A Valentine Tale Category: Books » Harry Potter Censor: G Genre: Romance Reviews: 12 Author: TheRealGinnyPotter Font Size: Bigger (+) - Smaller (-) A Valentine Tale By GinnyPotter It was not unusual for the Weasleys to have a large crowd around the breakfast table on Saturday mornings. It had become one of Molly and Arthur’s favorite things to do – gather around a proper English breakfast with all of their children and their spouses and their friends talking merrily about their work or their children or their latest escapades. Harry and Hermione had become as much a part of this ritual as any of the official Weasley family. This Saturday happened to be Valentine’s Day and Mrs. Weasley had gone to extra trouble to make heart shaped flap cakes and use pink napkins at everyone’s places as well as enchant a few flowers to dance on the table. This had the effect of making Ginny and Hermione quite silly and normally Harry wouldn’t mind, but today he would have preferred Ginny to be a little more on the serious side. Harry loved coming to the Weasley breakfasts as much as Mrs. Weasley loved having them all there but this morning Harry was experiencing a very extreme case of butterflies. He had already spilled a cup of tea on Charlie, dropped bacon in Fred’s lap and buttered his hand instead of his toast. "What is wrong with you?" asked Ginny, amusedly. Harry looked up at him and said, "nothing", and then very abruptly he said, "Ginny, can I talk to you a minute?" and then realizing that everyone had stopped talking and was looking at him, he added "in private". "Ok," said Ginny smiling curiously. He indicated the door to the back garden with his head and they both got up and went outside. Harry seemed very nervous, his face was flushed and he was avoiding Ginny’s eyes. He led her to a corner of the garden where they had often gone to kiss and then looked up at the house and realized there were several pairs of eyes watching them. He frowned and said, "Listen, will you apparate somewhere with me?" "Well, sure, but you know I hate apparating. Where are we going?" He smiled. "Just hang on to me." She put her arms around his waist and next second they had left the Burrow and were standing on a green hill surrounded by trees and overlooking a sparkling deep blue lake. It was quiet and still and one of the most beautiful places Ginny had ever been. "Where are we, Harry?" He paused, became a little more serious looking and said, swallowing, "this is Godrics Hollow. This is the place where my parent’s house stood." She turned to looked at him and smiled gently and said almost in a whisper, "oh, wow, Harry". He swallowed again and said, "I’m going to build a house here, Ginny. What do you think?" Her eyes brightened and she said, "I think that’s the best idea you’ve ever had." Harry became very quiet again and they stood there together for awhile thinking about the place they were standing. Then Harry took a deep breath, turned to face Ginny, and took her hands in his. "Ginny. I inherited just one thing from my mother." Ginny was looking at him with great curiosity now. He continued, "close your eyes". She did. He fumbled in his pocket for something, took her left hand and slipped a delicately beautiful emerald and diamond ring on her finger. Stunned, Ginny opened her eyes, looked at the ring that matched the emerald color of Harry’s eyes exactly and then she looked at Harry. Harry smiled deeply and warmly and said, "Ginny Weasley, will you marry me?" Ginny’s eyes filled with tears and she was unable to speak. "Is that a yes?" asked Harry. Ginny began to cry and nodded her head in agreement. They kissed and held each other in an affectionate embrace and then they both turned to look out over the lake and pondered their lives together in the home they would build, together, in Godrics Hollow. Review Story ( be a responsible reader and write a review) Title: A Valentine Tale Name: Email: (optional) Review: If you feel that this entry violates any of the guidelines set by FanFiction.Net please click here to notify the staff.