ATTACK
By
Sabrina Sestito


Timeline: Time Unknown (Winter??)
Author's E-Mail: sestito@latcs1.cs.latrobe.edu.au


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Hello,

This is a short story which is once
again centred around ALonzo and Julia
(my favourites).

Please tell me know what you think.

WARNING : I hope that no-one is offended by one particular scene. Parents may want to read it before giving it to their
children.

Sabrina

P.S. I really miss Earth2


Attack (1/2)
by Sabrina Sestito

The Eden Advance group were still at the Winter Camp. The time pasted slowly in winter as the days were short and the nights were long. Most of the group were in the Biodome.
Alonzo Solace, the Eden Advance's pilot and Dr Julia Heller, the group's only medical doctor, were seated with Devon Adair, the group's leader and John Danziger, the group's resident mechanic and, in some respects, the co-leader of the group.

It was lunch-time and most of the group were eating. Suddenly, there were screams coming from outside. Everyone ran outside and saw that the camp was being attacked by several people. The people looked like penal colonists, but there was no time for speculation.

Devon grabbed her son, while Danziger grabbed his daughter. The others grabbed the closest weapons. Alonzo and Bess Martin grabbed a Magpro each, while Baines and Walman tried to fight the intruders with their bare hands.

Unfortunately the Eden group was greatly outnumbered. Devon saw that her group had no chance. She called for a cease fire.


The Eden group was put in the middle of their camp. The penal colonists, consisting of eleven males and eight females, surrounded them. "I am Kelly, the leader of this band of wimps", announced a short woman standing in front of the Eden Group.

"Why have you attacked us", demanded Devon.

Kelly went up to Devon and punched Devon in the face. Devon fell backwards, not expecting the blow. Danziger was about to start fighting but one of the penal colonist noticed this and threatened him with a gun. Danziger calmed down.

"Did I say that you could talk", said Kelly glaring at Devon. "You were not given permission to talk. So, shut up!"

Kelly went back to the front of the group and continued, "as I was saying I am the leader of this group. You will all be used for our enjoyment." The penal colonists all laughed. "Firstly, I want all the males on my right and all the females on my left."

None of the Eden group moved.

"So, you want to play rough, hey. OK, then, all the better." Kelly scanned the Eden group and her eyes settled on Alonzo. "Well, well, what do we have here", she said as she moved towards Alonzo. "My, my, aren't you a pretty boy!" she said to Alonzo.

Alonzo did not say one word.

Kelly looked lustfully at Alonzo. She said "Michaels, Smith, come and get pretty boy for me."

Two burly men came towards Alonzo. Alonzo tried to back off, but there was nowhere to go.

Suddenly Julia was in front of Alonzo. "What do you want with us?", she shouted.

The two men stopped their advancement. Kelly looked upset. She shouted, "You people are not good listeners are you." She stared at Julia and said "Now, you, who gave you permission to talk?"

"Look", Julia said. "I am a medical doctor. I can help you. Please leave the others alone."

Kelly looked thoughtfully at Julia. "So, you're a doctor. Excellent, we are definitely in need of a doctor. You will just have to join us." Kelly then moved towards Julia and said "You must care for these people a great deal in order to sacrifice yourself."

Julia looked defiantly at Kelly and said nothing.

Kelly continued saying, "But maybe, you simply don't want anything to happen to pretty boy." Kelly stared at Julia, looking for any reaction.

Julia was too strong for this sort of ribbing and no reaction was forth coming.

"Never mind", Kelly said. She turned around and said. "OK, people, I want you to put this little group of colonists into that structure". She pointed to the Biodome. "Tudor, Mason, take the pretty doctor here and Micheals, Smith, don't forget pretty boy."

The Eden group were shuffled into the Biodome. Julia and Alonzo were kept outside.


Both Alonzo and Julia were being held by two penal colonists, each. Kelly went up to them and said, "So, shall we have a party!!"

Neither Julia or Alonzo said a word.

Kelly was not used to people not responding to her. She slapped Julia across the face. Alonzo struggled to get free.

"Ah, ha", said Kelly, glaring at Alonzo. "You are concerned about her. Are you lovers?"

Neither Julia or Alonzo said a word.

"Come on now, tell me", pleaded Kelly.

Both Julia and Alonzo had the same though. They wanted to protect the other from this crazy band of penal colonists. Almost, on cue, both Alonzo and Julia, screamed "No." They then both looked at eachother and then stared straight ahead.

"Well, well, we have two lovers", Kelly said. The rest of the group laughed. "Oh, this will be fun", Kelly said as she looked from Alonzo to Julia and back again. Kelly looked lustfully at Alonzo, as she said, "a lot of fun." Kelly then ordered for Alonzo to be put into one tent, and Julia into another. Neither Julia or Alonzo looked at eachother as they were dragged into separate tents.


After a few moments, Kelly entered the tent where Alonzo was being held. "Hello, pretty boy", she said, as she went up close to him and gave him a kiss on the lips.

Alonzo struggled and tried to get away, but he could not. "What do you want?", he screamed.

"Now, don't be like that", Kelly said, fondling his hair. Alonzo grit his teeth and continued to struggle. "Keep still", she ordered.

"Get stuffed", Alonzo shouted.

Kelly walked away from him towards the entrance of the tent. She then turned around and went back to him. "We can do this either the hard way or the easy way. Its up to you."

Alonzo just glared at her.

"OK, boys", Kelly said to Michaels and Smith, "pretty boy wants to do this the hard way." She glared at Alonzo and said to the men, "Put him on the ground."

Alonzo struggled and just managed to release Michaels' grip. With his other arm he managed to punch Smith in the face. Smith, in shock, let go of Alonzo. However, Michaels had regained his composure and grabbed Alonzo again. Alonzo turned to him and starting punching him as well.

"Jones, Miles, get in here", Kelly screamed to two other penal colonists who were outside the tent.

All four then grabbed Alonzo. He was totally outnumbered. He was beaten into submission by Michaels, as the other three held him.

Finally, Kelly called a halt to the beating. "OK people", she ordered, "now put pretty boy on the ground."

A dazed Alonzo was forced to the ground. "Keep him still", Kelly ordered. The four penal colonists each grabbed one of Alonzo's limbs and held him steady.

Kelly then sat on top of Alonzo, keeping him pinned to the ground. "Don't worry, pretty boy, you will enjoy this", Kelly said to him. Alonzo tried to get loose but was unable to. The four penal colonists held him steady while Kelly repeatedly kissed him and touched him all over his body.

Alonzo grit his teeth and finally stopped struggling. It was no use!

After a few minutes, Kelly got up and glared down at Alonzo. "That was nice, pretty boy. But, we are short of time. We have to go. But, don't worry your pretty little head about it. Next time, we will have more time and believe me, we will really have a good time then." She looked lustfully at Alonzo. She then looked at the others and said "OK, Michaels, tie him up and put him in the vehicle. Its time to go."

Michaels dragged Alonzo off the ground.

Alonzo, although still dazed, managed to get free. He bolted towards the exit of the tent.

"Grab him before he gets out" yelled Kelly. The other penal colonists easily caught Alonzo just as he left the tent. He was dragged back inside. Kelly went up to Alonzo and said to him "You are mine, pretty boy. And don't you forget it." She punched him in the stomach. Alonzo doubled over in pain. Kelly then turned to the others and said "Now, put him in the vehicle. And this time, don't let go of him!." The others then half pushed and half carried Alonzo to the vehicle.


Meanwhile, Julia was being held in the other tent. She heard someone fighting in the distance. She thought that it had to be Alonzo. She tried to get up from the cot where she was being held. She wanted to help him, but she could not. The two penal colonists holding her would be budge.

After what seemed a long time, Kelly entered her tent.

"What have you done to Alonzo", Julia screamed at Kelly.

"Mm, Alonzo, is that pretty boy's name?", Kelly asked. She then went over to Julia and sat next to her on the cot. "Well, he and I just had some fun. He is really hot, you know! But of course, you already know that." Kelly glared at her.

Julia said nothing.

Kelly said, "oh well, no matter. Pretty boy is mine now and no-one is going to take him from me." Kelly then got up from the cot and went towards the exit of the tent. She then looked back at Julia and said, "By the way, I have decided that we don't need you. We could never trust you to not poison us or kill us on the operating table."

"What about Alonzo?" Julia cried.

"I have not finished with him yet. We will take him with us.'

"No", screamed Julia struggling to get up. "Leave him alone."

"Don't worry your pretty little head, Doctor, he will be in GOOD hands", Kelly laughed.

"No, no", screamed Julia. "Please, leave him alone."

Kelly ignored Julia as she left the tent.


Soon after, Julia was put into the Biodome with the others. A short while later, the penal colonists left, taking with them, all the group's rations, water, equipment, vehicles, and more importantly, Alonzo.

As Julia ran out of the Biodome, her last image was of the vehicle that Kelly was driving. Next to her was a bound Alonzo, looking back at her. Julia collapsed onto the ground.


Attack (2/2)
by Sabrina Sestito

Hello,

Here is part 2 of Attack. There is no warnings for this part.

Cheers!
Sabrina


The next day, the Eden Group organised search parties. They followed the track of the vehicles, until losing the tracks in thick snow. It had snowed overnight. Everyone was concerned about Alonzo. As expected, Julia was the hardest hit.

That night, the group was seated in the Biodome. Everyone had returned from their searching with no success. The mood was very somber.

Julia, who was seated next to Devon, was devastated. She whispered to Devon, "Devon, how will we find Alonzo? He could be miles away by now."

Devon looked sorrowfully at Julia as she said, "Don't worry, Julia, we will find him."

"But how", Julia cried, a little louder than she had hoped.

Most of the group turned their way. Devon looked Julia straight in the eyes and said, "we will find him, Julia, if it the last thing we do. Tomorrow, we will send out new search parties. The penal colonists could not have gotten far. The vehicles are not able to get through the mountains. You know that", Devon said forcefully. "We have been trying to find a pass through these mountains for many weeks. So, Alonzo can't be far away."

New hope appeared in Julia's eyes. Julia then asked, "but Devon, will he be alive?"

Devon did not know how to respond to that question. She simply leaned over and hugged Julia.


The next day, fortune was with the Eden Group. They discovered new tracks. The vehicles had back peddled in order to get off the mountains. However, as the Eden group knew, there was no pass through the mountains. The snow was too thick.

Danziger, Julia and Magus were in the group that found the tracks. They followed the tracks, and finally came across the penal colonists' camp. There was no sign of Alonzo, however. Julia, of course, wanted to rush in straight away to find him, but Danziger reasoned with her that they needed help. They reluctantly left the penal colonist's camp and returned to the Biodome.

By the time the threesome reached the Biodome, it was dark. Plans were made for attacking the penal colonists' camp, early next day. Everyone went to bed early, trying to get a good rest before tomorrow.

Julia could not sleep. She stayed up all night staring at the stars, thinking of Alonzo. God, how she loved him, she thought. He will be OK, she tried convincing herself.


At the crack of dawn next day, the group went over their plans once again. They realised that they had no chance against the whole group. Their main priority was to get Alonzo back. They also wanted to get the vehicles back.

Devon, Danziger and Julia's task was to find Alonzo. The Morgans' task was to get the ATV. Baines' task was to get the DuneRail, while Walman was to get the Transrover. Magus and Cameron were in charge of protecting the Eden group with the Magpros.

Devon, Danziger and Julia crept quietly into the camp. Most of the penal colonists were still asleep. Their security was non-existent. They peered through the tents, trying to find Alonzo. He was nowhere to be found. They finally found the tent where Kelly was sleeping in. She would know where Alonzo was, reasoned Devon. They quietly entered the tent.

In Kelly's tent, there were two cots. On one, Kelly lay sleeping. On the other was a person who was covered. Julia immediately went up to the other cot, thinking that it was Alonzo. Danziger stopped her, indicating that they needed to take care of Kelly first.

At that moment, Kelly awoke. Seeing the Eden people, she tried to grab her gun. However, Danziger and Devon were too quick for her. They grabbed her, and pulled her out of bed. Danziger covered Kelly's mouth, so that she could not alert the other penal colonists.

Julia then went up to the other cot. The figure on the cot had not moved. Julia's hand was trembling as she moved the blanket off the cot. "No", she cried. The figure was not Alonzo, but another young male, who was obviously dead. Julia ran to Kelly and screamed at her "Where is Alonzo?"

Danziger removed his hand from Kelly's mouth. However, Kelly simply looked at Julia and did not say one word. However, Kelly suddenly felt pain in her arm, as Danziger pushed her arm up her back. Kelly grasped in pain.

"OK, OK" Kelly said, "take it easy." Danziger stopped pushing the arm. "Pretty boy is dead!", Kelly announced.

Devon, Danziger and Julia stood dumbfounded. However, Julia was the first to recover. She went up to Kelly and started hitting her. Devon grabbed Julia and held her tight.

After regaining her composure, Kelly said, "Pretty boy just couldn't stand the pleasure I gave him. You know, he and I really connected" she smirked. "Anyway, yesterday, I got bored with him. He would not stop fighting me. I got sick of him so, I had him killed."

Julia could not believe her ears. She collapsed onto the ground. Devon, who was holding Julia, fell to the ground as well.

At that moment, the three vehicles started. The camp was shaken awake. However, Magus and Cameron made sure that none of the penal colonists left their tents. As soon, as any one of them stepped out of their tents, they were fired upon.

Devon said, "We have got to go." She got up, trying to get Julia up. Julia would not move. Devon then went up to Kelly and said to her, "You better keep away from us. If you or any of your group come anywhere near us, we will kill you. Do you understand?" Devon shouted at Kelly.

Kelly looked at Devon and saw the anger in her eyes. This was a woman to be reckoned with, she thought. Danziger then knocked Kelly out, grabbed Julia from the ground and carried her to the Dunerail. The group then piled unto the closest vehicles and headed back to the Biodome.


Upon returning to the camp, Julia went straight into her tent. She had not said one word on their return trip. The news of Alonzo's death spread quickly throughout the camp. No-one could believe it. That night, everyone noticed that Julia had not left her tent. Bess was tempted to go and get Julia, but Devon told Bess to give Julia some space.


The next morning, a memorial service was held for Alonzo. Julia exited her tent just before the ceremony had started. Her face was a mask. She was quiet throughout the service. Then, suddenly, she could not contain her grief. She cried out and collapsed to the ground. Devon and Bess, who were on either side of Julia, tried to comfort her. There are not a dry eye in the group. Many wept openly. Even Danziger, the normally controlled "tough man" could not control his tears.

After the ceremony, most went their own way. Devon and Bess tried to get Julia to eat something. She simply refused and went back into her tent. She was not seen for the rest of the day.


That night, Julia could not stand it any longer. Alonzo was dead. Her life was now over. She could not bear the thought of living her life without him. She wanted to die. She sneaked out of her tent, past Magus who was on guard duty.

Julia walked for a while, not knowing where she was going. She just needed to get away. After a while, she recognised the place where she and Alonzo had often come to, to be alone. She collapsed under a tree and could not stop crying. She then sat with her back to the tree and looked up at the night sky. "Alonzo" she cried. "Please come back to me."

Julia suddenly heard a noise. Who was there, she wondered. Could the penal colonists have come back. She listened intently, trying to hear any more sounds. In the distance, she heard some-one weakly call her name. It was Alonzo, she was sure of it. She ran towards the voice. "Alonzo, Alonzo, it that you" she shouted.

"Julia, help me", came the response.

Julia ran towards the voice. She saw a figure lying on the ground. She tentatively went up to the figure. "Alonzo?"

The figure looked up at her and said "Hey Doc."

Julia cried out in happiness and fell to the ground besides Alonzo. She grabbed him and put him onto her lap. "Are you OK?", she cried, with tears in her eyes.

Alonzo looked up at Julia. He was very weak and Julia could feel the fever in his body. He definitely had frost bite and was suffering hypothermia. But he was alive, thought Julia.

"Just rest, Alonzo. I will take care of you." Julia smiled down at him and she saw him relax. Alonzo grabbed her hand.

Julia quickly called camp, told Devon the good news, and asked her to bring the Dunerail to their location. Alonzo needed medical attention, urgently.

Soon after, Devon and Danziger arrived at their location. After Danziger and Julia put Alonzo into the Dunerail, Alonzo would not let go of Julia's hand. Julia settled into the back seat of the Dunerail with Alonzo.


After a couple of days, Alonzo was much better. A little after noon on the second day, Alonzo awoke. "Hey Doc", he said to Julia who was working with her back to him.

"Hey, fly boy. How are you feeling?", Julia asked as she went towards him.

"A lot better with you around", Alonzo replied. He grabbed Julia's hand. "I missed you."

Julia started to cry. "Oh Alonzo, I thought you were dead. Kelly told us that she had killed you."

"What!", cried Alonzo. "That bitch!!"

"It's OK Alonzo, what matters, is that you are alive", said Julia.

Alonzo then looked seriously at Julia. "Julia, I want to tell you what happened", cried Alonzo.

Julia waited.

"The day after we left you, we travelled all day, trying to find a pass through the mountains. As we know, there is none. Anyway, the penal colonists set up camp that night. Everyone was on edge and to relieve the pressure, most started drinking. I was left alone that night. The next day, the group once again tried to find a pass through the mountains. Once again, they failed. The penal colonists thought that I was to blame. They beat me up fairly badly. They also taunted me, saying that I would never see you again." Alonzo paused.

Julia gave him a quick kiss to reassure him.

Alonzo continued. "That night, they did not bother guarding me or tying me up. They thought that I was too weak to go anywhere. However, I did get away. I crawled away on my hands and knees. I wanted to come back to you."

"Its OK, Alonzo, please rest now", Julia said.

"Julia, I did not know where I was. I could not find you and I didn't know where the camp was. I walked aimlessly for two days, trying to find a familiar landmark." Alonzo paused again, the anguish showing clearly on his face. "On the night you found me, I was loosing hope. I did not believe that I would ever find you again. Then, I heard your cry." Alonzo looked at Julia lovingly. "I couldn't believe it."

"Oh Alonzo, I could not live without you."

"But, Julia, your cry saved me." Alonzo paused and then said " I could not live without you either. I had to come back to you. I love you so much that it hurts."

"I love you too Alonzo" Julia responded, bending down to kiss him.

Alonzo then moved over and Julia joined him on the cot. They held eachother tightly and refused to leave each other's side for the next two days!!

-The End-


Dr Sabrina Sestito
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer St., Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207, AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 9626 7271, Fax (03) 9646 7084




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.