NO SUGAR TONIGHT IN MY COFFEE
By
Shelley A. Rossel


Timeline: After "Moon Cross" (Day 61)
Author's E-Mail: shelleyann@aol.com


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
It's a short scene and could take place anywhere between "Moon Cross" and "Grendlers in the Myst". My favorite characters are Julia and Alonzo, so of course this is about them. Here goes.


NO SUGAR TONIGHT IN MY COFFEE

Julia carefully got up from the cot and dressed. She padded into the dome quietly and poured herself a cup of coffee. She backed up a step and stopped when she encountered Alonzo's hands on her hips. "Hey, I missed you." He leaned down to give Julia a small kiss on the neck. She wriggled uncomfortably and stepped away, seating herself on a nearby stool. Alonzo rolled his eyes at the gesture.

It was so unfair when he did this. Alonzo knew just how to push her buttons, and did it often. He knew she was uncomfortable with public displays of affection. Granted, there was no one in the dome with them, but that didn't mean no one would walk in. It just didn't have any place here. Julia was glad she had stepped away when Danziger suddenly walked in. "What are you two doing in here? I can't imagine it getting too cold in Julia's tent." Julia blushed deeply, nearly choking on her coffee. This was exactly what she was trying to avoid. "I'll be out of your way in a second," Danziger continued as he filled his thermos with coffee. Within a minute, he had left Julia and Alonzo alone once again. Julia finished her coffee and walked back to her tent, Alonzo trailing behind.

"Hey. I'm sorry if Danziger embarrassed you." Alonzo's apology fell on deaf ears as Julia climbed onto the cot and wrapped herself tightly in a blanket. She rolled to put her back to him. "Julia, I know this is hard for you. You're used to keeping your cool. We're all pretty much family now, though. The group is too small for people not to notice things."

She rolled back over to face Alonzo. "My family is not as open as this group is, Alonzo." He held up his hand to caress her face and apologized again. She opened up the blanket and he rejoined her on the cot. "Please don't do that to me again." Alonzo silenced her with a kiss and within moments they were both fast asleep, entwined in each other's arms.

-The End-




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.