LEGENDS - Notes
By
Nicole Mayer


Timeline: Years after
Author's E-Mail: destiny@bluesky.net.au or destiny@wwdg.com.


Some starting scennes:

Personal Diary Entry, Gillian Brody. 2382.

"Today Dad broke the news. We're leaving the space stations. We're going to planet G889! Mom got a fantastic job offer there that she doesn't want to pass up, and Dad has realised that it's not healthy for us to stay here all of our lives. Sure, Lukas and I have visited the sanctuaries on Earth often enough, but I'm positive that a few square kilometres of rehabilitated forest are nothing compared to a planet.

So we're leaving the stations far behind. I'm a little scared, but also intrigued. G889 - I can't believe I'm really going to live there. The place of mysteries and dreams, the first world where humanity really began to embrace and understand our place in the universe.

I'm strangely excited and I can't help but wonder if I'll find answers there. There's a feeling deep inside me, almost as if I know that I'll discover something I didn't even know I was missing.

Perhaps it's been G889 that I dream of every so often. Perhaps I was destined to go there - it's almost like a haunting when I stop and think of it, as if someone needed me there to help....

Or maybe I'm being overly melodramatic again. Dreams don't really have any borders on reality - how can they possibly affect the outcome of my life? Maybe when I get to G889, I'll find out.

G889. Such an empty name. Where is the spirit, the wonder? For a planet with so many strange stories surrounding it, G889 remains catalogued in the most boring of fashions. I wonder if its residents have a name for it.

I'm so excited, there are so many new things to look forward to and mysteries to unlock. G889, I'm coming. Soon, I'll be there. Soon!"


Musings of Jessie Solace. 2382.

She's coming. I can feel it. The Terrians did not tell me in so many words but the dreams are getting stronger and I know a change is on the wind. For so many years, I've dreamed of strange things. A promise of the future to come; I've seen flashes of frightening images and always wondered what they meant. I know that *she* is supposed to have an important impact on the Dreamplane. It has been suggested that *she* will quell the sadness if only we join forces in the right way.

I can't quite imagine the Dreamplane without that faint sense of longing and loss - it's been there as long as I can remember. I believe it is part of a tragic tale that has been hidden from all of us. A tale that will soon unfold. I have forseen it in a way only Dreamers can.

Yet I also know that the Terrians have kept a part of the story hidden from me. There's a darkness that I can't reach deep inside my mind, almost as if a part of me is missing. And I have absolutely no idea what it could be.

Nonetheless, I am content. My life so far has been peaceful, a colourful cacophony of the Dreamplane mixed with the living world, wonderful friends and family, a happy life.

Now I know that is about to change. For *she*, the one we've dreamed of for years, is finally coming.


Legend : Collection of lives of saints or similar stories

Legend : A member of Eden Advance who gave their life for the future of G889.

-Gillian Brody, Old-Earth Calender 2384

"Let the tale begin...."


The LEGENDS Trilogy : Notes and Acknowledgments.

With the posting of this trilogy, I decided to forgo the traditional notes and explanations at the beginning and try something different. And now that it's all over, allow me to share my "author's notes" which I enjoy writing so much! :)

First of all, let me say that LEGENDS was the first E2 fanfic I thought of, way back in 1995. Parts 1&2 were written in 1996, part 3 completed in 1997, but I never got around to editing it until just recently.

So even though it's old, I hope you enjoyed it...something from my beginnings as a serious FF author.

My favourite part of the trilogy is most definitely Part II - "Legends of Love". For me, part III never quite came together despite the endless struggles to rewrite it and actually shape it into something decent. I wouldn't have posted it at all except many people wanted closure.

So please don't cringe too much through the overly melodramatic scenes, and remember that these ideas were conceived before I became an "experienced" (haha) author!

On the other hand, if you liked/loved/hated/felt any emotion connected to the story, I would adore any feedback you might have.


Legends I - Legends of Loss:

Originally edited by Cheryl Howie, whom I thank very much.

The version recently posted *has* changed from the 1996 original but not significantly.

Legends II - Legends of Love:

This was written during the summer of 1996 - I would contemplate the story on those long hot days while rollerblading up and down Devon Street. (Yes, the street was a great inspiration!)

Firstly, thank you to the incredible Wendy Howell who saw the first version of this part. Her feedback was so thorough and detailed, her suggestions that were later incorporated into the story made, IMO, great additions to the story.

Thank you Cheryl Howie who edited parts of it (and picked up some glaring discrepancies I'd completely missed!)

Legends III - Legends of Life:

You may be wondering why it has been dedicated to Princess Diana. Let me tell you a story....

Like it or not, her death was a world-stopping event. For weeks afterward, it seemed that everyone was asking, "Where were you when you heard the news?" I, literally, was working on "Legends of Life" when I heard the news on the television in the background.

My initial disbelief as I watched the news report soon gave way to shock and sadness as I returned to writing, and some of that emotion has been incorporated into the story. Thus...the dedication.

Literally, a "cast of thousands" (well, hundreds, maybe, or four or five!) read this part and offered their opinions. I had trouble writing part III, mainly because I was out of ideas(!) so thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions. Even though I didn't use many of them, I appreciated them very much.

I must especially thank Andy Rozman who figured out an incredibly detailed timeline and showed me the discrepancies (which I have hopefully fixed!) He offered me pages of recommendations!

Extra special thanks to Robin Carter, too, who offered insightful suggestions which I both acknowledge and appreciate.

And finally, thank you to everyone who managed to read this whole story and send me feedback (especially MC!). You are all wonderful!

Disclaimer (which should have gone at the beginning):

The characters and situations contained within the "Legends" trilogy are the property of Universal/Amblin Entertainment. No copyright infringement is intended.

The "Legends" story is copyright 1996 Nicole Mayer.


Keeper of Soulmates - The Relationshippers' Guide
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/8356/

Edenite, Jedi Knight, Trekkie, X-Phile, B5-er and 'Shipper Extraordinaire
(Frequent Dwarfer, S:AAB fan and Slider too....)




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.