EARTH 2 / HomeFront Crossover
By
Nancy & Chris Eldredge


Timeline: On way to New Pacifica
Author's E-Mail: rapture@visi.net


AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Earth2 is the property of Amblin and Universal. Homefront is the property of Warner Bros. No infringement of copyright is intended.

Earth2 Timeline: On way to New Pacifica Homefront Timeline: Before Jeff leaves for Spring Training


Earth2/ Homefront Crossover (1/2)
Written by Nancy and Chris Eldredge


Voice of Devon: Everything has been going well since my recovery. I have finally given in to my feelings for John and every day we are discovering new things about each other some good, some not so good. Things are going a little too well. For the past few days I've had this overwhelming sense of dread. That trouble is about to strike. I hope I'm wrong...

It has been three months since Devon Adair the leader of Eden Advance was brought out of cold sleep. The Eden Advance will be forever grateful to the Terrians for curing her after she fell ill from a mysterious illness. The ones that are most grateful are her old childhood tutor and now father figure Yale, her son Uly, and John Danziger. Devon and John have grown closer as a result. And they often spend nights together alone. Yale didn't mind watching the children on those nights when he saw how happy the new couple was with each other.

The Eden Advance was breaking up camp and preparing to continue their journey. Which they have been doing for nearly a year when they crash landed on G889 several thousand miles from their destination, New Pacifica. Humanity had needed a second chance and the only way they could have one was to start over on a new planet. The original Earth was next to dead and the refuge for humankind was the space stations. However, the space stations turned out to be too sterile denying the things that human life needs in order to survive like an earth type environment. This caused some children to get something called the Syndrome. The life expectancy for a child with the syndrome was nine years.

Devon, a wealthy woman had a son named Ulysses who came down with the syndrome so she arranged a project called the Eden Project to locate a habitable planet. She found one and made arrangements to go there and for 250 families to follow in a colony ship.

The Colony ship is scheduled to land at New Pacifica two years after The Advance ship was so now Devon and Crew have to reach New Pacifica and have it set up in time for the Syndrome children that are on the way.

Terrians have cured Uly of the syndrome by altering his DNA. The Terrians are natives of G889 who are one with the planet...

Julia the EA's doctor approaches Alonzo, the pilot of the ship that carried the Eden Advance here, who seems to be deep in thought.

"You ok cutey?" She smiles at him. "Yeah I'm ok, just feel a little restless this morning." "Save it for tonight then." She says provocatively.

He grins at her and bends his head slightly to kiss her.

"Ok everyone let's move out!!" Says John.

Walman and Magus, two members of the ops crew, get in the Transrover. Alonzo gets in the one person ATV while Julia starts to climb up and sit on the top railing. A cold chill goes through Devon and she trembles slightly.

"You cold?" John asks as he wraps his arms around her. "No, I just don't like it when she rides up there." Devon says "Come on let's get going she'll be fine. You worry too much honey." He kisses her and they get into the 4 person ATV with their children.

One hour later while the Eden Advance is traveling. John and Devon are having a discussion in the four passenger ATV.

"I really wish that she'd stop riding up there like that. What if Alonzo has to stop suddenly." Devon muses.

"Relax Adair. Stop being such a mother hen." "I am not a mother hen."
"You are too."
"Am not?"
"Yes you are Devon." True Danziger, John's daughter, teases. "Hey leave my mom alone." Uly threatens.

Currently in the one person ATV, Alonzo looks up at Julia and grins.

"Hey Querida, want to see how fast this baby can go?" "Not necessarily flyboy."
"Come on live a little." He floors it. "Alonzo!!" Julia hollers.

Meanwhile a few feet away from the Transrover. The rest of the crew witnesses Alonzo's carelessness. Devon immediately flips on her gear and tries to make contact.

"Alonzo slow down now." Devon demands worriedly. "Relax Devon I know what I'm doing." He replies. "Solace if you don't slow that vehicle down I'll have your head." John threatens.

"Oh my God, Alonzo Lookout!!" Julia screams in fear. "Oh shit!!" He slams on the brakes and the vehicle crashes into a boulder. Julia is thrown.

"Julia!!" Devon screams in horror.

Julia lands striking the boulder headfirst. She is instantly engulfed in a world of darkness.


Julia awakens and feels no pain. Confused by this she wonders if the accident killed her. She looks around and sees nothing familiar. She just sees a bunch of trees and flowers.

"Alonzo!! Devon!! Danziger!!" Oh no, I am dead she thinks gloomingly.

A mosquito bites her. Hmm, then again I'm alive. She is relieved by this revelation but still very confused.

"Where the hell is everyone, where are the vehicles?"

She wanders into town, and receives several strange stares from passersby. She observes her surroundings. Hmm, looks like a mid twentieth century town? But how? She thinks to herself. This doesn't make sense at all. She enters the drugstore that Anne Metcalf and Ginger Szabo work in.

"Hey Anne."
"What Earl?" She says growing tired of his constant passes and hoping that Al Kahn, her suitor, will walk in and take care of this clown.

Her mind wanders thinking about Al, the man who had come into town back in the fall. At first she didn't like him, she thought he was trouble, but she had begun to change her mind over the months. Al was currently trying to get a union started at Sloan Industries a Steel Plant in town which was owned by Michael and Ruth Sloan. Anne's daughter Linda Metcalf was helping Al get the union started so was Charlie Hailey Anne's son Hank's best friend. Hank was against the union since he had the title of Safety manager at the plant.

Since then her home had been in chaos with Linda and Hank fighting all the time. Despite all the trouble she was falling in love with Al Kahn.

"I think something's wrong with your daughter." He motions to Julia.

Anne sees her. Wearing slacks and a top with the diaglove on her left arm. She also notes the hiking boots.

"Honey are you ok?" Julia doesn't respond. Anne grows alarmed. "Linda?" She approaches her.

"Um, who's this Linda? And would you mind telling me where the hell I am." Julia observes Anne's confusion and worry. "Sorry, I'm Dr. Julia Heller. You haven't seen anyone named Alonzo Solace, or Devon Adair have you?"

"Did you hit your head? I'm taking you to St. Anne's." Anne gets her coat.

Earl approaches and observes Julia.

"It's not funny what you're doing to your mother here Linda." "Who the hell is Linda, and she's not my mother. My mother is on the space stations with her precious council." Julia says bitterly.

"Stop it Earl, this isn't Linda." Anne finally says.

Julia smiles at her. Grateful that she finally believes her.

"What is this place? Last I knew I was on G889." "G889?"
"Yeah it's in the G800 Galaxy, since Earth died we had to look for a new planet."

"Maybe you should take her to the insane asylum." Earl chides. "Get lost Earl." Anne gives him a look that shoots daggers. Earl scatters. "Come on. You look hungry." Anne leads her to one of the tables.

Julia removes her diaglove. Anne gets her something to eat and Julia tells her everything.

"And when I woke up they were all gone the vehicles everything." "I think I should call a doctor, you might have a concussion."

Julia examines herself with the diaglove.

"No need, I'm fine. So where am I? What year is it?" "You're in River Run, Ohio. It's February 20, 1946." "My God, I haven't even been born yet." Julia says in shock. She gazes up at Anne. "You think I'm crazy don't you?"

"No," Anne shakes her head. Don't ask me why, but I believe you. "You have to meet my daughter though you're the spitting image of her."

"Are you sure she won't flip out?"
"Flip out?" Anne eyes her questioningly. "Oh yeah that term wasn't used yet in the 1940's."

Anne takes her home with her. Later at the Metcalf's. Julia observes the house in awe. She had never seen anything like this on the stations.

"This house is beautiful." She looks around some more.

Linda walks in the front door.

"Hi honey you're home early."
"Hi mom." She places her purse down. "Do you need help with dinner?"

Julia turns around and her and Linda's eyes meet. They both stand there in a shock for a few minutes. Julia thinks to herself. Hmm, my great great great great grandmother maybe?

"Mom, is there something you want to tell me? Like am I twin or something?"

"No honey, she's not from around here." "I'll say." Linda muses as she observes Julia. Julia becomes uneasy under her gaze.

"I should really try to find my friends." She heads to the door. "Julia, I don't think you'll find them." Anne says sadly. "Stay here until we can figure out how to get you back to your own time."

"What's going on here?" Linda inquires.

Anne tells her everything. Later that night Anne's children are discussing the events of the day at Pearl's Roadhouse.

"She's probably a con artist." Jeff Metcalf, Anne's son, says as he nurses his beer. "She has mom hook, line, and sinker."

"You don't know that Jeff." Linda says. "Come on Linda." Hank Metcalf, Anne's eldest son, laughs. "She obviously escaped from a mental asylum. Born on space stations. Settling another planet."

Linda glares at both of them and shakes her head.

"What if I believe her?" Linda finally says. "You would." Hank scolds.
"Hank don't, it's bad enough that you two are constantly at odds about the union." Sarah pleads to her husband.

"I'm sorry but I still don't trust this Julia Heller lady." He walks away.

The next morning in the Metcalf home, Julia awakens on the couch and reaches out for Alonzo.

"Alonzo come on flyboy time to wake up." Not hearing his reply she awakens and everything comes rushing back to her.

Moments later Linda comes downstairs and enters the kitchen. She sees Julia sitting at the table with a distant expression on her face.

"A penny for your thoughts." Linda says. "What? Oh yeah an old Earth expression dating back to the twentieth century. Yale told us about that." She wanders outside. Linda follows.

"So this is what the planet was like before..." Julia's voice trails off.

"Before what?" Linda inquires.
"Environmental destruction." Julia says somberly. "Come on there's plenty of resources." Linda says. "That will never happen."

"It did happen, and you're wrong it will all run out."

There's an uncomfortable silence.

"So who's Alonzo?" Linda asks.

Julia looks at her questioningly.

"I heard you calling out his name in your sleep last night." "He's the only one who has ever loved me." "Why do you say that?" Linda asks.
"Because everybody else hated me. Then I got to know Alonzo," Julia says remembering the time that she and Alonzo have spent together.

Meanwhile on G889. Julia sustained severe brain trauma. Yale has done all he can for her but she remains unconscious. All of Eden Advance has been doing all they can to bring Julia around. Currently Devon and John are keeping a vigil in the Medical tent.

"Come on Julia! Wake up damn it! We need you!" Devon finally broke down crying. She had been trying to wake Julia up all night long, and the strain had finally begun to weigh on her.

"Devon, it's ok. Julia's going to be fine. She'll come around." Danziger says in a comforting tone although he's not so sure himself.

Presently back on the original Earth in the Metcalf's yard.

Julia had started quizzing Linda. She wanted to know a lot more about her.

"Linda, when were you born?" She asks. Linda thinks about it for a moment. "Why?" "I'm just curious, that's all," Julia answers. "Ok then. I was born in 1922," she says. "Do you have anyone?" Julia asks.
"I did once" she says sadly thinking of Michael Sloan Jr.

She and Michael had been engaged before he shipped out to Europe in Early 1942. They corresponded through love letters. Then suddenly in late 1944 the letters had stopped coming. Finally in the Spring of 1945 she learned why. Her Fiancee had fallen in love with someone else a woman from Italy named Gina.

The war had ended and Michael's bride had arrived at the Sloan's expecting her new husband to join her. Sadly he was killed in a plane crash after the war had ended. One month ago Gina gave birth to their daughter and named her Emma.

"What happened to him?" Julia asks
"I'd rather not talk about it?" Linda says "Ok," Julia says.
"Ok. So when were you born?" Linda asks. "Way in the future. You don't want to know." Julia says convincingly. "Ok, so who are your other friends?" Linda asks. "Well, there's Devon Adair and John Danziger. Then there's True and Uly. They are the only children on G889," Julia says.

"They're the only two? Where are the other kids?" "Well, they are coming. But they aren't supposed to get there for another year and a half," Julia tells her.

"Why is that?" Linda asks.
"Because we have to setup New Pacifica before they get there. But we didn't land at New Pacifica. We crashed about 5000 miles away. The Council didn't want us to get there. So they imbedded this chip in Danziger's friend, Alex. On the ship, before everyone else woke up from cold sleep, she woke up and unlocked an airlock. That caused the ship to crash," Julia explains.

Hank approaches them with a mocking look on his face.

"Is there a problem?" Julia glares at him.


Earth2/ Homefront Crossover (2/2)
Written by Nancy and Chris Eldredge


The next day back on G889 the kids are playing. Devon is happy about this because she hopes that having fun will get their minds off Julia for a while.

"True! Uly! Lunch!" Bess Martin calls out to them. "Coming!!" True says to Uly, "Come on! Bet I can beat you back to camp!" She takes off running as fast as she can.

"No you won't!" Uly yells as he passes True.

Presently in the Medical tent John and Devon are still trying to bring Julia around.

"John, what if she never wakes up?" Devon asks, still searching for answers.

"She'll wake up, Devon. Just let her rest," John tells her. "Now, come on lunch is ready."
"Ok, let me go get something real quick."

They go to her tent to get something and encounter Yale.

Devon enters the tent. "Yale, what brings you here?" Devon asks. "Devon, have you seen Alonzo?" Yale asks concerned about the pilot.

"No, why?" Devon asks confused.
"I haven't seen him since the crash yesterday. Where would he go? What happened to him? Has he been seen around camp?" Asked Yale, full of questions.

"Oh my gosh Yale! We all forgot him! What have we done?!" Devon exclaims.

She runs to Alonzo's tent.

"Alonzo! Where are you?"
She rushes to his bed. ~It looks as if he is there~ Devon thinks. She shakes his body. The covers fall to the ground. "Oh, it's only pillows. Wait, there's a tape here." She picks up the tape and rushes to the communications tent with it. "Morgan, put this in the tape player! Now!!" Devon yells at him.

"Why? What's on it?" Morgan Martin, Bess's husband asks. "Just do it damn it!" Devon commands. "Fine," Morgan says. "Not like you people ever tell me anything anyway," he mutters.

Voice of Alonzo: "Devon, Danziger. I never meant to hurt Julia. I was just trying to have some fun with her. When you get this tape, I won't be anywhere near camp. I won't even be close to camp. I'm leaving. I can't face what I've done. I've killed the only person that I truly love. Tell her good-bye for me please. Good-bye."

The tape ends and clicks off leaving the rest of Eden Advance in a state of shock. Most of them had gathered around Devon.

"Devon, what are we going to do?" Magus asks. "We're going to split up into search parties and go find him," Devon says.

"Now let's move. Magus, Baines, Walman, you go North, the way we came from. Morgan, Devon and I will go East. Everybody else keep an eye out. We can't send everybody right now. Two parties is enough," Danziger says.

"Bess, Mazatl, and Denner be ready to take any group's place," Devon says. "In the meantime Bess will you look after Julia?"

"Sure Devon." Bess says.
"Yale, stay in the Communications tent. Go get your weapons and a vehicle now," Devon commands.

Magus goes into the Weapons tent.

"Devon! Get in the Weapons tent! Hurry!" Magus yells. "What is it Magus? What's wrong?" Devon says with concern as she enters the tent.

"We're missing two magpros, several hand guns, 6 flares, and an Uzi machine gun that we brought along in case of a real emergency. It appears that Alonzo has been here. What do you think?" Magus asks Devon.

"I think Alonzo took 1 hand gun and 1 magpro, along with some ammunition as well as 2 flares. Just like he was part of a search party. But he's not. He's alone and dangerous."

"We better start looking for him, Adair," Danziger tells her. "Really John? I figured we could just sit around all day and wait for Solace to get back and for Julia to wake up whenever she feels like it!" Devon yells at him.

"Whoa! Chill Lady!" Danziger exclaims.

He hasn't used that tone of voice with Devon since Julia cured her and she woke up from cold sleep.

"I'm sorry Devon. It just." Danziger stutters for words. "It slipped. I didn't mean it."

"Hey, Devon! Check this out!" True exclaims. "What is it True?" She says with annoyance clearly in her voice. "Footprints. More than one set too. See?" True point to two sets heading back to where the ATV crashed.

"Good girl True!" Devon runs over and hugs her. "How did you find these?"
"Because I almost ran into whatever made the second set." "What?! Why didn't you scream True-Girl?" Danziger asks. "I thought it was just a Koba or Grendler. I'm not scared of them anymore.

So I figured, why scream and worry everybody? So I let it go by. No big deal. Why? What's wrong?" True ask, becoming scared.

"Alonzo is missing True-Girl. And so are a lot of our weapons. Describe what you ran into."

"I can't. I don't know how," True says, frightened. "Yes you can True. You've done it before. Come on," Uly says. "Ok. It was short. Not real short. Like 5 inches shorter than me. It had rough skin and had a coat on. It had huge eyes! That part was so scary, but I still didn't scream because the Grendlers and Kobas have big eyes too. I don't know if it had hair or not. But it had pointy stuff sticking out that could've been the weapons, right?" True asks.

"That's right True," Devon tells her. "True," Yale says. "Is this what it could've been?" Yale asks as he starts showing pictures of wild swamp animals..

"Yale, why are you showing her these? The only way these animals could survive is if there's a swamp nearby," Devon says confused.

"That's right Devon. If it's something that I'm showing her that she can identify, then it's just possible-"

"That there's a swamp around which means we're getting even closer to New Pacifica!" Devon exclaims, cutting Yale off.

"Wait a minute," Magus says.
"What?" Adair and Danziger ask at the same time. "We have to find Alonzo and wake Julia up first." "Shit. We forgot all about that!" Devon exclaims. "Ok. Everybody grab one flare, one hand gun, and one magpro per group. Let's move," Devon says with the authoritative tone that says that she can take charge if she wants to. Unfortunately that tone is misread by others who think she's too bossy.

That's the way Danziger use to think of her, but his thoughts have changed. They had come to rely more and more on each other even before Devon was put into cold sleep.

Morgan still thinks she is bossy. Too bossy for her own good is what he told Bess before the ship crashed.

Devon hasn't forgotten Blaylock though. He was worse than her. Claiming to be her friend, yet he tried unsuccessfully to blow up the whole project that Devon worked on for 8 years to try and save her son and all the other children with the Syndrome.

Everybody has changed in some way or another. They've been through a lot together, Eden Advance. And now they must find Alonzo, and wake up Julia. And they must do it soon.


"I'm not the one with a problem." Hank chides. "Shut it." Alonzo comes over and joins them. "Alonzo?"
"Hey Querida." He smiles at her, then remembers the accident, and his expression grows stormy. "You must hate me now."

"I can never hate you."
"You got hurt because of me, one moment of carelessness and now I might lose you forever."

"What do you mean forever?" Julia asks. "We're on the dreamplane Julia, you've been unconscious for days." "She's not dreaming." Linda claims. "It's too real." "I'm dying?" Julia saddens.

Suddenly a voice is heard. It's Bess but no one can see her.

"Julia you have to wake up. Everything is a mess here, and now Alonzo's run off and we think he's in danger."

"Why did you leave camp?" Julia locks eyes with him.

Hank and Linda go inside so the lovers can have their privacy.

"Because what I did is unforgivable." He thinks back to the first few minutes after the accident and sees Julia get thrown from the vehicle and hit the boulder again. She slumps to the ground unconscious. He rushes to her side, fear and guilt overcoming him. "Julia." He checks her vitals and her injuries.

Moments later Devon is there by his side.

"Is she...?" Devon asks not wanting to hear the worst. "She's still alive barely." Alonzo numbly says.

Devon checks the head injury. There's a bad gash on Julia's left temple that is bleeding profusely. She rushes into action and grabs anything she can find for dressing and applies it to the wound. The others arrive. John takes one look at Julia and then strikes Alonzo with his right fist. Devon gets between them.

"John no!!" She seethes.
"Look what he did to her!!" John fumes. "Walman and Baines get the Med tent setup. Alonzo I need you to setup her equipment. You're the only one besides Julia who knows how to do it right. Devon I need you to run a full scan on her with her Diaglove. I'll translate the findings." Yale says.

They follow his orders. One hour later in the Medical tent. Yale finishes the translation.

"Yale?" Devon anxiously asks.
"She has several cuts and bruises but they will heal. It's her head I'm worried about." He solemnly says. "She sustained a severe concussion and." He hesitates.

"And what Yale?" Alonzo demands.
"Alonzo why don't you go get some rest." Yale says. "I'm not going anywhere." Alonzo says. "Ok." Yale says. "I'm going to have to operate. There's hemorrhaging and her skull is fractured."

"Whoa wait a minute. Yale you've never performed brain surgery before." Devon says.

John approaches Alonzo.

"I'm sorry man, I know you never wanted this to happen." John apologizes.

"Don't worry about it I had it coming." Alonzo says and goes to Julia's bedside.

"Devon it's her only chance." Yale convinces her.

"So why did you start going to fast?" Julia breaks into his thoughts. "I don't know what came over me. All I know is that I'm no good for you." Alonzo says.

"That's not true." Julia protests. "Julia you barely survived surgery and Yale said you might never recover. Devon can't even look me in the eye, and I know the rest of the group is angry with me. I just had to see you one last time before I go away." He kisses her and fades away.

"Alonzo!! Alonzo come back!! I don't want to live without you." She said through her tears.

Jeff had witnessed the whole scene and somehow had entered Alonzo's thoughts. He approaches Julia and attempts to comfort her.

"Come on let's go for a walk or something." He suggests. "I want to be alone." She walks away so he follows her. "What part of alone do you not understand?"

"He didn't mean it. He'll come back to you. He's just upset right now. I would be too if I were him." Jeff says comfortingly. "If the tables were turned and my sister was the one lying unconscious after an accident. I'd be inconsolable right now. I know it's not the same thing. You two love each other and that love is different."

"Yes it's very different." She begins to calm down. "So I hear you're engaged."

Jeff smiles thinking about Ginger. His first memory of her was when he was real young and she had come over to play with Linda. She and Linda had been best friends every since Jeff could remember. He always thought Ginger was a scatter brain and she always thought that he was an annoying brat who always tried to torment her and Linda. However, things changed at his brother's wedding reception back in the fall. Charlie Haileys wife Caroline had upset Ginger so Jeff had gotten her out of the living room and took her to his bedroom in the attic.

They ended up spending the night together and falling in love. A while later she thought she was pregnant with his baby so he proposed to her. The pregnancy was a false alarm but they stay engaged anyway.

"Have you met Ginger yet?" Jeff asks "No I haven't." She replies. "Do you love her?" "More than anything."
"That's how I feel about Alonzo."
"Jeff, Julia, get in here and eat, breakfast is getting cold!!' Anne yells after them.
"We'll be right there mom!!" Jeff hollers back. Anne goes back inside.

Later after breakfast Anne's doing laundry in the basement, and Jeff is helping her.

"What's on your mind?"
"I was able to enter Alonzo's thoughts when he was here, and I saw the accident and everything."

"And?" Anne inquires.
"When I saw her lying unconscious. All I could think about was Linda. She looks so much like her." Jeff says somberly. "It was pretty scary."

"Honey, I can imagine it was, but don't dwell on it. Linda is fine." "Yeah but back in her own time. Julia isn't. We have to get her back there somehow before she dies." Jeff continues. "From what I saw there are a lot of people on G889 that care about her."

Anne sighs

"But how? We don't have a time travel machine." "She has to wake up is all. I don't know how this is happening but this is just a dream of hers. Why it feels so real to us is beyond me." Jeff answers.

Currently in the kitchen. Julia's trying to get her mind off the latest turn of events.

"So you see if an EPA is started now? Maybe the planet can be saved." She says.

"Yeah but if this is done won't it change your future?" Hank inquires. "That's a risk I'm willing to take." "And what about Alonzo? What if you two never meet?" Sarah says. "It's a dream anyway, even though it doesn't feel like one, so it doesn't matter." Linda says realistically.

"It does matter, you can make a big difference in the lives of millions." Julia pleads.

Al walks into the kitchen. Hank glares at him.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Hank says flatly. "Nice to see you too, where's your mother?" "She's in the basement." Linda says. "You must be Julia. I'm Al Kahn." He offers his hand to her she shakes it. "So what are all of you talking about?" Al asks as he lights a cigarette.

Julia is suddenly alarmed about this. She grabs his cigarette away and puts it out.

"Do you have any idea how bad those things are for you? Not to mention the danger to the rest of us." Julia rambles on about cancer, empyhsema, heart disease and second hand smoke hazards.

"Ok," Al looks at her strangely unnerved by her outburst. Anne finishes the laundry and then goes out for a night on the town with Al.


Currently on G889. Devon, Morgan, and Danziger come across the creature True was talking about. It looks at them curiously and then motions them to come with him to a cavern. Sensing their fear and hesitation the creature gives them the missing weapons back. They finally follow the creature to the cave and find Alonzo.

"I thought I told you not to come after me." He says bitterly. "Alonzo, you can't run like this. You have to face what you did." Danziger says.

"I can't face what I did!! I killed Julia!!" He says sadly "No you didn't. She's still alive Alonzo." Devon says. "For how long?" Tears form in Alonzo's eyes. "Alonzo, we haven't been able to bring her around. Why haven't you tried talking to her?" Morgan asks. "If you really love her as much as you claim."

"She's much better off without me." "No she's not." Devon says.
"So Devon how do you feel about what happened? I hurt Julia, she might die." Alonzo questions. She turns away from him. "I thought so, you hate me, everyone hates me."

"I don't hate you. I just want to know what the hell you were thinking that day. You knew the risks, yet you took it anyway." Devon seethes.

"I'm sorry Devon, if I could take it back I would, believe me." He says guiltily.

"I know." She finally forgives him, so does Danziger and Morgan. Devon contacts camp and tells them that they are on their way back.

Conclusion

Later that night back at camp in the Med. tent. Devon enters and immediately notices that there has been no change in Julia's condition. Her eyes meet with Bess and she sees the fear there the same fear that she's feeling. She goes over to her and sits down.

"She's going to be all right." Devon states with conviction. "Yeah, and we're going to find Alonzo and live happily ever after." Bess bitterly replies. "What the hell was he thinking risking her life like that?"

"Apparently I wasn't thinking." Alonzo says as he enters the tent. "I'm glad your ok." Bess says as she hugs him. "But I'm still mad at you." She leaves the tent, so does Devon. Alonzo sits down in the chair by Julia's bedside. He takes her right hand in his.

"Come back to me Querida please I can't make it without you I love you more than anything." He kisses her.

Currently in the Metcalf kitchen. Julia is showing Hank how to use the VR headset when suddenly she hears a distant voice pleading for her to return. She recognizes the voice immediately.

"Alonzo?" Julia says.

Linda turns around to look at Julia and witnesses her fade away.

"Julia!!" She heads toward the chair she was sitting in. Anne stops her.

"It's ok honey, she's back home now."

Moments later in the Med. tent. Julia's eyes start fluttering open. Alonzo sighs a heavy sigh of relief.

"Come on honey wake up you can do it." He encourages.

Her eyes open fully and she gazes at him and smiles.

"I love you flyboy."
"I love you too." His eyes fill with tears of joy as he gathers her into his arms and holds her for a while. "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

"I forgive you, when are you going to forgive yourself?" She kisses him.


The next morning in the Med-tent. After Yale finishes examining her.

"Well?" Devon inquires.
"She still isn't up to traveling, so we'll be here for another week. Otherwise she's going to be fine." Yale says.

Devon sighs in relief and hugs Julia.

"Ok, now will you please stop riding on the top railing of that thing." Devon pleads.

"Ok, I'll stop I promise, and I don't think Alonzo is going to be speeding again anytime soon."

"You got that right." Alonzo smiles at Julia, and she returns the smile.

Voice of Julia: It's wonderful to be back with my friends again despite this annoying headache. However, I can't get River Run, Ohio out of my mind. Especially one family out of my mind. Turns out they are my ancestors. Linda Metcalf was married in 1950 to Jason Cavanaugh. They had four children. Their youngest daughter Cassie married Mark Heller in 1980 and they had three children. One of them James Heller didn't turn out so well. In short he started this organization called the Council... There is so much I wanted to warn Linda about, but I didn't have the time. She did try to get an EPA established but she failed on all accounts. Now that I'm back in Alonzo's arms again I don't plan to leave them anytime soon. I know he still feels guilty about what he did, and I was angry at him for a while but we will get through this. There is one thing I've discovered. The love that Alonzo and I share can get us though anything...

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.