I TAKE THEE... NC-17
By
Rosa M. Moran


Timeline: At New Pacifica
Author's E-Mail: STSWNut@aol.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Hello Everyone!!
I am proud to announce my fourth story entitled "I Take Thee....". It takes place after they have reached New Pacifica. This story is a little different from my past stories. I normally like to write stories that involve some sort of adventure, suspense, or danger. This story contains none of those elements. It is a love story plain and simple, with a little bit of comic relief. I wasn't planning on writing a story so soon after my last story, but one day I was listening to a country music love song, and this story just hit me. The other day, I was reminded that Valentine's Day was coming up, and I thought this story would be perfect for Valentines. I had to rush to get it out in time, but I think it turned out pretty good anyway. This story contains the verses of a country music song entitled "Not Enough Hours In The Night" by Doug Supernaw. The story was written around the song, rather than the song being written around the story, and I'm hoping you'll like what I did.

Just two thank you's this time....... I would like to thank Maxine McBrinn. She came up with the name of the Bar and Grill I used in my story, and I thank her for the use of it. I would also like to thank the regulars at the Fan Fiction Workshop on AOL, for their information/advise on flat tires. One last item...... This story centers around Julia and Alonzo, and I would like to dedicate it to their fans.

Disclaimers: The verses to the song "Not Enough Hours In The Night" were written and belong to Aaron Barker, Kim Williams, and Ron Harbin, and are sung by Doug Supernaw on his new album. This song was borrowed without permission, with no intent to infringe on any copyright laws. All of the characters are the property of Amblin/Universal, and I'm just borrowing them for this story. No infringement on any copyright laws are intended.

Well, that's about it. Please feel free to comment on anything, good or bad. I will freely accept all suggestions or comments with an open mind.

Thank you and Enjoy!
Rosa
Email Address: STSWNut@aol.com

WARNING: This story contains an explicit love scene. For those of you that do not like to read this type of story, you might as well skip this one. *This* version of the story is rated NC-17. So if you are under 17 please do not read this without first getting your parents permission.


I Take Thee....
by Rosa M. Moran
Copyright February 1996

(Voice of Yale)

Today we celebrate a joyous occasion. As joyous as the day the colony ship arrived over a year ago. As joyous as the day Bess gave birth to the first child on this new world of ours. Today at noon, at The Blue Pacifica Bar and Grill, I have the honor of presiding over my second wedding on this grand new world of ours. Today, everyone is welcome to the wedding of Alonzo Solace to Dr. Julia Heller.


Alonzo walked hurriedly over to the Martin's house. He was looking for Julia. He needed to talk with her. He needed to make sure she was happy, that she still wanted this. He missed her last night. Their house was just too big and empty without Julia. He knew he would find her there, along with Devon and several other ladies. The Martin house was where the bride, and her maid of honor, would be preparing for the wedding. Alonzo was on his way to The Blue Pacifica where he was planning to prepare.

He walked up the porch steps and was met by two guards in the form of Ulysses Adair and True Danziger. At least they appeared like guards to Alonzo. They blocked his path, refusing him entry.

"Is there something we can do for you Alonzo?" Uly asked. "I need to see Julia for a moment."
"Sorry Alonzo, but we have strict orders not to allow you in here." True responded.
"Why?!" Alonzo cried out. "Look guys, I really need to talk with Julia" "Because it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, on her wedding day, especially in her wedding dress. Which she just happens to be trying on for some quick minor adjustments." Bess quickly stated as she stepped outside to see who the kids were talking to. "That's why Julia and Devon spent the night over at my house after the bridal shower last night"

Exasperated with Bess and her old fashioned traditions, Alonzo was about to walk away when he suddenly came up with an idea. "Wait a minute. What if I don't see her just talk to her?"

"Well I suppose that's alright, but how are........" "Have her come to the door, and I'll just talk through the door." Alonzo quickly interrupted.

Bess reluctantly agreed, then went back inside to get Julia. A few minutes later Julia came up to the door. "Alonzo?"

"Julia! God, it's good it hear your voice. I missed you last night." Alonzo grinned as he could almost imagine Julia grinning on the other side of the door.

"Alonzo...... was there a reason for this visit? We're really busy. Bess said you wanted to talk with me." Then in a whisper she said, "I missed you too."

Alonzo's grin widened at hearing that. "Well, I just wanted to make sure you were okay with this marriage thing."

She hesitated. *Could he be having second thoughts?* "You getting cold feet 'Lonz?"

"No!....... Well maybe a little. I just wanted to make sure this was what you wanted. This *is* a big step you know."

"It's what I want. Is it what you want?" She held her breath. He didn't answer right away. He stood there remembering everything that had happened in the past couple of years. The shock of losing his ship. The terror of dreaming with the Terrians for the first time. Julia had stood there by his side through it all. The sorrow then guilt of leaving Julia behind due to her betrayal. The sudden realization that he loved her. The agony he felt when he thought he'd lost her, first to the ZED in the cave, then to the creature in the lake. The happiness in his heart at finding her alive. The pure joy in her face when he told her he would stay on G889. His mind drifted to the day he asked Julia to marry him, two weeks ago..........

It had been a warm spring day at New Pacifica. Due to an unusual number of accidents, and a stubborn flu bug that was going around, Julia had been working overtime at the hospital, often spending her evenings on a cot there. Alonzo hadn't seen the love of his life for days, and he missed her terribly. He found himself wondering if they really needed her, or whether she was starting to get tired of him and just needed to spend some time away from him. He had noticed several men looking at her with longing in their eyes. Not that he was one for getting jealous, at least he thought he wasn't, but it bothered him none the less. It bothered him enough that he had been seriously thinking about making their relationship a little more permanent by marrying her. The only problem, other than cold feet, was that he didn't have a ring to offer her. So it was with both surprise and delight that Bess managed to produce a ring that she handed to Alonzo for Julia a few days ago. Apparently she had overheard his need while he was discussing it with Walman, Baines, and Danziger. Where she managed to scrounge up a ring, Alonzo had no idea, but as the old saying goes, why look a gift horse in the mouth. Now the only thing left was to swallow his fear of being tied down or turned down and just ask her. After another lonely night without her, and worrying about what she was doing and with whom she was doing it with, he decided to ask her today, and he was determined to make it a special event even if he had to drag her out of the hospital.

He purposefully walked through the doors of the hospital looking for Julia. He spotted her examining a young boy in one of the examining rooms, and waved to catch her attention. She wearily acknowledged his presence and motioned that she would be out in a minute. With a smile, he walked over to her office and decided to wait for her there. A couple of minutes later she walked in. Alonzo jumped to his feet thinking that he would at least get a good morning kiss, but Julia just walked by him and sat down behind her desk. She looked exhausted.

"So..... what brings you by? Are you okay?" Julia asked with concern. He walked around and sat on the corner of the desk looking down over her, then flashed one of his patented fly-boy smiles of his. "Do I have to have a reason to visit my lady?" He felt relief as he saw her relax a little and grin back at him.

"With you, there is always a reason for everything." She chuckled. "Well I suppose there is a reason." He leaned toward her and whispered, "I've missed you."

She melted at his words. "I've missed you too." She leaned up and gave him a quick kiss.

"You look tired."
"I am, but I think the worst is over. I'm looking forward to going home" "Great! That means I can take you out to dinner tonight." "Oh no Alonzo. I'm really too tired to go out. Lets just stay home and relax."

"Look you have to eat. Why don't I pick you up later and we'll stop off at The Blue Pacifica for some food, then go home." She didn't look to convinced. "Come on...... it'll be a nice change of pace."

"Okay, okay. We'll eat out." She got up and ushered him toward the door. "You better go now. I still have a lot to do. I'll see you later."

"See ya, Doc!" He leaned over and kissed her tenderly. "I love you." Then turned and walked out.

"I love you too, Alonzo." She whispered as she watched him walk away. Later that evening, just before sunset, he drove up in the Dune Rail to pick up Julia. He walked in and found her talking to a nice young doctor He couldn't remember the man's name, but could immediately tell that this guy was doing everything he could to get closer as they talked. He clinched his fists in anger, totally ready to jump all over the guy, but decided at the last moment that it wasn't worth it. Julia would only get angry with him for blowing up, and that would just ruin the whole evening. He wasn't about to do that. Nothing was going to ruin this evening. So he waited patiently until Julia was ready, then asked her if she was ready to go.

"Yeah...... go on and wait for me outside. I'll be out in a second." A few minutes later she walked out and spotted him sitting in the Dune Rail waiting for her.

"Why are we taking the Dune Rail? The Bar and Grill is walking distance from here."

He knew that she would ask, so he had already come up with an excuse for having the Rail. "Danziger wanted me to ride it and test it out. He just finished fixing a few kinks in it."

She had no reason to question him any further until she noticed that they not only were not going to The Blue Pacifica, they were heading out of town. "Where are we going? You told me that we'd eat at The Blue Pacifica then go home and relax."

He glanced at her with a sheepish grin on his face. "Yeah, I know. But there's been a little change in plans."

"Alonzo.........." From the tone of her voice, he could tell she was getting angry.

"Hey..... take it easy. Relax, will ya. We're going to eat, just not there." Before Julia had a chance to question him on where they were going, he came to a stop at the bottom of a ridge that overlooked the water about four kilometers outside of town. He then jumped out of the Dune Rail and pulled out a basket and a blanket from the back seat. He walked over to her side, reached for her hand and tugged her out of the Dune Rail. "Well don't just sit there. Come on." He could tell that she wasn't too enthusiastic about this, but he was determined to make this work. It wasn't often that he proposed to a woman.

They walked up to the top of the ridge. Alonzo spread out the blanket then sat down reaching up with his hand inviting her to sit with him. She stood there watching him with annoyance, determined to stay angry with him, but the look of love and caring she saw in his eyes melted her resolve. Taking his hand, she sat down beside him. The smile he graced her with at that moment was almost worth all of the trouble. Alonzo preceded to spread the food he brought out over the blanket, and they ate in silence. Julia was just too tired, and really had nothing to talk about. Alonzo was just content in watching Julia, which under normal circumstances was fine with Julia, but she had a feeling there was something he wanted to talk to her about. She saw fear and uncertainty in his eyes and wondered what could be causing that fear. She had been away from him for days. Was he getting tired of her? Was he just afraid at how she would react if he said good-bye? Was this picnic just a nice way of saying it's over? Now it was Julia that felt fear and uncertainty. She looked away, up toward the sky, suddenly not feeling too hungry. The sky was looking as gray and depressing as she suddenly felt.

Alonzo reached over and took her hand. "Julia..... we need to talk. I need to ask you something."

She prepared herself for the worst. She was determined to keep her emotions in check. "About what?"

Cupping her chin, Alonzo gently turned her head to look into her eyes. Then, having read up on old traditions, he sat up on one knee. "Julia... ... We've known each other now for a few years, and you know that I love you. That was one thing that weighed in my decision to stay."

"I know, Alonzo, and I love you too." She readied herself for the bad news she felt was coming. Why else would he go through all of this trouble.

He smiled and gently caressed her hand. "Julia....... I've been thinking about this for a while. But up until today, I just hadn't had the nerve to ask you....."

"Alonzo?........" Julia interrupted. "Shhhh......." He reached up and placed two fingers over her lips. "Please let me finish, because if I don't get it out now, I may never get up the nerve to try again." He paused and took a deep breath. "I wanted to ask you........"

At that moment a lightning bolt struck a group of tree no more than 100 meters from where they were sitting, causing them both to jump. They quickly jumped to their feet.

"Wow! That was close!" Julia cried out. "Maybe we better head back. It looks like the sky is going to open up any minute now." She quickly started picking up the blanket and the food.

"Julia wait a minute..... I really want to ask you something first." He took her hand and once again got down on one knee. Just as he was about to ask his question, it started to pour.

Julia quickly pulled her hand back, picked up the stuff and ran toward the Dune Rail. "Come on Alonzo!"

"Awww..... Shank!! I don't believe this!" He screamed as he scrambled to his feet and took off down the ridge toward the Dune Rail right on Julia's heels.

They quickly climbed into the Dune Rail which afforded them a small amount of protection because a tarp had been attached to the roof. Alonzo started the Rail and they headed back as fast as they could manage under these weather conditions.

Julia looked at Alonzo and could tell that he was upset. She actually felt a sense of relief. She wasn't sure she was prepared to hear what he had to say.

Alonzo glanced over at Julia, took a deep breath and decided to try again. "Julia.... this isn't really the way I wanted to do this, but I have to say this now, or I'll just go crazy." Julia held her breath. "Julia. ... will you......."

At that moment there was a loud popping noise like a handgun going off, and the Dune Rail spun around in a hundred and eighty degrees as Alonzo struggled to maintain control. They both let out a sigh of relief as the Dune Rail finally came to a sudden stop.

"What happened?" Julia asked.
"I'm almost afraid to look. I have a feeling I know what happened." He slowly climbed out of the Rail and crouched down by the front left tire. Sure enough, it was exactly what he thought it was...... they had a flat. He stood up, and kicked the Dune Rail with disgust. "Shank..... shank..... shank!!" He screamed, and with each word, he swiftly kicked the Rail.

Curious as to what had Alonzo so upset, Julia climbed out and frowned as she spotted the flat. She grabbed his arm. "Alonzo! Forget about it! Lets just replace the tire so we can get out of the rain."

Alonzo turned toward her with a sheepish grin on his face. "Uh Julia... .. now don't get mad, okay........ but we don't have a spare."

"What?! What do you mean *we don't have a spare*?!" "Well..... Danziger had taken it off for some reason or another, and when I came to borrow it, I told him not to bother putting it back. After all ll I was only going to be borrowing it for the night. I was planning on returning it first thing in the morning. How was I to know we'd get a flat."

Julia just stood there staring at him. She was angry. Angrier than she had been the day she walked out on him back when he had his broken leg and had told her that they must have left out the bedside manner chromosomes when they made her. Without saying a word she pushed by him and started walking back to town. She was afraid that if she said something now she would only end up regretting it later. She only hoped that Alonzo was smart enough to keep quiet and stay out of her way until she had time to cool off. He wasn't.

"Julia...... wait up. Where are you going?" That did it. She suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned around. Noticing the anger in her eyes, Alonzo suddenly regretted opening his mouth.

"*Where am I going?!!!* I'll tell you where I'm going..... I'm going * home* which is where we should have gone in the first place! But noooo.. ... you wanted to go out to *dinner*! So not wanting to disappoint you, even though I was and still am *exhausted*, I said okay, thinking we'd only be going to The Blue Pacifica. So I didn't even bother to bring any y gear so that we could call for someone to come pick us up. And somehow I get the feeling you didn't bring gear either. So now, not only am I stuck walking almost three kilometers home in the middle of a downpour, because *some idiot* didn't bother to make sure the spare tire was put on the vehicle, but with my luck I'm probably going to catch pneumonia from this little adventure of yours! And if I do, Solace, you are going to regret not having gone back to the stations! Does that answer your stupid question!!" She abruptly turned and continued walking down the trail, leaving Alonzo standing there dejectedly.

After spending a moment to digest Julia's angry words, he caught up to her and walked silently just a step behind her. He didn't want to make her any angrier than she already was, so he kept quiet. His proposal would just have to wait. It wasn't until they were a kilometer from their house that Alonzo finally had the nerve to say something. *God..... what a disaster this evening has been!* "I'm sorry Julia. I'm sorry for the mess this evening has been."

Julia heard his apology but she didn't turn around, nor did she say anything at first, she just kept walking, carefully watching her step. They were walking down a steep incline, and the path was getting very slippery "I'm sorry too Alonzo. I shouldn't have yelled at you. This wasn't your fault. I'm just tired and you just happened to be a convenient target."

Alonzo smiled for the first time since they started walking. *Finally.. .. things are starting to look up. Things couldn't possibly get any worse.* He was wrong. Unlike Julia, Alonzo was not watching his step. Before he had a chance to react to what was happening, his foot slipped. He landed on his back and began to slide down the hill, in the process knocking Julia off her feet. They both slid all the way to the bottom of the hill, coming to a stop in a large pool of mud. Alonzo slowly sat up, and looked at Julia and himself. They were both covered in mud from head to toe. Alonzo quietly watched as Julia slowly sat up, and braced himself for the waves of anger he knew would be coming. To his surprise and relief, Julia just sat there staring at him for a moment, then started to laugh. She was laughing so hard tears were falling, although you couldn't really tell with all of the mud and rain coming down her face. Her laugh was contagious, soon Alonzo was grinning from ear to ear, and laughing too. He crawled over to where she was sitting, and took her hand. Once the laughter had subsided, he got up on one knee, pulled out the ring that was thankfully still in his pocket, and asked her the question that had been burning in his heart all evening.

"Julia....... will you marry me?"
Julia's smile faded in shock. "What?" "I've been trying to ask you this all night. I tried to make it perfect but everything went wrong." He slipped the ring onto her finger, and was thankful it fit perfectly. "I'm sorry about all of the problems we've had. I only wanted to make this evening special. I love you Julia with all of my heart. I want to grow old with you. I want to have kids with you. I want us to be a family together. Please say you'll marry me."

Julia looked into his eyes, with tears in her own. He was giving her his heart. She could see it in his eyes. The love and desire she saw there was more than she had ever hoped to receive, more than she dreamed possible. "Yes.....," she whispered.

Alonzo wasn't sure he heard her right. "Did you say......" "I said *yes*.... I will marry you!" She threw her arms around his neck and held him tightly. "And this night was very special." She whispered in his ear.

Alonzo gently pulled out of her embrace to look into her eyes. He gave her one of his patented fly-boy grins of his. "Hey.... the night ain't over yet." He leaned into her and kissed her tenderly mud and all.

Julia eagerly returned his kiss, but she wanted so much more. She pulled away breathless and whispered, "Lets go home."

Without saying another word, Alonzo stood and helped her to her feet, then they took off hand in hand. In their hurry to get home, they covered the remaining distance in record time.

Alonzo just smiled at the recollection of that evening. He couldn't remember a day when he had felt so happy, so contented.

"Alonzo?...... You still there?"
Alonzo quickly snapped out of his daydream. "Yeah, I'm here." "You had me worried there for a minute. You are sure about this, right 'Lonz?"

"Julia..... I've never been more sure about anything in my life." He believed that with every fiber of his being. "I love you."

Julia was close to tears. She was so happy. "I love you too, 'Lonz." "I wish I could see you for just a minute." "Me too 'Lonz. But hang in there, you'll see me soon enough. The ceremony is only a few hours from now."

"Yeah I know....... but it's our wedding night that I'm really looking forward to. See you soon, querida." He replied with a grin, as he turned and headed toward The Blue Pacifica. He could almost imagine Julia blushing on the other side of the door.

As he walked along the path, his thoughts returned to the evening he asked Julia to marry him. He would never forget the feeling of pure happiness he felt that night, or the look of joy upon Julia's face. The passion and desire they shared that evening was still fresh in his memory.......

They ran up the front porch steps to their home laughing with joy and happiness. The fact that they were covered in mud and dripping wet did nothing to bring them down from the clouds they were walking on. Wanting to get clean for other more entertaining activities they had planned for that evening, they quickly entered.

"Why don't you go and wash up. I need to contact Danziger and tell him about the Rail. I'll be up in a minute."

"Okay..... but don't take too long, fly-boy." Julia whispered seductively. She suddenly gave Alonzo a kiss that left his head spinning, then headed upstairs.

By the time Alonzo finished his conversation with Danziger and entered their bedroom, Julia had already finished cleaning up. He found her sitting on their bed wrapped in a bathrobe smiling contentedly at the ring on her finger. She looked up as he entered.

"Alonzo..... where did you get this ring?" "Don't you like it?"
"Oh no..... I love it! I'm just surprised, and curious as to how you got it."

"Well you can thank Bess. She overheard me mentioning that I wanted a ring for when I asked you to marry me." Alonzo said to her as he entered the bathroom. "The next thing I know, she's handing me a ring. I haven't the slightest idea where she got it."

"I'll have to make sure and thank Bess the next time I see her." Julia whispered as she gazed lovingly back down at the ring on her finger.

Fifteen minutes later, Alonzo stepped out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. Spotting Julia standing in front of the mirror combing her hair, he walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?" Alonzo whispered in her ear.

"Just a little while ago you did, but why don't you remind me again." Julia replied, leaning back into his embrace. *God.... he smells so good!*

Alonzo tenderly turned her around to face him. "Why don't I just show y you."

Their lips met in an explosion of desire and passion that burned deep within their souls. She stabbed his tongue with hers, suckling, exploring. A wracking shudder rumbled through him, and he tightened his embrace. Her hands moved over his back, tracing muscles, sending shivers along his spine. Her hands slid down his sides, beneath the towel at his waist. The cloth untwisted and fell away.

His fingers fumbled at her waist, seeking the scrap of material holding her robe together, tugging without complete success. He watched as she gently pulled out of his embrace, stepped back, and unknotted the belt on her robe, letting it fall softly to the floor. Walking over to her, he lifted her in his strong arms, then carried her toward their bed. Kissing her lips softly, he laid her on the mattress, then gradually lowered himself on top of her.

Starting at her throat, he trailed fingers, lips and tongue over her body, wanting to taste and feel every inch of her body. His touch was like liquid fire on her body. Her body arched toward him as his lips descended upon her left breast. He gently suckled and teased the harden peak with his tongue while a hand came up to kneaded her other breast. Moments later his mouth descended on her other breast as he turned the same loving attention to it. He worked on her breasts until she was writhing beneath him with desire, and a moan escaped from deep within her throat. He trailed his kisses down her body to a point just below her navel, inhaling her scent, then continued his journey down the inside of one thigh. "You 're so beautiful." he whispered as his hand gently stroked the soft tangle of hair between her legs. His hand slipped further reaching for the point of moisture, as her body shivered with anticipation. He lowered his head and began to probe deep within her, thrusting with his fingers as his s warm tongue began to explore the slippery folds, tasting her muskiness, as he carried her to the highest peak.

Julia entangled her fingers within his hair, gently thrusting up to meet his mouth wanting more of the intense pleasure he was giving her. She gasped as he increased his efforts, tasting, suckling, thrusting, to bring her up over the edge. Moments later she cried out sharply and her thigh muscles convulsed, as an incredible wave of pleasure swept through her body.

Alonzo road out her orgasm, waiting for her to catch her breath before slowly moving up her body to meet her lips.

Julia reached for him, running her hands up his arms, over his broad shoulders, gently pulling him down over her. Her lips parted, and he slanted his mouth over hers, dipping his tongue into her sweet warmth. She shivered and moaned at the sensation of tasting herself on his lips. Slowly, she parted her thighs in silent invitation, an invitation he was all too willing and ready to accept.

Wanting nothing more than to be inside her, pleasuring her, he filled her in one quick smooth stroke. As he moved in a slow, easy rhythm, she let out a moan, her hips tilting to meet him, urging him further into her. Eager for more, aching for him, she put her hands on his buttocks and urged him on, lifting her legs to wrap them around his hips. She gave a hungry little cry when he increased his rhythm moving faster, seeking to hit deeper with each downward plunge. Faster and faster he slid into her as her eyes filled with tears of pleasure. Her hands clenched and her nails ls dug into his body as she rammed her hips up against him. He drove into her so deep and so hard that she screamed softly as her orgasm took her, drawing him deep inside her body where he met her release with his own.

They had not slept much that evening just small cat naps between love making. Alonzo had been surprised by Julia's endurance especially knowing how tired she was. It had been a long time since they last spent an entire evening making love. Sunlight began seeping through the windows much to Alonzo's dismay. He tightened his hold on Julia as she slept, wishing nothing more than to be able to steal an hour from the day, and prolong their night of bliss and love. Suddenly the words of a very old country song that he heard not long ago came to mind. It was such an appropriate song for the way he felt at that very moment. He turned slightly to look at Julia, replaying the events of the last few hours, as the words to the he song played over in his mind........

Sometimes I wish there were no window in this room
The sun comes pouring through those curtains
Way too soon
Reminding me it's time to rise and shine
But you look so good lying there
In that old t-shirt of mine

There's not enough hours in the night
Not enough time to hold you tight
How time flies when you're in love
We lay down and the sun comes up
I wish that I could set the clock
To moonlight saving time
Cause when it comes to loving you
There's not enough hours in the night

Alonzo began to run his hand down her body in a gentle caress. He nuzzled her hair taking in her intoxicating scent, wishing he could hold her like this forever.

They say two people just can't live on love alone
But girl, if we die trying, what a way to go
I think I'll call in and say I'm running late
Hang a blanket on the window
And steal an hour from the day

There's not enough hours in the night
Not enough time to hold you tight
How time flies when you're in love
We lay down and the sun comes up
I wish that I could set the clock
To moonlight saving time
Cause when it comes to loving you
There's not enough hours in the night

Julia slowly stirred as Alonzo began to explore her body more urgently. His body was ready and willing for more. He pressed himself against her so she could feel his eagerness. Her body began to respond to his gentle caresses. She opened her eyes to stare deep into his, seeing the desire and want she was feeling reflected in his own eyes. Leaning over her, he kissed her passionately, and for the next hour there were no more problems. There was no one else in the world but themselves and their love. He only wished he could have set the clock back, to capture another hour from the night.

I wish that I could set that clock
To moonlight savings time
Cause when it comes down to loving you
There's not enough hours in the night

"Alonzo?...... Hey Alonzo! Man are you alright. You look like you're a million miles away."

Alonzo quickly snapped back to reality, and watched as Baines jogged up to him. "Sorry Baines. I guess I just have a lot on my mind."

"Yeah, I bet you do. Well snap out of it buddy, you're getting married in about an hour and a half. You're not getting cold feet now are you?"

"Not a chance! I really want this Baines. I can't wait." Alonzo grinned. "Well come on. Your best man is looking for you. You need to start getting ready."

"Alright.... lets not keep Danziger waiting." They jogged the remaining distance to The Blue Pacifica. "Geez.... you'd think he were the one getting married."

"Yeah, well he kind of promised Julia that he'd make sure that you didn't leave her standing at the alter." Baines chuckled.

"There's not a snowballs chance in hell that'll happen." Alonzo said as they entered the Bar and Grill.

"Solace! It's about damn time you got here." Danziger bellowed. Alonzo looked around and noticed that the place had already been arranged for the wedding reception. The wedding itself would be held outside behind The Blue Pacifica, where chairs had been set up in rows with an aisle down the middle leading toward a podium surrounded by flowers under the shade of a small group of trees. "Sorry Danziger, but I had to make a quick uick stop before coming here."

Danziger's mood lightened up a little. "Yeah well you're here now." With a big grin on his face, he swatted him on the back. "Lets go.... we've got a wedding to get ready for." They headed for The Blue Pacifica's office in back to change.

An hour and a half later, Alonzo stood patiently by the podium waiting for his beautiful bride to walk down the aisle. The day couldn't have been more perfect, temperature and weather wise, if they had scripted it. The guests had all gathered and were sitting quietly in their chairs waiting for the ceremony to begin. A small group of colonists had brought musical instruments with them, and were now sitting off to the side waiting to start the wedding march when the signal was given. Danziger was quietly ly standing next to Alonzo. Yale was standing behind the podium waiting to perform the ceremony. Everyone and everything appeared to be ready and d in its' proper place. It was now a matter of waiting for the bride. They didn't have long to wait. Devon walked down the aisle to stand on the opposite side of the podium from where Alonzo was standing. She then nodded to the musicians. The signal had been given. The guests all stood and turned toward the back of the aisle, as the wedding march began. Alonzo's heart leapt at the sight of Julia standing there. She wore a beautiful handmade white dress. The dress had no train, nor did she wear a vail. It was just a simple ankle length dress with long sleeves made of lace. Her hair was pinned up in a French knot encircled with a baby breath wreath. As Alonzo watched her slowly walk down the aisle, all of his fears and apprehensions just melted away. Taking her hand as they stood before Yale, he felt only joy as his heart soared to new heights. They had ad both decided on a traditional wedding ceremony, so Yale had to search the historical records for the proper verses. As Alonzo stood there listening to what Yale was saying, preparing himself to repeat the words he knew were coming, he began to realize how different his life had turned out. He no longer dreamed of soaring through the heavens or of sleeping his life away. His dreams now centered around being a husband and one day a father. He glanced over at Julia and was rewarded with an electrifying smile. It was now time. Looking intently into Julia's eyes, he spoke the words that had been spoken decades before..... before marriage contracts ...... before people married for the sake of convenience and power, rather than love.

"I, Alonzo Solace, take thee, Julia Heller, to be my lawfully wedded wife......"

(Voice of Yale)

I'm happy to say that the marriage ceremony went well, much to everyone's delight. Julia made a beautiful bride, and Alonzo a handsome groom. As s I watch them now, I have little doubt that their love for each other is strong and will weather any storms. This will be a very strong and productive marriage. After all we've been through to get here. After all the dangers we've faced, and strange things we've encountered. It warms my heart to see everyone coming together as a community to celebrate all of the joys and triumph as we all build our lives on this brave new world.

The End........ Happy Valentines Day Everyone!




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.