-= Sugar Quill Fan Fiction Archive =- [ /images/titlewhite.gif ] [ /flourish.html ] Return to Flourish and Blotts Head Over Heels (a Harry Potter fanfiction by [ /authors/ginnylblack.html ] Ginny L. Black) The distribution of this story is for personal use only. Any other form of distribution is prohibited without the consent of the author. *** Disclaimer: I own nobody. They all belong to the goddess J. K. Rowling. In the middle of the night, Harry Potter was tossing and turning. Suddenly he woke up, sweaty and confused. "One of those bloody dreams again," he told himself iritably. He looked at his watch. It was one-thirty in the morning. Harry decided that he should try to sleep again, since no one else was up, but he knew it was going to be hard. Ever since the beginning of summer, Harry had been having strange dreams. They seemed to revolve around a girl, but he never saw her face. The dreams were tormenting him. They had gotten worse when he went to the Weasleys' house, and now at Hogwarts they were worse then ever. He could practically feel her presence there, but he had no idea who she was. Little did he know that he wasn't the only one with weird dreams. ********************************* In the fourth year girls' dormitory, Ginny Weasley was lying awake. She couldn't sleep. Half of the reason was the horrible dreams that she had been having, and the other half was a guilty feeling. She knew she was in love with Harry. But who could she tell? Definitley not Harry. Even Hermione, since she was one of Harry's best friends. And definitley not her brothers. To make matters worse she had been having dreams about a boy with no face. She felt she knew him, but she didn't know who it was. These dreams just made matters worse for her. She hadn't looked Harry in the face since she had got to Hogwarts, and now she couldn't look any other boy in the face either. Who was it in her dreams? Finally. after a long while, Ginny turned over and fell asleep. *********************************** At seven-thirty Harry woke up. He wasn't going to wait for Ron to get up. He just wanted to go to breakfast."Maybe this is good that I'm going by myself," he thought. No one was in the common room, it being a Saturday. Harry climbed out of the portaite hole. When he closed it he heard a squeak. "Wait!" Harry spun around. How thoughtless of him to close the door on someone! Maybe that was because his mind was someplace else. Harry opened the portrait hole again. It was Ginny. "Good morning," said Harry, in his calmest voice. "Good morning," said Ginny looking another way. "Going to breakfast?" Harry asked "Are you?" "I asked you first." "I..I'm going to the library." "Oh, I.. I'm going to the owlery. See you later." He watched Ginny as she walked away. Harry suddenly wasn't hungry. He had a sudden urge to follow Ginny. Stop being stupid Harry he thought to himself. That's Ginny remember? Ron's baby sister! You don't like her. "Yeah," Harry said to himself. And then he went up to the owlery. *********************************************** Ginny! Love alert! Harry was right there! You could have gone with him! "Oh shut up," Ginny told herself. Why did she get so nervous around Harry? Ginny was sitting in the library alone. One one hand she wished someone would come and sit with her, but on the other hand she wanted to be alone. What am I going to do? she thought hopelessly. What could she do? Well, here are my options. I could go to the owlery now and tell Harry how I feel. Or I can sit here and suffer all day Ginny knew what she wanted to do, but how could she do it? It even sounded silly in her mind "Harry, I love you and I always have. Do you love me?" That just sounded pathetic! Ginny's mother had always told her that if she needed to work something out with herself, the best way was to write it down. So that's what she did. Ginny Weasley, you are in love with Harry Potter. Now what are you going to do about it? Sit here all day? You know you have loved him since you saw him getting on the train! For four years you've watched him, and done nothing about your feelings! You are even having dreams about him! All you ever do is watch him. What does he feel for you? Ginny was now in tears. She crumpled up the paper and threw it down. I don't love you Harry Potter, she thought, I hate you! Why don't you notice me? **************************************** Harry was sitting at the Gryffindor table with Ron and Hermione. Ron and Hermione were havng a pleaseant conversation, but Harry was silent. He hadn't seen Ginny since that morning and it was now lunch. Why do you even want to see that little prat? he asked himself. But he did want to see her. "Something wrong, Harry?" Ron asked. "No! I mean, why would you ask that?" Harry replied hastily. " Oh, nothing. Except your head's been somewhere else today." " It hasn't been anywhere. Besides..." Oh, think of something quick Harry! "Besides we have a lot of homework we should be working on." Real good excuse, Harry. "Oh," said Hermione "I guess we do. Do you want to go to the library?" Yes, yes YES! " Uh, I guess so." And so the three left the Great Hall and went to the library. ************************************ Ginny was sitting in the bathroom, crying. Evey time she tried to get up (she had tried seventeen times) and was almost to the door, she would start crying hysterically and would go sit down again. She had already scared some second year Hufflepuffs who opened the door right when she was crying. Why are you doing this to yourself Ginny? "Oh, stop asking me questions!" she shouted. She didn't care if the whole school heard her. "I don't know why! Here's a good question. Why doesn't he care?" Ginny began to cry again, and she sat back down on the floor. Finally, she decided that there was nothing she could do about it, so she got, up left, and vowed in her mind not to think about Harry again, although that was very hard ************************************** In the library, Hermione (as usual) was looking for some books. Harry and Ron were doing their Divination homework and were laughing so hysterically that she couldn't stand it. They hadn't even noticed when she left. Well at least Harry's laughing she thought, he's been looking troubled all day. Hermione couldn't figure out why he was acting so strange. He had always told her and Ron if something was wrong. He denied it, but she was sure something was bothering him. Just then A Guide to Advanced Arithmancy fell out of her hands. Hermione bent down to get it and noticed a piece of crumpled up parchment. Something Ron wrote was her first thought. Ron always wrote things, crumpled them up and threw them at her. Looks like he missed for once. But as she opened the parchment, she found that a very different message than she expected was inside. It was a tear stained note that read, Ginny Weasley, you are in love with Harry Potter. Now what are you going to do about it? Sit here all day? You know you have loved him since you saw him getting on the train! For four years you have watched him, and done nothing about your feelings! You are even having dreams about him! All you ever do is watch him. What does he feel for you? So this was how Ginny felt! Hermione could relate so much! But did Harry know? Be sensible Hermione, and stay out. After fighting with her conscience she decided to let them work it out. She then made her way back to the Divination table, where Harry and Ron were stillin hysterics. ***************************************** Later that night, Harry was sitting in an armchair by the fire, pondering his dreams, and Ginny. Where has she been all day? Well, whatever you do Harry, don't let anyone know that you like her. I do not like her! Just then Ginny walked into the room, her beautiful red hair bouncing all over the place. Harry was just starng at her, like he could do nothing else. He couldn't see her face, but there was something wierd about her. "Harry!" 'Huh? What?" It was Ron. He had been waving his hand right in front of Harry's face. "I don't know. You just blanked out there, mate." " I don't know what you're talking about!" " Harry," said Hermione quietly, "do you like Ginny?" Why is she asking this? "Well, ye-no. She's just a little annoyance." Ron looked okay at this news, but Hermione looked mortified "What!" Ron was laughing now. Hermione looked venomously at him. Harry heard a small sob. He turned around and saw Ginny mounting the stairs. Oh my God. What did I just say? Ron went upstairs too, and Hermione walked huffily away to a table, leaving Harry by himself. ****************************************** Ginny went to her dormitory. She got on her pajamas, and got into her bed. She closed the curtains around her. I wish I could crumple up and die. ****************************************** Downstairs, Hermione waited until everyone but her and Harry were gone. It was around midnight. She knew she had said she wasn't going to get involved, but now she had to. Did you see the look on Ginny's face? "Harry," she started. "I just want you to look at this. I found it in the library." "Harry looked up, and she handed him the tear stained parchment. Then she left. Ginny Weasley, you are in love with Harry Potter. It began. By the time he was finished reading Harry knew who the girl in his dreams was, the girl he was head-over-heels in love with. Ginny Weasley. ************************* Ginny couldn't sleep. I wonder why? she thought. No one should be in the common room now. Yes, go to the common room. Ginny went down the stairs to the common room. As soon as she got there however, she saw she wasn't alone. Harry was there too. She turned to go back upstairs when she heard him. "Wait Ginny. Don't go." Harry walked up to her, and before she could do a thing, he kissed her. Not a simple, everyday kiss. As kiss that said I love you. And for that moment, all was right with the world. The End [ /images/bar1.gif ] Want to write a review? All of our stories are discussed at our Ezboard forum group, [ http://pub40.ezboard.com/fsugarquillfrm4 ] The Pensieve. [ /images/bar1.gif ] Last updated Tuesday, August 28, 2001 The Sugar Quill is maintained by Zsenya and Arabella. Any questions or concerns should be forwarded to [ mailto:sugarquill@sugarquill.net ] sugarquill@sugarquill.net