HEY JEALOUSY
By
Shelley A. Rossel


Timeline: After "The Greatest Love Story Never Told" (Week 11-14)
Author's E-Mail: shelleyann@aol.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
This little scene takes place immediately after the "Greatest Love Story Never Told" ep. It picks up some slack at the camp left by the ep. It's based on my theories about certain aspects of Julia and Alonzo's relationship. It goes along with my earlier piece of FF ("No Sugar Tonight in My Coffee"). The title of this one is "Hey Jealousy". I couldn't help it. Just "Jealousy" wasn't enough and that trademark "Hey" of Alonzo's was calling. ;)


"Dreams are only dreams till you look them in the eye" - Trout Fishing in America

(Hey, this fits nicely with the scene, don't you think?) :)

Hey Jealousy

For someone who hadn't wanted to get involved, Julia certainly was quick to get jealous. It had been two days, and she was still miffed about Alonzo calling out for Devon in a dream. She knew why he had called for Devon and that it wasn't anything personal, but still. That didn't stop her from being jealous. It was the same thing when it came to Mary. Anytime Mary's name was mentioned, Julia stiffened and she put on this fake smile. And if Mary's name came from Alonzo's mouth, forget about it. She would be cold as ice. Alonzo didn't understand. Obviously it was Julia that he cared about. He was with her wasn't he? She was the one who didn't want it to be public knowledge - like it wasn't already. Well, Julia was still miffed, but that didn't keep Alonzo out of her tent. Alonzo could be very persuasive. Besides, it was dark and cold, and if they could be warmer in one cot than in two...

Julia stiffened initially at Alonzo's touch. She couldn't help it. She was still jealous, even though she knew better. Alonzo wasn't even remotely interested in Devon, or Mary, for that matter. But it was the dreaming that really got her. Devon and Mary had both touched Alonzo in a way that Julia couldn't. Alonzo's so-called dream button was turned off to everyone but the Terrians, and anyone they let use the dream planes. And Julia was included in that "everyone". That was what she was really jealous of - the dreaming. While Julia spent many nights with Alonzo in her dreams, she knew he didn't do the same. She tried to chase away this jealousy, so she could enjoy the time that Alonzo chose to spend with her alone. He had joined her on the cot and held her close. She felt his warm breath on her neck and her body relaxed. For now, the jealousy would retreat. It would certainly return, the next time Alonzo dreamt. But now, Julia was secure in the knowledge that Alonzo was hers alone and peacefully drifted off to sleep.

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.