CONTROL
By
Sabrina Sestito


Timeline: After "After the thaw" (Day 109)
Author's E-Mail: sestito@latcs1.cs.latrobe.edu.au


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Hello,
I have been enjoying the stories which have been posted to this list, immensely. There are some really excellent writers out there and I thank you all. Please keep up the GOOD work.

I am really missing Earth2.

Anyway, I decided to write my FIRST EVER fan fiction story. Due to its length it will come in two parts. Please tell me what you think!!

Thanks!
Sabrina

P.S. My favorite character is Alonzo.


Control
Part 1 of 2
by Sabrina Sestito

The Eden Advance Group was still at the Winter Camp. They had just encountered the frozen Terrian. The whole group now knew that the evil Terrian had taken over John Danziger's body and that Alonzo Solace had fought the Terrian on the Dreamplane. However, the night after the fight, strange noises could be heard in the distance. Everyone in camp could not help but think of the evil Terrian. That morning at breakfast, in the Biodome, the Eden Advance Group discussed the possibilities.

Alonzo, who sat next to Dr Julia Heller at the breakfast table, said "Maybe there is another evil Terrian spirit."

Julia looked at him sharply and said "Alonzo, you have no basis for that conclusion. The evil Terrian was destroyed on the Dreamplane. This must be something else."

"But Julia, how do you know?"

Julia looked into his dark eyes and said "Alonzo, of course I am not one hundred percent sure that it is not another evil Terrian. It is just that I think that we are jumping to conclusions."

Devon Adair, who was listening to their conversation said "Julia is right, Alonzo. We can not jump to any conclusions without some facts. Not all our problems have been due to evil Terrians. Now, let's try to think of another possibility." She remembered only too vividly the mistrust generated within the group from the evil Terrian. She did not want to go through that again.


After breakfast, Alonzo and Julia returned to their tent. Alonzo seemed upset and so, Julia said to him "Alonzo, what's wrong?"

Alonzo looked at her strangely before answering. He said angrily "Nothing Julia. Why must there be something wrong!"

Julia was surprised by his anger. "I am just concerned Alonzo. You know that."

"I know Julia, but sometimes you are a nag!", Alonzo retorted.

Julia was once again taken aback. "Err, OK Alonzo. Look, I have to check on Baines. He hurt his arm. I'll see you later." She started to walk off.

Alonzo roughly grabbed her arm and said angrily "What! You are going to check on Baines. Julia, are you sleeping with him?"

"What are you talking about Alonzo?", she responded angrily and tried to pull her arm away. "You are hurting my arm."

Alonzo took a few deep breaths and released her arm. He said "Look Julia, I'm sorry. I'm not sure what got into me. Please forgive me."

"OK, but please calm down. Now, I have to go." She walked away from him towards Baines' tent. What was that all about, she wondered. Maybe he was having a delayed reaction from the fight that he had on the Dreamplane. She would talk to Devon about it later.


The scouting trip of Alonzo, Danziger and Magus left camp soon after breakfast. Magus was driving the Dunerail with Danziger in the front passenger seat, while Alonzo was at the back. They were once again searching for food and for a pass that the Transrover could travel through the mountains.

After a couple of hours, they stopped for lunch. Danziger and Magus were talking together about some of their past experiences. Neither of them noticed Alonzo sneak off into the forest.

Alonzo felt angry. Why were Danziger and Magus ignoring him. Didn't they know how important he was, Alonzo thought. Alonzo was the one with the Terrian connection and he was the only one who could have saved Danziger. The group should have been more grateful, he though to himself. In particular, Danziger should be kissing his feet. Instead, he was being ignored. His anger overwhelmed him and he punched a tree. Alonzo did
not notice that he had broken his hand; there was no pain.


Alonzo returned to the Dunerail and found Danziger and Magus still absorbed in their conversation. He said "Hey, isn't it time that we got going!"

Danziger looked at him and said "Yo, Alonzo. Where did you go? were waiting for you to return."

"I was sitting in the Dunerail waiting for the two of you to finish your lunch!", he angrily retorted.

"Alonzo, what are you talking about. We called out your name and you did not answer."

"If you had called out, I would have answered. You didn't."

"Alonzo, are you calling me a liar!", Danziger said angrily as he approached the pilot.

Alonzo could feel his anger and was pleased. However, this was not the time for confrontation. Danziger could wait. He said, "Look, this was just a misunderstanding. Now, lets forget it and get going."

Danziger looked at him and said "OK." He called out to Magus who was still sitting by the fire. "Magus, lets go!"

Not another word was said for the rest of the trip. Alonzo was pleased.


At dinner that night, strange noises could once again be heard in the distance. Everyone was on edge. Alonzo was enjoying the tension in the air. He felt invigorated by it.

Walman and Baines were serving Dinner. The Morgans had just got their dinner and were seated next to Magus. Suddenly, there was a flash outside and everyone rushed out. Three Terrians had appeared in camp.

"Alonzo, where are you?", shouted Devon. "We need you to talk to the Terrians."

Everyone looked around trying to find Alonzo. Danziger found him in the Biodome, finishing off his dinner. "Alonzo", he said, "didn't you hear Devon calling you. There are Terrians in the camp and we need you to talk to them."

Alonzo just looked at Danziger but still continued eating his dinner. "I'm not in the mood to talk to them tonight."

Danziger looked unbelievably at Alonzo. He angrily pushed Alonzo's plate off the table and grabbed Alonzo by the collar. "You're not in the mood! What the hell are you talking about?"

"You heard me! I'm not in the mood to talk to the Terrians. Now, let go of me", he demanded.

Danziger did not move. He was totally confused by Alonzo's reaction.

"Now look here, Danziger", Alonzo said "I am the only one with the connection to the Terrians. You can not force me to talk with them if I don't want to. Now, let me go", he shouted.

After a few moments, Danziger let go of Alonzo. At that moment Julia came running into the Biodome and said "Alonzo, we need you to talk to the Terrians. Please come quickly."

"Of course Julia, I was just coming", Alonzo said. He left the Biodome with Julia, with a backward smirk at Danziger.

Danziger watched them leave and could not believe what had just happened. No one would believe him. Alonzo was always the first to volunteer for anything. He would mention this incident to Devon later. He quickly left the Biodome to see what the Terrians wanted.


By the time that Danziger reached the others, the Terrians had gone. Alonzo was just starting to talk to the group.

Alonzo said, "Well, it seems that we are intruding on their territory. They want us to leave the Biodome."

Everyone began to talk at once. Devon asked for quiet. She said "Alonzo, that is impossible. Our vehicles will not travel through the snow. And besides, why do the Terrians want the Biodome. They live underground."

Alonzo responded by saying "The Terrians feel that we are intruding upon their past because of our experience with the frozen Terrian."

"Did you explain to them, that we did not know about the evil Terrian until it was too late", Devon asked.

"Of course, I told them, Devon. I am not stupid", Alonzo responded angrily.

"Of course, you are not Alonzo", Devon said calmly. "Well, what do we do now. Do we leave or stay?"

Morgan Martin said, "I say we stay. We cannot travel to New Pacifica without the vehicles."

Devon agreed. "We can not leave the vehicles behind. We would not be able to carry the equipment with us." Everyone agreed. "OK then. We stay. We will deal with the Terrians when the time comes."

Everyone then dispersed to go their respective tents. No-one noticed the anger in Alonzo's eyes.


The next morning Magus found smashed equipment all over the camp. She had been on night duty but somehow had fallen asleep. At breakfast, everyone felt uneasy. Alonzo, who was sipping his coffee, was feeling good. The tension and worry of the group was exhilarating.

The scouting trip of Bess, Walman and Baines got into the Dunerail soon after breakfast. Bess tried to start the Dunerail; she could not. Upon closer inspection, she saw that the Dunerail had also been damaged.

A group meeting was held soon after. Even though no one could believe that the Terrians would deliberately sabotage their equipment, there was no other explanation. Everyone voted to leave the Winter Camp. They would have to leave the vehicles behind. They had no choice. Everyone was sad as they leave the Winter Camp with all the belongings they could carry. Alonzo had a large grin on his face.


That night, the Eden Group camped in a valley. Everyone was shivering from the cold. Only Alonzo seemed impervious to the cold; no-one noticed however. After dinner, Devon, Danziger, Yale, Julia and Alonzo were seated around the camp fire.

Devon said "I can't believe that the Terrians would damage our equipment. They have never shown any form of violence before."

Alonzo said "Well, Devon, the Terrians are complex beings. They were quite clear with their message. They wanted us out."

"But why?", said Danziger "They live underground. Why do they want the Biodome?"

"Maybe they consider the Biodome to be part of the Earth", speculated Yale.

"No, that can't be", Julia said. "They have made no claims to anything else above the ground."

"That is true, Julia", Alonzo said, "but you have to remember, that we have not travelled over the whole planet. Maybe there are other structures above the ground that the Terrians claim as their own."

Everyone considered Alonzo's words. "Maybe you are right, Alonzo", Devon said, "but that doesn't explain their violent reaction."

"Look Devon, wouldn't you be angry if someone took something which belonged to you", Alonzo asked angrily.

Everyone looked at Alonzo. "Of course, Alonzo, I would be angry", Devon retorted. "But I am human. They are not. They do not have the same feelings that we do."

"How do you know that, Devon", Alonzo screamed. "I am the one with the connection to the Terrians. You don't know shit!!"

Julia put a hand on Alonzo's arm. "Alonzo, calm down. No one is saying that you don't know about the Terrians. We are just trying to understand what is going on."

Alonzo looked at Julia and was just about to shout at her. Instead, he visibly calmed himself and said "Of course, you are right Julia. I must be more tired than I realised. I think I will go to bed." He got up to leave before anyone could say anything.

Danziger said, "Julia, what is wrong with Alonzo? He doesn't seem to be himself."

"I'm not sure", Julia responded. "I think it may be a delayed reaction to his fight on the Dreamplane. Time will tell."

On that note, everyone went to bed.


The next day, the group once again travelled through the snow. Tempers were becoming shorter and everyone was snapping at each other. Just before lunch, the group discovered a frozen lake in their path. Devon decided that the group needed to rest and so, she told the group that they would camp at the lake for the rest of the day.

Alonzo was disturbed by this. He said "Devon, maybe we should keep travelling until we find a better camping stop."

"No Alonzo, we need to rest now", Devon said. "Everyone, please make camp here."

Alonzo walked away, his anger making his face turn red.


Later that afternoon, Julia was at loose ends. There was nothing for her to do. She decided to spend some time with Alonzo. He had seemed so distracted lately and she wanted to make sure that he was OK.

After searching for a while, Julia saw Alonzo behind a large boulder. He seemed very agitated. She was just about to run to him, when she saw that he was punching the boulder. Blood was coming from his hand and yet he did not stop. She saw that he felt no pain. What was happening, she wondered. Luckily, she brought her medical kit with her. She called out to Alonzo, so that he knew she was coming.

Upon hearing Julia's voice, Alonzo stopped dead in his tracks. He pretended to be busy, picking up fire wood. "Julia, over here", he shouted.

Julia called out to him and joined him. She gave him a kiss. "Hey, fly-boy. Where have you been? I missed you."

"I was just collecting some firewood, Julia. Don't freak out."

"Alonzo, I am not freaking out. I just missed you," Julia said. She went to grab his hand, when she exclaimed "Alonzo, what happened to your hand? It is bleeding."

Alonzo looked down and saw for the first time that he was bleeding. "Err, I don't know. I'm sure that it is nothing. I don't feel any pain."

"Alonzo, you have several broken bones in your hand. You must be feeling pain", Julia calmly stated.

"Well, I don't", Alonzo screamed and pulled his hand away. "Now, leave me ALONE."

Julia stood dumbfounded. She said "OK Alonzo. Can I please at least put a bandage on your hand to stop the bleeding."

Alonzo was going to refuse, but instead shouted "OK, but be quick!"

As Alonzo was looking the other way, she quickly took out a sedaderm and injected Alonzo. Nothing happened. Alonzo turned angrily to her and said "What the hell are you doing?"

"Err nothing, Alonzo. You just don't seem to be yourself", she replied.

"I am fine. Now leave me alone." Alonzo roughly pushed Julia away.

"OK, Alonzo" Julia said.


Julia quickly ran back to camp and told the others what she had seen. She told them about his strange behaviour and how the sedaderm had no effect on him.

Danziger said, "I also think that Alonzo is not himself. In two recent situations he has behaved very strangely."

Devon agreed, "Yes, you are both correct. Alonzo has been on edge lately and has taken any comment towards him as insults. Julia, what do you think is causing this."

Julia looked at the others thoughtfully, a worried expression on her face. "I'm not sure. Initially, I thought that his strange behaviour might be due to a delayed reaction to his fight on the Dreamplane. But, now, I'm not so sure..."

"Could the evil Terrian have taken over Alonzo", Morgan interrupted. "Maybe Alonzo didn't kill the evil Terrian on the Dreamplane after all. We only have Alonzo's word that he killed the evil Terrian. Oh my God, what are we going to do?"

Everyone looked at Morgan and even though they didn't want to believe it, it was a reasonable conclusion.

Julia said, "Oh no. If that is true, how are we supposed to help him. None of us has any power on the Dreamplane and Uly is too young." The concern on her face was evident.

At that moment, Alonzo returned to camp. He saw everyone standing around and said, "Hey, what's going on?"

"Nothing, Alonzo", Devon said. "We were just complaining about the cold. OK, everyone, lets break it up."

Everyone quickly dispersed.

Only Julia remained with Alonzo. She said "Alonzo, its time for your medical. You are overdue."

"Julia, I had a medical four days ago. What are you talking about?"

"I discovered another virus on this planet which we need to be inoculated against", Julia lied. "Didn't I tell you?"

"No, you didn't", Alonzo cried. "Look, I can't be bothered with it now. I'll do it later." He stalked off towards the tent that he shared with Julia.

Julia quickly ran in the direction that John and Devon had gone. She said to them, "Look, I can't convince Alonzo to undergo a medical. I think that we have to sedate him, but as I said to you, the sedaderm didn't work. I need a couple of people to help me strap him down to the operating table."

Both Devon and John could see the pain in Julia's eyes as she discussed her proposal. She didn't want anything to hurt Alonzo but there was no alternative.

Devon said, "It will be OK, Julia. I'm sure that we will be able to help Alonzo. John, get a couple of people and follow me to Julia's tent. We need to get Alonzo." John left to round up some people. "Err, Julia, wait here until we call you."

"No, Devon I need to be there, I need to help him."

"No, Julia", Devon said firmly. "As you said the sedaderm didn't work and so now we need some brute force. We will be careful." She left Julia standing alone in the middle of the camp.


Control
Part 2 of 2
by Sabrina Sestito

Hello,

As promised, part 2 of Control follows. Please let me know what you think.

Everyone, PLEASE keep the stories coming.

Keep EARTH2 alive.

Cheers!

Sabrina


When Devon, Danziger, Baines and Magus entered the tent that Alonzo and Julia shared, they found Alonzo lying on the bed.

Alonzo quickly got up. "What do you want?", Alonzo screamed at them. "Julia is not here and I am trying to sleep."

"We need to talk to you, Alonzo", Devon said.

Alonzo looked at them suspiciously as they circled him. "Well, what do you want?"

Danziger said "Calm down Alonzo, we just want to talk to you."

"You are so full of shit, John. You don't know anything."

Alonzo could see them slowly moving towards him. "What do you want", he screamed as he looked wildly from one to the other, as they continued towards him. He then bolted towards Baines, who was the closest to the entrance of the tent. The others tried to grab him. Alonzo screamed, "leave me alone!!" He continued trying to leave the tent. Alonzo saw Julia in the distance, and cried out to her. "Julia, help me!!"

Julia started going towards him, but Bess grabbed her.

Cameron and Walman saw what was going on and they ran to the tent to help. It took all of them to hold Alonzo down. It seemed that Alonzo had the strength of ten people. Alonzo continued to scream and shout as they took him to the medtent and strapped him to the operating table. "Julia, help me", he cried. "Julia!!".

Julia, covered her ears and started to cry. Bess embraced her and said. "It's OK Julia, it will be OK."


After a while, Alonzo calmed down. Everyone, except Devon and Danziger, left him. They called to Julia and told her that Alonzo was ready.

Julia entered the medtent and saw Alonzo lying strapped to the table. Her heart went out to him. "Alonzo", she cried, "are you OK?"

"Julia, why did you let the others do this to me!! I hate you", he said angrily.

Alonzo's words cut deeply, but Julia knew that it was not Alonzo who was talking. She said to him, "Alonzo, we think that the evil Terrian has taken you over. You have not been yourself lately."

"What are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with me. It is you and the others that are crazy. Now, release me."

"Alonzo, calm back", Danziger said. "Julia needs to run a few tests on you and then we will sort out this mess."

Alonzo started to laugh. "Danziger, you don't know shit. You and Devon think that you know everything. But in reality, you don't know anything. I have the connection with the Terrians. I have the power here on this planet."

The others just looked at him dumbfounded. Devon said, "maybe we should leave Alonzo alone for awhile. Give him time to calm down." As she and Danziger starting to leave, Devon noticed that Julia hadn't moved. She said "Julia, lets go."

"Devon, I can't leave him."

Devon went up to Julia and said, "Julia, we need to discuss our next plan of action. You will be able to come back soon."

"OK", Julia said as she started towards the exit of the tent.

"Julia, don't leave me", Alonzo cried, " I love you..."

Julia did not look back as she left with others. She heard Alonzo screaming "Julia, if you leave me, I will hate you forever."


The group were all waiting outside the medtent. Morgan said, "What are we going to do. Oh, God, what if the evil Terrian leaves Alonzo and comes after one of us?"

Bess said to him "Morgan, honey, calm down. We will be OK."

"Bess is right", Devon said. "Now, the first thing to be done is for Julia to run some tests on Alonzo. Last time, we didn't get the chance because we didn't know that John was affected. Julia, what do think?"

Julia looked at Devon, with tears in her eyes. "OK Devon, I will do some tests and see whether we can do something medically. But I have my doubts. Alonzo had no reaction at all to the sedaderm."

"Well, lets see what happens", Devon said. "Now, everyone go back to what you were doing and let's let Julia do those tests."


Julia hesitated at the entrance to the medtent. She was so scared that she would lose Alonzo. No, she reassured herself. He would be OK. She entered the medtent and saw that Alonzo was sleeping. She started her tests.

Alonzo awoke after a few minutes, looked around and tried to get up. "Julia," Alonzo said calmly "what am I doing here and why am I tied to this bed? The last thing I remember is telling Devon to not shoot Danziger."

Julia came over to him and said "Alonzo, what are you saying?"

"I told Devon that the evil Terrian would not be destroyed by shooting Danziger. That is the last thing I remember. And now, I wake up and find myself tied up on this bed. What is going on?"

Julia looked at him with relief and said "Alonzo, you have been sick. We think that the evil Terrian had taken you over."

"Oh no", Alonzo cried.

"Its OK, Alonzo, you are now safe," Julia said. She bent down to him and gave him a quick kiss.

"Can you please let me up Julia. These ropes are hurting me."

Julia looked at him with fear in her eyes. "Alonzo, I'm not sure that you are fully recovered. You need to stay tied up for a little while longer until we are sure that you are OK."

Alonzo looked at her and said "but, Julia, I am fine. Please help me get up."

Julia wanted to believe him so much. She looked into his pleading eyes and could not resist him. She started to loosen the ropes.

At that moment, Bess entered the medtent. "Julia, what are you doing?", she screamed.

"Its OK, Bess. Alonzo is alright. The evil Terrian has left him."

"How do you know that, Julia?"

"Alonzo told me so. He said that the last thing he remembers is the Elder's cave."

"How do you know he is telling the truth?" Bess asked.

"Alonzo would never lie to me", Julia answered.

"Julia, that is not Alonzo", Bess firmly stated.

"Please leave me alone, Bess. I know what I am doing."

Alonzo glared at Bess and said "Julia knows what she is doing. She is the doctor here. Now, leave us alone!"

Julia looked at Alonzo and saw the anger in his eyes and realised that Bess was right. "Oh my God, Bess", she said, "you are right."

Alonzo screamed at her saying, "Julia, no, I am Alonzo. Please help me. Let me up."

As Julia and Bess left the medtent, they could hear Alonzo screaming. "I'll get you. I will get all of you."


After a short time, Julia returned to the medtent and did her tests. Alonzo kept trying to convince her that he was OK, but she ignored him. It was extremely hard, but the continuous interruptions by the other members of the group kept her on track.

Julia spent all night trying to find some way of medically treating Alonzo. Besides the electrical reading on the bioscan, she discovered nothing irregular in any tests that she ran. She was loosing hope at being able to help Alonzo. Her desperation began to make her vulnerable to his talking. Alonzo kept insisting that he was OK. She left the medtent early in the morning. She needed some peace and quiet. She waved to Cameron, who was on guard duty, as she left the camp and said to him, "I'll be back soon."


After an hour, Julia returned to camp with an idea. She needed to talk with the others. She found Devon, Danziger and Yale having breakfast. "I have found no medical treatment which will make the evil Terrian release Alonzo."

Devon said, "Well, what can we do? None of us has any power on the Dreamplane. And I don't think that Uly is old enough to fight a Terrian."

Julia looked at her and said, "You are right, Devon. Uly is not old enough to fight an adult Terrian. But I believe that the solution to our problem is for someone to enter the Dreamplane and to try to convince Alonzo to fight the evil Terrian himself."

Yale looked at her and said "But how, Julia? None of us are able to do that."

Julia looked down at her feet for a few moments before responding. When she looked at the others, they could see that she was embarrassed. "I still have a little of Uly's DNA left", she said. "I think that I should inject myself with it and try to convince Alonzo on the Dreamplane."

"Are you crazy Julia", Danziger cried. "Don't you remember what happened the last time you tried that?"

"Of course I do John, but I can see no other solution."

Devon looked thoughtful as she responded. "Julia, your plan is very risky. What makes you think that you will be able to enter the Dreamplane."

"Well, the last time that I took Uly's DNA, I believed that I could enter the Dreamplane. It's just that I was overwhelmed with my guilt that I didn't try it." Julia hesitated before responding. "Look, we don't have a choice if we want to save Alonzo."

Danziger said, "OK, maybe you are right, Julia. But I think that I should be the one who is injected. You are our only doctor and we can not risk you."

"Please stop using that excuse", Julia screamed. "I am a member of this group and I am just an expendable as everyone else." She calmed down before continuing. "And besides, John, I think that Alonzo will listen to me. I know that he loves me and I am hoping that that connection will be strong enough to pull him through."

"Julia is right", Yale said. "She is the logical choice. Hopefully, I will be able to administer any medication that is required."

Devon said "OK Julia, we don't have a choice. When do you want to try?"

"Straight away" Julia responded. "The longer that evil Terrian is in control of Alonzo, the harder it will be."


Devon, Danziger and Yale were crowded around Julia in the medtent. Alonzo was lying on the bed, shouting abuse at them and attempting to free himself.

Julia looked at Alonzo thoughtfully before turning her attention to the others. "Once you have injected me with Uly's DNA, give me a sedaderm. Hopefully, I will then be able to enter the Dreamplane."

"OK, Julia, here goes", Yale said as he injected her.


Julia found herself on an open plain. What was she doing here? she thought to herself. She then remembered Alonzo's description of the Dreamplane. She had made it. She didn't know how, but she called for Alonzo and after a short time he appeared on the Dreamplane. She said to him "Alonzo, its Julia. Do you know me?"

Alonzo lunged for her and screamed "I am the only one with the power on the Dreamplane. Get out of here".

Julia sidestepped him and cried "Alonzo, please, I want to talk to you."

Alonzo started coming towards her again.

Julia cried "Alonzo, you know that we can't lie on the Dreamplane. The evil Terrian has taken control of you. You need to believe me." Julia saw Alonzo hesitate.

"Julia, what are you talking about?", he queried.

"Alonzo, I love you and I know that you love me. You must believe me. The evil Terrian has taken control over you. You need to believe me." Julia began to cry.

Alonzo looked at her and felt his heart go out to her. "Julia, please don't cry. I would never hurt you."

"But, Alonzo, just think about it. She just tried to attack me."

Alonzo stood dumbfounded and looked at Julia. Could she be right, he questioned himself. He screamed and fell to his knees. "No, Julia, keep away", he shouted as he saw her run towards him. He screamed again.

Julia could see the evil Terrian separate itself from Alonzo. Both Alonzo and Julia lunged for the Terrian. They were fighting it, trying to stop it.

Suddenly, Julia was thrown out of the Dreamplane. She awoke abruptly and screamed "Alonzo!!"

"Julia, what happened", Devon cried. "Are you OK?"

Julia screamed "I need to go back. Alonzo's in trouble. I need to go back."

"Julia, you can't go back", Devon stated firmly. "Now tell us what happened."

"But, Devon, I need to help him", Julia cried. Julia looked at Devon and saw that Devon would not budge. She took a couple of deep breadths and said "I convinced Alonzo that the evil Terrian had taken control of him. The evil Terrian had just left Alonzo and we were fighting it, trying to stop it. I was thrown out of the Dreamplane. Uly's DNA must have worn off." She looked so sad. "I need to help him, Devon. Please, I need to go back."

"Its OK, Julia, I'm sure that Alonzo will be OK", Devon said, as she hugged Julia tightly.


Meanwhile, back on the Dreamplane, the evil Terrian was trying once again to take control of Alonzo. The other intruder on the Dreamplane had left and as such had no more power on the Dreamplane. The evil Terrian believed that it could once again take control of Alonzo. Alonzo, on the other hand, was now aware of the Terrian's intentions and would not give in. He tried to leave the Dreamplane but could not.

Alonzo shouted at the Terrian. "Leave me alone. I am not a Terrian. You have no power over me".

The Terrian simply looked at Alonzo and trilled "You are mine!!"

"No, I am not. I love Julia and I want to go back to her."

The strength of Alonzo's statement was overwhelming. The Terrian hesitated.

"Look, I can help you", Alonzo said.

"No", the Terrian screamed as it lunged for Alonzo.

Alonzo suddenly found himself surrounded by other Terrians. The evil Terrian stopped its advance. The other Terrians trilled at the evil Terrian. "Leave this one. He is our friend."

"No", the evil Terrian screamed. "I want him. He is mine." The evil Terrian starting advancing towards Alonzo.

As one, all the other Terrians used their staffs and directed energy bolts towards the evil Terrian. One of the Terrians turned towards Alonzo and said "It is not dead", as an image of Mary flashed by. "It is frozen in time forever."

Alonzo cried out as he was hurled out of the Dreamplane.


Alonzo awoke in the medtent. He could hear the others talking.

"Julia", he cried out.

"Alonzo!!", Julia said as she ran to him, with the others following her. "Are you OK?"

"Yes, I'm OK. The evil Terrian has been stopped. The Terrians have frozen it on the Dreamplane forever."

Julia looked so relieved. "Oh Alonzo, I'm so happy." She started to release his ropes.

Danziger stopped her and said, "Julia, I'm sure that Alonzo is OK. But can you please check him with the bioscan."

Julia looked at him, not believing what she had just heard. "John, Alonzo is OK". She looked at the others and saw their scepticism. "OK then, I will check". Julia ran the bioscan over Alonzo and announced. "You see. He is perfect." She quickly released Alonzo's ropes and pulled him up into her arms. She kissed him soundly.

The others starting leaving the medtent. However, Yale noticed the reading on the bioscan and shouted, "Julia, that is not Alonzo!"

Julia tried to pull away from Alonzo, but Alonzo would not release her.

Devon grabbed the sedaderm and injected Alonzo several times. After a struggle, he finally lost consciousness.

Julia screamed, "what happened? Yale, the bioscan showed nothing. How did you know?"

"I looked at the bioscan on the way out and saw the reading. I think that the evil Terrian was controlling the bioscan, but when you hugged Alonzo, the evil Terrian directed his thoughts towards you."

Julia looked devastated. "What are we going to do now!" she cried.


The effects of multiple sedaderms was enough to push Alonzo and the evil Terrian back on the Dreamplane. Once there, Alonzo remembered Julia in his arms. The evil Terrian left him again.

Alonzo once again tried to reason with the evil Terrian. "I know what happened last time. You fooled me into believing that the other Terrians had frozen you. My defenses came down. That will not happen again." Alonzo stared directly at the evil Terrian. "Leave me alone. I am not a Terrian. You have no power over me."

The Terrian simply looked at Alonzo and trilled "No, you are mine!! I need you so that I can live."

Alonzo said, "no, I am not yours. I love Julia and I want to go back to her."

"No, you are mine", the Terrian screamed. "You are not Terrian, and yet you are able to dream like one of them."

"No!", Alonzo screamed.

"You have no choice", the evil Terrian shouted. "In time, you will forget the one called Julia. You are mine and there is nothing you can do to stop me." The evil Terrian lunged for Alonzo.

Alonzo tried fighting the evil Terrian, but the Terrian was so much stronger than he was. The evil Terrian had him by the throat. Alonzo was beginning to loose consciousness.

"You are mine" shouted the evil Terrian. The evil Terrian let go of Alonzo. Alonzo quickly backed away, but there was nowhere to go. The evil Terrian was once again advancing towards him.

Suddenly, Alonzo was once again surrounded by Terrians. Was the evil Terrian trying to use the same trick. Well, Alonzo would not fall for it this time. This time, however, one of the Terrians looked at him and trilled, "No, this time we are here. We have come to help you."

The evil Terrian stopped its advance. "No", the evil Terrian screamed. "This one is mine. I want him. I need him." The evil Terrian starting advancing towards Alonzo shoving the other Terrians out of his way.

The Terrian who had spoken to Alonzo, gave his staff to Alonzo. As one, Alonzo and the other Terrians directed energy beams towards the evil Terrian. Alonzo knew that the evil Terrian was not dead but was instead, truly frozen in time on the Dreamplane.

Alonzo gave his thanks to the Terrians and slowly left the Dreamplane.


Alonzo awoke in the medtent. He could hear the others talking.

"Julia", he cried.

Julia started towards him, but stopped herself.

"Julia, it is really me", Alonzo said. "The evil Terrian tricked me last time. Use the bioscan on me."

Julia picked up the bioscan and ran the scan. It was clear. "Alonzo, the bioscan was negative last time as well. This proves nothing."

"The evil Terrian could only maintain control over the bioscan for a short time. You can check me again and you will see that it is still clear."

Julia wanted to believe him desperately. She ran the check again and it was indeed clear. Julia wanted to free Alonzo, but the others were not convinced.

"Alonzo, how do we know that you are still not controlling the bioscan", Devon asked.

"Look Devon, all I know is that I am myself. The evil Terrian has been frozen on the Dreamplane." Alonzo looked pleadingly at them. "You must believe me", he cried.

Suddenly, three Terrians appeared in the medtent. One of them went towards Julia and took her hand and placed it on Alonzo. All three Terrians then disappeared into the ground.

Everyone stood dumbfounded. They couldn't believe what had just happened. The Terrians had proved to them that Alonzo was not being controlled by the evil Terrian. Alonzo was quickly released.

Julia quickly pulled Alonzo up and gave him a deep kiss. They hugged each other tightly. The others left to give the couple some privacy.


The group decided to return to the winter camp. They realised that Alonzo was in control of the evil Terrian when he told them to leave the camp. After a couple of days they were back at the winter camp.

That evening, Alonzo and Julia were lying in each others arms in their tent.

Julia looked straight into Alonzo's alluring eyes and said "I was so scared that I was going to lose you."

"Julia, you were the one that kept me sane", Alonzo said. "You were crazy to risk yourself by taking Uly's DNA, however."

"Alonzo", Julia said, "I love you more than anything and I would sacrifice myself for you anytime."

Alonzo looked lovingly at Julia and said "Well, I have to admit that by seeing you on the Dreamplane and knowing that no-one can lie on the Dreamplane convinced me that you were telling me the truth about the evil Terrian." He stopped and though for a few moments before continuing. "I tried to reason with the Terrian, saying I wanted to come back to you and that I loved you. But the Terrian had no concept of what love is or what my feelings for you really are." Alonzo became silent.

"Well, fly-boy," Julia said. "You aren't getting away that easily."

Alonzo looked at Julia and smiled. "Well, Doc, who said that I want to."

Julia and Alonzo hugged each other once again and were grateful that the whole episode was behind them.

-The End-


Dr Sabrina Sestito
Department of Computer Science
LaTrobe University
Bunboora
Victoria 3083
AUSTRALIA




This text file was ran through PERL script made by Andy. Original text file is available in Andy's Earth 2 Fan Fiction Archive.