SECOND TIME AROUND
By
Paige Daro


Timeline: Years after
Author's E-Mail: ASJRLover@aol.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Hi guys...well here's the story I've been promising. This story is about what might have happened if Alonzo had not gone back for Julia after the group left her. It's taken me forever to write and I'm still not happy with some parts, but oh well.... enjoy and please let me know what you think.

P.S.: This was send personaly to me.


Second Time Around, Part 1
by Paige Daro

There was a moment of reluctance, he hated to admit it to himself, but it was true. Yes, Alonzo Solace, renounced fly-boy was nervous, scared really. "Ah, to hell with this. It's only Julia." He muttered to himself. Taking a deep breath, he stepped through the wooded arch and entered the Utopia colony. It was relatively new, so it was still only slightly populated. You wouldn't have guessed that from the size of the medical building, large and spacious and full of technology knowing Julia, Alonzo thought.

He approached the wooded receptionist desk and stopped, flashing a smile that never failed to charm, he asked. "Do you have a Doctor Heller here?"

The woman smiled back, "Yes. Is Dr. Heller expecting you?" Alonzo shook his head "No, but we are old friends and I thought I'd surprise her." He smiled his charming smile again and winked seductively at the young woman in front of him. A woman that Julia had undoubtedly picked herself.

The woman frowned, but looking back up at Alonzo she sighed. "Well okay, just this once, but I'm not the one who let you in." Alonzo nodded his understanding and flashed another devilish handsome smile at the woman.

She smiled back. "Down the hall and to the right is her office. You can wait for her there."

"Thanks," he quickly moved away and down the hall. When he reached Julia's office, he felt an unexpected rush of anger. He quickly reined it in and pushed the door open and stepped into the room. The office was white and sterile and flooded with afternoon light, but it was also empty. Without much hesitation, he decided to check out the surroundings that Julia was now living in.

He made his way around the office until he came to her desk. It was as neat as Julia herself. Unable to resist he moved a stack of papers from the edge of the desk to the middle, that's when he noticed the pictures. Three pictures, two of children. One was of a girl with raven hair and warm chocolate eyes, the other of a boy with blond hair and blue eyes, with color of the sea after a turbulent storm. The third picture was of a woman and the children. The woman was Julia and the children were hers...and his, and at one time he had even dreamed that she would be his, ...his to love, his to cherish and his to be with until the end.

The anger returned in full force at that moment. Damn her and her secrets, damn her for not trusting him, and damn her for making him love her even after all these years and especially damn himself for leaving her. No, he could convince himself he had no other choice, until now. Well, he had to find her. He wasn't sure what he was going to say when he saw her. "Damn, where should I look first?"

"How about right here." A dry voice said from the doorway. He recognized the voice and it amazed him that even after five years, the cool collected, measured tone of Dr. Julia Heller could still make him feel like a school boy going through puberty.

"Julia," he breathed. She was still as beautiful as at the day they had left her. So beautiful that he ached inside to hold her.

"Very good. What are you doing here?" Julia replied tersely. There was something about her voice. Oh hell, it sounded like Devon talking to Uly. Yeah Julia was a mother all right. Devon sometimes said, it was hard to switch out of the mothering mode.

"I had no choice. I had to come," he stammered. His mind spinning through the past and preparing tales of what might have been.

"There's always a choice Alonzo." She replied tiredly. "You still haven't answered my question. Why are you here?"

"I'm here to see you," Alonzo replied. He couldn't believe it, but he was still nervous around this woman. He desperately went through all his practiced speeches, but nothing seemed right for the occasion, so he was left to wing it.

"Okay you've seen me. Good-bye," she said as if dismissing him. Alonzo felt anger stir in him, once again. How he wished he could see her eyes, but they were covered with sunglasses. "Julia, I've come a long way to see you."

Julia just shrugged her shoulders. She then reached up and pulled off her sunglasses. "I don't have time for this."

Seeing how cold her eyes were, only made him angry. He was the one wrong then and now. "Julia I came to talk to you and that's what we are going to do. Now for once tell me the truth. Tell me why I just found out I'm a father!"

He had expected her to beg his forgiveness, but never in his wildest dreams did he expect indifference. Julia shrugged her shoulders. "Never occurred to me."

His dark eyes widened in pure anger and he spat out several very nasty curses. After a moment he calmed down and looked at her. "I want to see them."

"No." She said simply, quietly.
Alonzo moved toward her and was about to reach for her when a small whirlwind ran between them. "Mummy, I'm going over to Jenny's okay?"

Julia barely nodded before the child was gone with a loud kiss. Alonzo had taken the brief moment to see his daughter. She was tiny and very pretty.

The moment the girl was gone, Julia walked into her office and quickly moved to her desk. To Alonzo's amusement she moved the papers, he had moved, back to their original spot. She continued to pretend he wasn't there, so he walked over to her and leaned up against the desk, blocking her light.

"That her?"
Julia sighed knowing he wouldn't leave. "Yes." There was pride in her voice, but also caution.

"What's her name?" he asked still in awe over seeing his daughter. "Hope." Julia replied, "I named her Hope." "I like that, what's the boy's name?" "Joshua, why?"
"Well since I didn't get a voice..." he started to say. "That was your doing!" Julia said heatedly, letting her anger have free reign.

"It was for the good of the group. We didn't think we could trust you." He said sadly looking down at his hands.

Julia couldn't say anything to that. She knew it was true. "Alonzo that was the past. Why are you here bringing this all up?"

"Because it's time to make up for past mistakes." He said sincerely looking at her with his deep chocolate eyes.

"Alonzo, leave it. You coming back here, now, won't change the fact that you guys played God and left me to fend for myself!" Julia said, feeling the lump in her throat, she always felt when she thought of waking up alone in the clearing.

Alonzo felt the shame of what he had done weigh heavy on him "Well you looked like you managed."

"I did only because I chose not to let the circumstances defeat me." Then looking him straight into his eyes said: "I chose to live without you."

"Julia, I..."
"Save it. What are you doing here? Why now, after five years are you here? I thought for sure you would be all tucked into a sleep tube on your way home..." Julia said, fidgeting with her silver thumb ring.

"I decided to stay. This planet became home to me. Besides, I was needed when we finally reached New Pacifica." Alonzo replied.

"Oh." Then looking at the pictures on her desk, she asked in a quiet voice, "How did you find out about the twins?"

"Funny thing actually," Alonzo said without humor. "The Elder came to me in a dream. He told me that my children would be very influential in the new era on this planet. Imagine my surprise. I did my best to tell him that he was wrong, but he was pretty insistent." Alonzo started to pace the room as Julia stayed still behind her desk watching him. "He told me that my line had continued on with the one we had left behind." He stopped pacing and looked at her.

"You. He told me that you were well as were my children. Then he told me where to find you. So here I am." Alonzo sank into a chair spent from the pacing.

"Yeah, here you are." Julia said sadly. "Well, I'm sorry you came all this way, but the children are mine. Now it's time for you to leave." She walked from her desk to open the door.

Alonzo jumped up from the chair and followed her to the door. "Leave again? I don't think so Julia. Look, they're mine too."

Julia sighed and tried another approach, "They don't even know you."

"They could, or do they have another father?" Alonzo asked suspiciously.

Julia felt a twinge of mischief play inside her and almost told Alonzo that there was another guy, but with him looking at her so intently it was impossible to lie. "No, they have only me."

Alonzo visibly relaxed "What do they know of me?" "Of you personally? Nothing. Of their father? They know he's a pilot and on a long, long mission." Julia said stressing the word long.

"Then there is no reason not to see them." Alonzo concluded. "No!" She said quickly, firmly.
Alonzo raised his eyebrow and frowned "I have rights as their father."

Julia couldn't believe what she heard and it let loose the gate that held all her emotions in check "Your rights?" She said angrily. "You have no rights you son of a bitch! You forfeited your rights when you left me, when I gave birth alone, when I've raised them the past five years. You have NO rights!"

Alonzo let her statement pass, he knew she had a right to be angry, so did he, but now wasn't the time, a big fight wasn't going to get him anywhere. She was too stubborn. He would have to play his hand very carefully. Maybe it was time to get a little rough.

"Danziger, Devon, Walman, and Baines, are all on their way here." He said and when her eyes widened he added "As sort of a back-up. So I guess we can do this easy between you and me, or get messy and involve others. What do you want, Doc?"

Julia shook her head "Sorry to disappoint you, but too much has happened, I'm no longer afraid of Devon Adair or Eden project. So my answer is still no."

Alonzo realized he was losing so he tried on, last thing. He tried his honest emotions. "Julia please."

The please was said so quietly and with so much emotion, that Julia couldn't ignore it, her whole body responded, most of all her heart did, she couldn't deny him. "Okay Alonzo, you can see them. But not today. I need to prepare them. Tomorrow."

Alonzo's smile lit up her office and he grabbed her in hug before she could stop him. "Thanks Doc." He then quickly kissed her on the check and let her go. "I'll see you tomorrow." Then he was gone, letting Julia feel numb and not exactly sure what had happened.


Second Time Around, Part 2
by Paige Daro

The sun had long gone down by the time Devon Adair and her three companions made their way to the fifteen room hotel on the far side of the Utopia colony. They went directly to Alonzo's room and didn't bother knocking. In fact, Danziger just pushed the door open and shouted "You deceit?"

That was met with a grunt. The first indication to the pilot's frustration was the green tipped dart that barely missed Devon's head on its way to the wall. The second was the open bottle of single malt whiskey by his left hand and no glass. Danziger smirked, while Devon just shook her head.

"Alonzo," Devon said with a smile. She crossed over and sat next to him on the bed, while Danziger stood near the doorway. Walman and Baines mutter something about being tired and left the three alone. "What's wrong? Didn't you find Julia?"

"Yeah, I found her." Alonzo sighed. "And she's as stubborn and as infuriating as usual."

"What happened?" Danziger asked noticing the pilot's agitated state. "Everything. Julia and I had words. But she did agree to let me see the twins, tomorrow." Alonzo said sipping the whiskey.

"Well, you didn't think it would be easy, did you?" Devon asked frowning at him as he drank.

Alonzo shook his dark head. "No, I guess not. By the way, I have a girl and a boy. I saw Hope, but I haven't seen the boy yet."

Danziger and Devon immediately congratulated him. Danziger apologized for forgetting the cigars and clapped him on the back. Devon hugged him, and he accepted it all like a proud papa.

After they all calmed down, Devon asked. "If you can see them then what's got you so upset?" Drinking was not one of Alonzo's things to do when he was upset, so it surprised her to see him doing it.

"Well, it does irritate me that I have to ask permission to see children that I should have seen their whole lives. Julia was so nonchalant about it. Plus, even though she agreed to let me see them it still makes me mad!" Alonzo growled, his face darkening as he remembered his encounter with the doctor. "And I'm not sure how I feel now that I see her again."

Devon nodded sympathetically. She, herself was not sure how she was going to react to seeing Julia. The last time she had seen her was the morning they had left. She had gone into Julia's tent alone, early that morning. She had no reason why and had only watched the doctor sleep before she left minutes later.

Somehow or another though it occurred to Devon, that all the anger was gone, replaced by a bittersweet pain and something that felt suspiciously like guilt. Guilt, over leaving, but especially guilt over not letting Alonzo go back for her. She often wondered why she had shot out the tire of his vehicle and had Yale sedate him until they were far enough and the group could convince him it was for the best, what they did. She didn't know the answers though. In any case, she was definitely ready to forgive and forget. Devon believed that time heals all wounds, and five years is long time.

The rest of the original Eden crew were of similar mind. Before they had left, Danziger and she had rounded everyone up and asked them their opinions about if the doctor returned. Most were ready to get on with their lives and let the past stay the past, and those who weren't would have to live with it.

"What are you going to do?" Devon asked quietly, looking him in the eyes.

"I don't know Dev. I'm really confused," Alonzo told her. "I love her, God help me, but I still do, even after all the time that past. And the kids, all I saw were pictures, but the way those faces affected me, I don't know."

Devon smiled and glanced at Danziger, who was just listening to them chatter. She knew exactly how easy a child or in this case children could effect you life and whole world. "Do you think Julia still cares for you?"

"Yes!" Alonzo said. "That part I am sure of." Devon knew better than to ask. It was a feeling that you carried in your heart, when you were in love with someone. The same feeling she carried for John. The same Alonzo must have carried over the last five years.

"Things went so fast today," Alonzo said tiredly. He could definitely feel the whiskey in his system, it was making him feel sluggish and sleepy.

A thought suddenly occurred to Danziger, "Hey Solace, what has Julia told the kids about you?" John didn't think Julia was a vindictive type to turn her children against their own father, but still they did leave her on her own in the middle of nowhere. That was sure to leave a lasting impression.

"Uh, just that I'm a pilot and away on a long mission," Alonzo mumbled, his head was sure becoming foggy.

Devon noticed that they were losing Alonzo and gave Danziger a look that told the older man it was time to leave. "Lonz?"

"Hm?"
"Does Julia know we are here?" Devon asked. She knew how protective a person could get if they thought themselves trapped, especially if they had children.

"Yeah, don't worry Dev, she said she's not scared of you anymore." Alonzo said as he drifted off into sleep.

Devon looked shocked at what he said, but pushed it out of her head. With Danziger's help they quickly removed Alonzo's boots and jacket and pulled the covers over him. Then they quietly left, locking the door on the way.

That night as Alonzo slept, he dreamed of Julia. He dreamed of the night when they made love, how he held her and touched her. Then he dreamed of the future, what he did every night, in the dark lonely room, where he slept and smiled thinking of Julia.

The sun was brightly shining, when Alonzo joined Devon and Danziger in front of the hotel the next morning. Walman and Baines had gone to speak to some of the town big-shots about trading supplies, the, uh, official reason for the trip to the colony. The wooden house the Doc lived in, was a stained oak structure with two stories and a white picket fence around the yard. They approached the doorstep with more than a slight feeling of unease. Both Devon and Danziger felt the guilt at what they did, like a pit in their stomachs, Alonzo for his part, couldn't be sure what he was feeling.

Alonzo knocked on the door with a firm knock. He frowned when no one answered and repeated the knock, this time a little louder. A voice from inside yelled, "Hey chill, I'm coming!" The door jerked open and a frowning, but handsome, tanned, blond hair boy stared back at them. He looked like male Julia, but with Alonzo's flawless dark skin, the little girl, earlier had had Julia's fair complexion.

"Hello." Alonzo said softly, bending down to his knees so he could look the boy in the eyes.

"May I help you?" The boy asked, intelligence sparkling in his blue eyes. Devon guessed Julia was home teaching the children.

Alonzo smiled at the politeness, but he could still hear the arrogance in the youth's voice. It reminded him of himself. "Yes, we need to talk to your mother. I'm Alonzo, and this is Devon and John. Is she here?"

"Yeah, she's here. I guess you're sick, huh?" The boy asked, moving to let them enter.

"No." Alonzo said softly. "We are old friends." "Okay."
"Hey!" A voice suddenly said from the stairs, "Why did you open the door. You know we're not supposed to, I'm telling! " A little girl with raven hair slided down the banister and stopping right in front of them. She glanced curiously at the people in her house, stopping to look at Alonzo, before turning to her brother. "You're gonna get it this time Josh."

Josh, for his part ignored his sister and rolled his eyes. "Give me a break Hope. Why do you always have to do the right thing?"

The three adults all grinned at his statement. He sounded so much like Alonzo, it was unreal and the little girl, despite her raven hair sounded to much like her mother. Julia and Alonzo were sure going to have their hands full, if they ever sorted out the mess they were in now.

Josh turned and stuck out his tongue at his sister and said. "I can do whatever I want, and you can't stop me, so there!"

"You're right she can't, young man, but I can!" Julia said with a cool voice from the stairway. Seeing a crowd in her hallway, she calmly walked down the stairs stopping to give both children a hug before meeting Alonzo's gaze. "Hello."

He smiled at her. "Good morning Doc." Julia sighed at the brightness of his smile and then leaned down to talk to the children. "Guys, I have some things I need to discuss with these people, so why don't you go play for a little while."

The children both nodded and after another hug, they were gone out the front door, Julia then turned to talk to people she, except for yesterdays visit, had not talked to in over five years. "Well you saw them."

Alonzo scowled. He should have known Julia wouldn't give in so easily. "I want to see more then a pass by, I want to meet them. They are my..."

"I know that Alonzo!" Julia broke in, "What's the point?" "I want them to know me."
"Not possible." Julia said and suddenly she was very tired. "Alonzo, I understand why you did what you did, but because you did it there is no going back. There is no redemption, no kiss and make-up. It's over. Now it's time to move on, for all of us."

"I can't do that. Forget for a moment that I want to be with them just because they are mine, remember that they are important for the future of the planet." Alonzo said patiently, even though his patience with the doctor was almost gone.

Julia laughed when he said this. "Don't count on it fly-boy. You're wasting your time. Josh and Hope are my children. I'm their mother and I'll decide if it is in their best interest to see you....and I decided it's not!"

As if on cue, the twins ran in cover with mud from head to toe. Hope ran quickly to her mother, while Josh glared at her from the doorway. "He started it mom!"

"Did not!" Josh yelled back indignantly. "Yes, you did!"
"Did not! Did Not!"
"Mummy, he pushed me into the mud!" Hope wailed "You were in my way, I couldn't land my plane." Josh replied with irritation "how can I be a pilot, like dad if I can't land?"

Julia had enough of the bickering. "Stop it both of you, this instant!" her voice and its tone instantly quieted both children Devon and Danziger smiled, they knew that voice very well. "Get upstairs, both of you and wash up." Both children nodded and slowly walked toward the stairs as if they were going to their execution.

The moment they were out of hearing Alonzo turned to Julia and said, "A pilot like his father, huh?"

Julia glared at him. "Yeah fly-boy, he wants to be just like you. Don't look so surprised, I'm not."

"Julia, you must realize that they need me as much as I need them." Alonzo said walking toward her he walked until there toes touched and reached out to grab her shoulders. "I need them."

Julia tried not to look at him but his eyes were hypnotic and she found herself agreeing "Okay fine."

"Really?" he asked hopefully.
"Really." Julia confirmed. She then turned and yelled up the stairs. "When you're done, come down here."

"Okay mom." The twins yelled down.
Once that was done Julia moved away from Alonzo to give herself some space, that's when she noticed Devon and Danziger... "Hello Devon, John."

"Hello Julia." Devon said quietly.
"Doc." Danziger nodded.
Julia looked at the former leader of the Eden project and instead of feeling anger, she felt sadness. Sadness over the loss of the friendship she and Devon had had. "Look, this is stupid for us to be awkward around each other, we are adults."

"I agree." Danziger said and Julia noticed that he was still a man of big presence and little words.

"Julia, I..." Devon began, but Julia finished it for her. "It's okay Devon, you did what was right for the group, I can't blame you for that."

"But did I do what was right for my friend?" Devon asked and at Julia's surprised look she said, "I was so sure I was right, I never thought about you and I'm sorry."

Julia pushed back the sudden lump in her throat and said "So am I Devon."

The two women gave each other a hug and both were almost near tears, when the twins bursted down the stairs, stopping any further conversation. The moment of truth had come, and as Julia looked at the faces of her's and Alonzo's children, she suddenly felt a great peace go through out her soul. She and Alonzo may not have worked out, but the children would have a father.


Second Time Around, Part 3 & End
by Paige Daro

Devon and Danziger went to check on how Walman and Baines were doing, leaving Alonzo and Julia to talk to the twins. Julia paced the room, making Alonzo sick. Finally she sat down and began to tell the children about their father. She of course, edited parts of the story that were unfit for five year olds. By the time she was done, the room was quiet. The twins seemed to be in shock. Just as Julia was getting the feeling this was a bad idea, Hope launched herself across the couch and into her father's stunned arms. Alonzo hugged the child close. Josh took a few minutes to consider what he wanted but in the end he to was in his father's arms. Julia looked at the three and felt a lump grow in her heart. How she wished thing could be different.

Alonzo saw the look in Julia's eyes and he knew the feelings she was experiencing. Except in his case, he wasn't closing the book on him and her just yet. Yes, there was lot of bad history, but there also was lot of good and now, there could be a good life, with the twins, if she just gave him a chance... and he was going to make sure that was exactly what she'll do, whether she wanted or not.

Later that night, Julia shut the door to the twin's bedroom softly and turned to face Devon Adair. She and Devon had somehow patched up their differences and it sounded weird but, Julia felt like they are better friends now, than they had been before her council ties had been aired. "They're finally asleep."

Devon gave a small laugh. "Uly used to take me forever to get down, you have a real knack for it."

Julia smiled, "How long are you guys staying?" they moved down the hall, to the stairs and down the stairs to the front room where Alonzo and Danziger were talking and playing cards.

"I don't know," Devon said and then frowned when she noticed that the men had stopped talking when they entered the room. "What's up?"

Danziger shrugged, but he and Alonzo exchanged a look that Devon did not miss. If there was anything she hated was not being told things, especially secrets.

Alonzo suddenly got up and walked over to them and facing Julia said, "Let's go for a walk," Julia was about to refuse, but changed her mind, a walk did sound good. "Devon, would you mind keeping an ear out for the twins?"

Devon nodded and Alonzo grabbed Julia's hand and lead her out of the door before she could protest. They walked around the colony for a few minutes, neither saying a word. Finally Alonzo couldn't take the silence anymore. "The twins took me being their father rather well."

Julia nodded her agreement. "Yes, I thought Hope was going to strangle you."

Alonzo laughed and rubbed his sore neck, "That kid does have a good grip. They're great kids, you've done a great job."

"Thanks." Julia mumered. "But,..."
"But, I want a turn." He said and when she narrowed her eyes he said "I want to have a turn with you and the kids. I want us to be real family."

"Alonzo," Julia sighed, "that's not possible." "Why not?"
"I'll show you." Julia said, grabbing his arm she pulled him forward so that he was following her at a swift rate. They walked outside of the Utopia gates and down a mossy path that lead into forest. Alonzo tried to stop, but she pulled him forward, and eventually he just let her lead him. They had been walking for about ten minutes, when Alonzo started recognizing the surroundings and he groaned out loud. He had never realized they were this close to where it all had begun.

A few minutes later the broke out of the tree coverage into a clearing, the same clearing the Eden colonists had left Dr. Julia Heller in five years ago. The tent was no longer there, but Alonzo could see it clearly in his mind's eye. He felt a coldness grip him around his heart. He had hoped never to see this damned place again for as long as he lived.

Julia did not stop dragging him until they stood in the exact position that her tent had stood on all those years ago. Finally she whirled around and faced him, saying "This is why."

Alonzo shook his head to get rid of the sad memories and focus on the present. "Julia, this is the past, we can still have a present."

Julia shook her head, "No, we can't." she said it with an eerie certainty. "Too much has happened, too much pain."

Alonzo dreaded this moment, because he knew they would know have to talk about that night and them leaving her. He could already tell she was on the verge of crying, hell he felt like crying too, but he knew if the had any chance at all, everything would have to come out in the open. They would have to face all the hurt and pain that had driven them apart.

Taking her hands in his he said the word he had wanted to say since that horrible morning, "Julia, I am so sorry. "

Julia started to cry and she didn't care that he saw. "Alonzo why, oh God, why?"

Alonzo shrugged his shoulders and then said sorrowfully "I was angry and so hurt that I couldn't think. "

"Because I was a traitor" Julia said, flinching even as she said the word.

"Partly, but I was the most hurt that you didn't remember us making love!" Hurt was now very evident in his voice and Julia wanted to take him in her arms, but at this moment she didn't dare.

Julia couldn't say anything, but she did try to pull her hands from his.

The moment he felt the movement he tightened his grip, "I'm over it though." He said passionately. "Now all I want is a chance to love you and those beautiful children."

Julia raised her tear-filled eyes and gazes up at Alonzo's face. "For five years I've wanted to hear those words."

He slowly cupped her face, "Then believe them. I love you Julia, so much. I've never stopped."

Julia started to cry harder and when Alonzo gathered her close she did not protest, only moved to get closer. She cried out all her pain and sorrow that she had carried around by herself for the last five years. He felt so good that time seemed to fade away as she let herself get lost in the fell of his solid arms around her. The comfort he offered started to mend her fragile soul.

"Julia, give me a second chance. Give us one." He pleaded softly into hair.

"I'm not strong enough." She protested. "Yes, you are." He said reassuringly. "Besides Devon, you are the strongest woman I know." He pulled her tighter against him.

Julia made a sound that sounded suspiciously like snort. "Not anymore."

"Look Julia," he said turning her to look at him. "You don't have to be strong alone anymore. I'm here. And I swear I'm never leaving you again. You are my family. You and the twins."

"But 'Lonz,..." Julia began, Alonzo put one finger to her lips to silence her and said, "Do you love me?"

"Yes...but..."
"Then forget everything but that. We can make it." Alonzo said confidently. "Say you love me."

"But..."
"Say it," he said with mock sterness. "Say it." Julia laughed and said, "I love you fly-boy." "Then it will all work out. I promise." He bent down and captured her mouth with his giving her a long lingering kiss that made her want more. He then picked her up in his strong arms and walked over to where there was grass and lowered her gently to the ground.

Julia, realizing where he was going, made only one protest. "What about the twins and Devon and Danziger?"

"They'll be fine." He said and his lips captured hers again in a kiss that was as heated as the rest of them. They made love several times before heading back to the colony, giving the clearing new, better memories and giving their hearts the chance it needed to be repaired. Everything was going to fine just as Alonzo had predicted.

Narrated by Julia Solace:

Today is the one year anniversary of our wedding. It's been a long, wonderful year. After the clearing I went back to New Pacifica with Alonzo and the others. We have made our home here. All the past hurts were gone, erased with new and brighter memories. The twins have recently turned six and with Uly and True's help they are realizing their role in the future of this planet.

Devon and Danziger eventually got married about six months ago and are expecting their first child together. Alonzo and I also look forward to the birth of our third child. Alonzo is the most excited, since he missed the twin's early years. Life on this planet has taught me that no matter what comes your way with the hand of fate, and no matter how you may mess up, there are always second chances. I have finally got my happily-everafter.

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.