Candle on the Water Category: Books » Harry Potter Censor: G Genre: Romance/Drama Reviews: 6 Author: LordsBecca Font Size: Bigger (+) - Smaller (-) TITLE: Candle on the Water AUTHOR: Becca E-MAIL: lordsbecca@yahoo.com RATING: G CATEGORY: Song fic...AGAIN...HGR! WOOHOO! ARCHIVE: Sure, just drop me a line! SUMMARY: His heart is lost, and she is offering to bring it home.... **DISCLAIMER: Roses are red, violets are blue me no own so you no sue...blah blah blah...yada yada yada...Yeah, I don't own the song...It's called "Candle on the Water" (from "Pete's Dragon! WOOHOO!) and it's written by Al Kasha and Joel Hirschhorn. The lead vocal is Helen Reddy, and I suggest you get a copy of this song. Quite good...duh. ^*^*^ She sighed. Once again he had turned away from her, refusing her love. *Why won't he love me?* she wondered, plagued by his unnurturing behavior. He was turning her away again, like the hundreds of times she had reached out before. Every time she opened her arms, he turned his back on her, denying to share the love she held. She knew he was hurting...she knew he was suffering inside. But why not ask for help? *Because he's a man,* she reminded herself. *He has to be macho.* -I'll be your candle on the water My love for you will always burn I know you're lost, and drifting But the clouds are lifting Don't give up, you have somewhere to turn- A tear fell down her freckled check as she watched him walk out on her-again. It was too much for her. She fell to her knees, wanting him to come back. Not his body, but his soul. He had changed, no doubt about it. Her brother saw it as well. Everyone knew he'd changed. Ever since the Dark Lord had risen again, his heart hand turned to coal. He was known around the school as "Scrooge", from the old Muggle tail, "A Christmas Carol". He knew of the name calling and what people thought of him: his sanity had been wavered. But she knew better. She knew he wasn't going insane, but that his heart was lost somewhere. -I'll be your candle on the water 'Till every wave is warm and bright My soul is there, beside you Let this candle guide you Soon you'll see a golden stream of light- Her body shook with every tear that fell out of her eyes. *Why won't he allow me to help him be himself again?* she pondered. Could he really be so naïve? *Of course he can, he's a man*. Her mother warned her when she turned thirteen about boys. "They're dumb," she had said. "And there's no changing that fact." She now knew what her mother meant. This boy she loved needed help, but would he allow it? Of course not. -A cold and friendless tide has found you Don't let the stormy darkness pull you down I'll paint a ray of light around you Circling in the air, lighted by a prayer- *Don't you understand,* she thought, wishing he could hear these words, *that I love you? It's no crush, it's no puppy-love. I want the old you back, I'd do anything...* Would she do anything? She challenged her thoughts. *Of course I'd do anything. I'd go back to the Chamber...I'd die for him.* -I'll be your candle on the water This flame inside of me will grow Keep holding on, you'll make it Here's my hand so take it Look for me, reaching out to show As sure as rivers flow- Slowly, she rose to her feet, and lifted her chin. Her eyes became intense and focused, and her fits were clutched. She was going to help him, whether he wanted it or not. "I'll save you, my love," she whispered, as she ran to catch him. -I'll never let you go I'll never let you go I'll never let You go....- ^*^*^ Good? Bad? Talk to me. Lordsbecca@yahoo.com. Ohhh...what will happen? Will he love her? Will she save his heart? Who knows. I don't. Review Story ( be a responsible reader and write a review) Title: Candle on the Water Name: Email: (optional) Review: If you feel that this entry violates any of the guidelines set by FanFiction.Net please click here to notify the staff.