die. So she wants to be with her." Walman says.

"Julia's not going to die!" Devon says. Although she's not so sure of it herself.

Cameron clears his throat to speak. Devon stares at him in awe. "How do you know?" Cameron inquires. "Eben died, so Julia may die too."

"Eben was different." Devon says gently.

"Cameron cut it out, Julia isn't going to die, case closed." Magus exclaims. "Julia's a fighter she'll pull through."

"You always were too optimistic Magus." Cameron chides.

"Shut up Cameron!! I'm scared now too!! I don't want to lose our only doctor that I trust!!" She glares at Dr. Kramer.

Dr. Kramer glares back at Magus daring her to say anything further.

"You lied to us, you said Julia was cured." Accused Magus.

"It was what you needed to hear." Kramer says nonchalantly.

"Hah!!" Magus goes off to her tent to sulk.

"To get people like you off my back!" Kramer yelled after her.

"Man shut up or I'll knock you clear across the planet. Walman threatens. "You Quack!"

Kramer gets up in Walmans' face. "I'd like to see you try it."

Walman punches Kramer's lights out. Dr. Kramer falls unconscious to the ground and Walman smirks.

"Stop it!" Devon demands.

"But Devon he's responsible."

"I don't care violence doesn't solve anything. Haven't we had enough already?!"

"I'm sorry." Walman sits down.

John returns with the children, and Devon goes over to them. "Hey, why can't I stay with Julia? Alonzo's allowed." True asked.

"Because you'd just be in the way and they need space." Devon said.

"But she's my friend." True says in a sad voice.

"I know True." Devon hugs her. "She's my friend too. And as for you young man."

"True she's going to be all right, she'll be there to teach you how to swim when we get to New Pacifica." He turns to Devon.

"Mom, I just went along to stop her, honest."

"Well I'm just glad you're both back in one piece. Next time just tell me all right."

"Ok."

"Yeah sure ok. True says distractedly as she and Uly go off to bed.

John looks at Devon. "True's taking this very hard." He muses.

"I know, and she's not the only one." Devon sadly says.

"Are you ok?"

"I won't lie to you I never could, no I'm not ok."

"Me either."

"I feel like I'm about ready to fall apart."

John holds her, and she leans into his embrace. "And I don't know who I want to kill first, Bess or Kramer?" Devon says vengefully.

"Bess we've known longer. Kramer can go to hell." Says John.

Devon laughs weakily. "Does that mean we kill Bess more kindly?"

John laughs. "I don't know what to do about Bess I mean I thought she was a friend, but now I'm not so sure."

"I never trusted that Cupie doll."

"Yeah but Kramer's more to blame than she is. Bess had no idea that Julia could have a relapse, we both know that."

"I know but it hurts more coming from Bess."

"I know."

Yale comes over.

"Hello." Says Devon.

"The kids are in bed, and I'm going to bed now too goodnight. But first. Devon are you all right?" Yale inquires in a fatherly tone.

"Yet another person that knows me all too well, no I'm not."

"Julia will be ok. She's not going to die."

"That's not all of it. I'm sick of all the hassel, all the fighting, and this damn morning sickness."

"I know, come on let's go to bed. you're worn out." John says.

"All right."

She leans on him and they begin walking away. The next morning in the caverns, on the dreamplane.

"What is this place? Alonzo where are you?" Julia asks in a frightened voice.

"Here querida I'm here." Alonzo assures her.

"There you are." She smiles at him. "Where are we Flyboy? The last I remember I was talking with Devon and Bess, and Bess made me angry so I fought with her."

"You collapsed soon after the fight." He says sadly.

"What, she says momentarily stunned, "that's impossible. Kramer cured me."

"We're on the dreamplane Julia, and no he didn't." He says bitterly.

"The Dreamplane, Alonzo what's going on? Julia asks frantically.

"Kramer tried to save the baby, and it's having adverse effects." He tells her the rest.

"That bastard." Julia seeths then pauses. "Wait Alonzo. The baby must be saved. The baby comes first not me."

"No Julia no it does not!" He says with conviction.

"Yes he or she does. They deserve a chance at life."

"We can always have another child but if I were to lose you." Tears well in his eyes as his voice trails off.

"Honey," she holds him. "I'm going to do everything in my power to stay alive I promise you."

"Promise?"

"Yes I love you Flyboy."

"I love you too querida please remember that." He reaches over to kiss Julia and suddenly awakens.


Even the Best Intentions can be Deadly (3/3)
Written by Nancy, Chris Eldredge, Elizabeth Jones, and Elizabeth Heckert

Chapter 3

Currently back at camp. Everyone is just starting their day after short and quiet breakfast. Somewhere near the middle of camp. "Are you still mad at me?"

"Bess, I have nothing to say to you." Devon says angrily.

"Devon come on. I never meant for this to happen." Bess says in a guilty tone.

"I realize that Bess, but you're an adult and you're supposed to think before you act."

"I know that."

"I'd expect something like this from Morgan, but not you."

"Excuse you, what did you say about my husband?"

"You can apologize all you like but it's not going to change what happened." Her mind replays the events of the morning before.

"I'll make it up to Julia." Bess breaks through Devon's thoughts. "Her forgiveness is all I care about."

"Well then I guess you'd better hope she's more forgiving than I."

"Go to hell Devon." She walks away.

Devon rolls her eyes and walks away. Uly approaches her. "Good morning Mom."

"Hey Uly."

"I talked to the Terrians again and there's a problem." He says sadly.

"A problem?" Oh Lord no, they can't help her, Devon solemly thinks to herself. "What?!"

"They need help."

"Help like what?"

"From Bess."

"Oh", Devon glowers. "Bess, will you come over here for a minute?"

"They say they can't cure Julia unless someone that has lived on a planet most of their life is present."

Bess walks over. "What do you want Devon?" She sneers.

"Don't sneer at me. Julia needs your help."

"What do you mean Devon? What's going on?" Bess grows fearful. Theres a short silence. "Devon come on is Julia in trouble, oh no they can't cure her."

"Uly, tell Bess what you just told me."

"She's going to die." Bess becomes hysterical.

"Bess just calm down and listen to my son!"

Uly slaps sense into Bess and explains. "Uly, no don't ever do that again." Devon lectures.

"Sorry mom."

"Ok I'll go there. I'll do whatever it takes." Bess exclaims.

Bess leaves for the caverns after she tells Morgan. Uly heads for the tents and John comes over.

"Hey, John, I was just thinking of you. What do you think of Agatha?" Devon inquires.

"Agatha? For what Dev?"

"Oh, never mind." She says.

"Ok, now where did Bess head off to?"

"Bess has gone to the caves."

"Why?"

"The Terrians need her help."

"And she agreed? That's a change. Trying to redeem herself maybe?."

"Yeah, well, good luck" She says in a sarcastic tone.

"Honey, I know you're worried about Julia, I am too. However Bess isn't evil like Dr. Kramer."

"Yes, I know that, it's just." She sighs then shakes her head. "You wouldn't understand."

"What?" He wraps his arms around her.

"I just, I just can't forgive Bess. I don't know why. Maybe it's the hormones, but whenever I think of her I get so angry." Her mind flashes back to Julia's collapse again.

"Even if she saves Julia's life." John breaks into her thoughts.

"I don't know, I just don't know."

He tries to comfort her. "I guess we'll have to see." She sighs.

Meanwhile in True's tent.

"Come on True get out of bed." Uly says.

"No, it's too early." She grumbles.

"No it's not you've been lying here awake for an hour now."

"I just don't wanna get up."

"Is is because of Julia, I told you that she's going to be ok."

"No, it's not just Julia."

"Then what?"

"It's everything. Everything's just been shot to hell lately. The adults are acting like children, people are being betrayed right and left. It's just not normal."

"I know." Uly sadly agrees.

"Sometimes I just want to go out there and scream in their faces, you know?"

"I'm angry about it too. This shouldn't have happened."

"Why are adults so stupid sometimes?"

"I don't know I'm a kid."

"At any rate." She rolls over. "I don't wanna get up." She then mumbles. "Maybe we'll understand when we're older. But I doubt it."

"I doubt it too, well I'll see you later ok."

"Maybe I'll get up for lunch. See ya."

Uly leaves the tent, and True escapes to the caves. One hour later in the caverns.

"True Girl what are you doing here?" Alonzo worriedly asks.

"Hi Alonzo I just wanted to come along. I slipped away from camp; I'm very good at that." She smiles.

"Honey, Bess told me you were real upset last night."

"Yeah." She says sadly.

"I know you want to be with Julia, but now isn't the time. Wait until she returns to camp recovered."

"No, I don't wanna do that. I can't stand all this waiting around!"

"Come on True." Mary says. "I'll take you to Julia."

"Thank you Mary." True says as she follows her.

Alonzo contacts the others on gear and lets them know it's ok. Moments later where Julia is "Julia?" She goes to her side.

"True you shouldn't have come here." Bess lectures.

"I know, but I had to I just had to!" She pushes a loose strand of Julia's hair back into place.

"I know honey, but as you can see Julia is still unconscious. She won't know you're here."

"I don't care." True shrugs. "Besides, it's better than nothing. Better than staying back at camp. It's crazy there."

"Julia will know that she's here." Mary proclaims.

"I know, everyone hates me, and I don't blame them." Bess chides.

"I don't hate you Bess. I was just a little mad and I'm sorry."

"Thanks Kiddo, and I really am sorry this happened." She gazes at Julia.

"So am I. I think Devon's still angry. Dad's trying to bring her around, though."

"Good."

"True do you want to talk to Julia?"

"I guess but how?"

"First you have to fall asleep and dream."

"Well, I still am a little tired." She smiles weakly.

Mary places her palm on Trues Forehead, True falls asleep, and enters the Dreamplane.

"True?" Says a surprised Julia.

"Julia?" She looks around and finally sees her. "Julia!" True goes to her and hugs her.

"Hey Sweetie, how are you?" Julia smiles as she returns the hug.

"I'm fine," True grins.

"That's not what I heard. I heard you are scared. Don't be, everything's going to be all right. The baby and I are going to be fine."

"Well," True looks ashamed, "Danzigers are never scared."

Julia Grins and thinks to herself. Yes they are they just don't like to show it.

"You're gonna get better real soon, right?"

"Yes, at least that's what the Terrians have told me."

"Well, Uly says we can trust the Terrians. Of course, who can trust Uly?" True Smirks.

"True, come on now" Julia laughs.

"But Alonzo also says we can trust the Terrians."

"How is Alonzo and how's Devon?" Julia says her voice filled with concern.

"Alonzo's all right. Devon's just been in a terrible mood. She and Bess still haven't made up. I don't think Devon's happy being mad at her, but she can't seem to forgive her either."

"Oh", her face grows story." "I want to talk to Devon."

True awakens, contacts Devon and tells her. Devon enters the dreamplane.

"Julia?"

"Hi Dev."

"Oh thank God you're all right!" She sighs in relief.

"Gee Devon I didn't know you cared." Julia kids.

Devon laughs and they hug. "Well, you're our only reliable doctor." Devon kids back.

"Ha ha Adair, by they way we need to talk."

"What about?"

"Bess."

"Oh," her expression darkens. "The woman who caused your relapse."

"Devon she didn't mean for me to get sick again."

"I know I know." Devon sighs.

"Then what is going on here? Why are you finding it so hard to forgive her?"

Devon remains silent. "Devon, come on, you can tell me anything you know that."

"Yes, I know," she smiles at her. "This whole thing has been just a giant mess, Julia. I mean, we're stranded on a planet, 22 light years from Earth, and there are what 15 of us now?"

"Yep, now that Eben is gone." Julia says sadly.

"Living together day after day has just gotten to me." Devon continues.

"I mean having to wake up every morning to the reality of our situation."

"Devon, we're going to be all right, we'll get to New Pacifica."

"I'm so confused now, I don't know what's up and what's down. So to answer your question, I honestly don't know!"

Devon suddenly awakens from the dreamplane. "Julia, Julia where did you go?" She says not realizing that she's awake yet. Enter Yale.

"Devon are you all right?" He worriedly asks.

"Yes, Yale, I'm fine." She lies.

"Good, the Terrians are almost done, but it can still go either way."

"Oh dear", she begins to pace.

"Why don't you get some rest. This pregnancy is wearing you out." Yale says out of concern.

"I haven't been able to sleep much lately. I keep thinking about what a mess things have become." She sighs

"I know, he comforts her.

Enter Dr. Kramer. Devon glares at him with icy suspicion. "Devon if you want I'll put John's Genes in the baby."

"No, I want Julia to do it." Devon says as she thinks. How dare he suggest such a thing. First he lies that Julia's ok and now this? Fury builds inside of her.

"Julia is going to die, face it, the Terrians can't cure her."

"Julia is not going to die." Devon seeths.

"I couldn't cure her."

"Believe it or not, you're not the end-all-be-all of medicine, Dr. Kramer." Devon hollers.

"Get the hell out of here, I wish we never found you." Yale says all the while glaring at him.

"Yes, stay away from me, stay away from my family, stay away from my friends, and GET OUT OF MY GROUP!" Devon hollers.

"I'm not a monster. I just made a bad judgement call."

"Hasn't everyone lately?" Devon says as she rolls her eyes at him.

"Fine!!" Dr. Kramer packs and leaves.

"Good he's gone. I'll help deliver Julia's baby and yours if she's unable too. I've delivered babies before." Yale says.

"Yale, you have? Whoa I Learn something new every day." Devon grins at him.

"Yes I have." He smiles back.

Uly comes rushing in. "Mom you have to go to the caves. There's another problem. You have to forgive Bess, or Julia will die." He catches his breath.

"What?, she says suddenly alarmed. "Why's that??"

"I don't know it's something to do with the planet."

"Well, let's go! We're wasting precious time." Devon demands.

They leave for the caves. Moments later in the caverns. "Devon thank God your here." Bess sighs in relief.

"I came as fast as I could." Devon frantically says.

"Good, I don't care if you have to fake it. Just as long as Julia lives."

"No Bess, I was wrong I really was." Devon begins. "You should be forgiving me."

"No I was wrong to provoke her like I did."

"Yes, but you didn't mean for anything to come of it."

"I know Devon," She smiles. "Truce?"

"Truce", Devon smiles back at her.

Julia starts groaning. "Querida", Alonzo says and then rushes to her side.

Devon rushes to her side. "Julia, are you awake?"

Julia awakens and smiles at her best friend and lover. "Hey my two favorite people."

"Thank God you're ok." He takes her into his arms and kisses her passionately.

"I really missed ya Flyboy."

Devon and Bess hug Julia, and then Mary comes over. "Thanks Mary, I owe you a lot." Says Julia.

"Julia I think that's my line." Alonzo grins.

"No you don't, Just live your life to the fullest and take care of that baby when he or she arrives."

"Will do, I'll take care of both of them." He kisses the roots of Julia's hair.

"True Girl?" Julia calls. True goes to her side and Julia hugs her. "I told you everything would be all right."

"Yes you did". True smiles and returns the hug.

"Now let's go home." Julia says.

They thank Mary and the Terrians again and head back to camp. Moments later at camp. Everyone greets Julia, later after the excitement dies down.

"So Flyboy are we getting married tomorrow or what?" Julia mischievously inquires.

"Damn right we are." He grins at her.

"Good, now where's Kramer?" Julia says through clenched teeth.

"Oh, him?, Devon says. "I kicked him out."

"Good", Julia smiles.

"He was a menace."

"I know I almost died because of him."

"That's why I kicked him out." Devon says. "No one does that to my best friend."

Julia smiles at her. The next day Julia and Alonzo are married, and after their honeymoon she places Johns Genes in the baby.

-The End-


The next story will either be about the birth of the twins and Alonzo and Julia's baby, or about the pregnancies.

This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.