Fire and Lightning Category: Books » Harry Potter Censor: PG Genre: Romance Chapters: 3 Reviews: 69 Author: Kat Solo Font Size: Bigger (+) - Smaller (-) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Next Chapter ( 2 ) » ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fire and Lightning by Kat Solo Disclaimer: Ok, you know the drill, I own nothing, the lovely talented J.K.Rowling owns it all and I’m just borrowing the characters for awhile. Author’s Note: This is my first Harry Potter fic and it makes me cringe every time I read it. This is the first part of many, so hopefully Part 2 will be better. I would be grateful for a few reviews (flames will be read, laughed at, and then trashed, but you are welcome to send those too…).Anyway, I’ll stop rambling now…Let’s get on with the show… Great Darkness spreads across the land Grand wizards combine to take a stand Even with the power of this fight It’s not enough to end our plight Until Fire and Lightning become one Then will Dark die, Love’s reign’s begun. ---excerpt from A History of Hogwarts It was the middle of the night and Harry Potter, sixteen year old wizard, couldn’t sleep. “I’ll bet I’m the only kid in the world who hates the summer!” he sighed and sat up in his bed. “I wish I was back in my room at Hogwarts.” The young wizard was tired of being banned from anything remotely related to magic while with his relatives. If it wasn’t for the frequent owls from the Weasly’s and Grangers, Harry would have died of boredom by now. On occasion he even got word from his outlaw godfather. Thinking of Sirius, made the teenager depressed again. If only he could live with him, life would be great. “I wonder where he is now?” Harry thought out loud. “Closer then you think!” came a familiar voice from Harry’s window. “Sirius!” As the older wizard climbed through the open window, Harry was thrilled. “What are you doing here?” he asked amazed. “You mean, what are we…” called a new voice as Remus Lupin stepped through into the room,” Couldn’t of had a room on the ground floor, huh, Harry?” he asked jokingly. “ At least I have a room now.” This sobered the two men a little. “Look Harry,” Remus started, ”We’re here to take you away from these Muggles. Dumbledore feels that you need more pro…” “A vacation!” Sirius finished hurredly, giving Remus a look, “We’re to take you and some friends to the beach for the rest of the summer.” “Really?” Harry replied in disbelief. His luck seemed to be changing for the better. “Mum, Harry owled asking if I could go on vacation with him and Siri, uh, Professor Lupin!” Ron Weasley called, running into the kitchen of the Burrow. “That’s nice dear. I guess you may go. I’m so glad the poor boy gets to go somewhere away from those horrid relatives of his. Where to, Ron?” she thought to ask. “Oh, to the beach. Lupin leased a beach house for the rest of the summer.” Ron replied. “Sound’s nice, sweetheart.” Suddenly the door burst open again. “Mum, guess what?” called a new voice. “Not again,” sighes Mrs. Weasley, “What sweetie?” “I can’t believe it! Harry invited me to go with him to the beach for the rest of the summer!” Ginny said all in one breath. Her brother rolled his eyes at her. “What do you mean, invited you?” Ron said. “Don’t believe me? Here.” Ginny handed Harry’s parchment over to him with a smug look on her face. “Now I can’t believe it! He did!” Ron stated exasperated, “Why would he…” His eyebrows raised as the thought sunk in, “I’ll kill him! He’s my best friend, but I swear I’ll kill him!” Mrs. Weasley wasn’t worried, “He probably invited Hermione too and invited Ginny along to keep her company.” Ron accepted this logic for now and Ginny was too excited about going to care. Hermione Granger came running when she heard a startled shout from her mother. “Must be an owl,” she thought, “Mum never has gotten used to them…oh, I hope it’s from Ron…” Dr. Granger was standing at the window staring face to face with Hedwig. Hermione stifled a giggle as her mother turned to her. “Ah, dear, there you are. I believe it’s you it wants…” Dr. Granger said with surprising calm for a muggle. “Hey Hedwig! How’s Harry? Thanks for the letter. Wait a bit and I’ll send a reply…” Hermione said taking the parchment from the owl’s leg and giving her some water. She unrolled the letter and read over it. “It’s Harry ,Mum. He wants to know if I can go with him and Ron to the beach for the rest of the summer break!” “I don’t know sweetheart, with two boys and no supervision…” Dr. Granger stated. “Not just boys, he invited Ginny, Ron’s sister, too and Professor Lupin is the one taking us…” Hermione pleaded. “Well, I guess it’s alright if you go then…” her mother sighed resignedly giving in. “Oh, Thank you, thank you, thank you!!” Hermione ran to her and gave her mother a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. “I have to go pack,” she cried dashing off towards her room leaving behind her mother wondering when Hermione had started acting so much like a…well, a teenager. A/N- Well, loveit/hateit? Let me know. Please review. I would love to hear what you think. Oh, and by the way, did I mention, please review!! Praise and flames may be sent to kat.solo@juno.com Kat Solo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Next Chapter ( 2 ) » ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Review Story ( be a responsible reader and write a review) Title: Fire and Lightning Name: Email: (optional) Review: If you feel that this entry violates any of the guidelines set by FanFiction.Net please click here to notify the staff.