I SIT AND LISTEN
By
Paula Sanders


Timeline: After "Brave New Pacifica" (Week 11-14)
Author's E-Mail: paula.sanders@shawnee.org


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
This story takes place during Alonzo's intoxication in the episode "Brave New Pacifica". It deals with what must have been going on in John's head while Alonzo carried on about Devon. You might notice that I took poetic license but as a writer I claim that as a right and to be perfectly reasonable.All standard copyright and licensing laws apply. ENJOY!


I Sit and Listen
copyright 1995
by Paula Sanders

Shut up, Alonzo. . . "There's another side to her". . . Whatever you say,pal. . . "A part she tries to keep hidden". . .You know you don't mean any of what you say. . . It's the spider bite talking. . . So, just give it a rest. . . "A woman who's all loving and giving". . . Yah, and stubborn and obstinate. . . "She needs to be held and caressed". . . Shut up, Alonzo! . . . You're embarrassing me and yourself. . . I don't want to think about her in that way. . . I can't! . . . Don't you know I wonder. . . She is so beautiful. . . "She needs to be held". . . No, forget it, John . . . Not by me. . . not now. . . I try to ignore it but sometimes I can't help wondering . . . It keeps me up at night,sometimes. . . Don't listen to him. . . Just ignore him. . . And sometimes. . .when she stands close. . . I wonder how she can smell so good in this uncivilized wilderness. . . "She's passionate" . . . I don't need to hear about it. . .Ignore him, John. . . "Fiery" . . . Yes . . . Don't you think I know all of this. . . I try so hard to ignore it. . . It has been so long and Devon has such fire in her . . . I can't ignore it. . . Elle had that same kind of fire, though no one can ever be like Elle . . . Devon aggravates me. . . Can be so infuriating. . . She did all this for her son, Uly. . . But she seems to forget that there are those of us here who never planned on setting foot on this planet. . . She takes off . . .Risking all of our lives because of her son. . . She never seems to think of the group. . . So, that responsibility lands of my shoulders. . . She said she relies on me and she hates to admit it. . . Well, me too. . . I rely on her. . . She will get us to New Pacifica in one piece. . . Her determination and devotion are what keeps us moving and what keeps us together. . . And New Pacific wouldn't be the same without Devon. . . "She's passionate". . . Alonzo, give it a rest! . . . I can't take this anymore. . . "She needs to be held and caressed". . .She would never . . . but I wish she would. . . Her hair. . . Her eyes. . . Her mouth . . . "Fiery" . . . Alonzo, if you don't shut up, I'm going to shut you up myself. . . No, John simmer down. . . "I just want to reach her". . .Alonzo,shut up! . . .Oh, what the hell, just let him have it.

-The End-


Any comment or feedback would be welcome. paula.sanders@shawnee.org

This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.