The Sky Turns Blue Category: Books » Harry Potter Censor: G Genre: Romance Reviews: 6 Author: DevilChild Font Size: Bigger (+) - Smaller (-) A/N - This is an incredibly stupid story. I had the song running through my head, I wanted to fit it into the HP universe somehow, this was the best I could come up with. It's pretty OOC, fluffy, and angsty, just to give you an idea. Oh well, you've been warned - just don't review telling me this sucks, 'cause I know it does! THE SKY TURNS BLUE "For Heaven's sake!" exclaimed Ginny, throwing down the letter she had just received. Hermione raised an expectant eyebrow, and her friend continued her tangent. "Another one of these letters. 'Ginny, I know you love me'...'Just come back home'...Just who does he think he *is,* anyway?" Fortune has me well in hand Armies wait at my command My gold lies in a foreign land Buried deep beneath the sand The angels guide my every tread My enemies are sick or dead But all the victories I've lead Haven't brought you to my bed "Gotten over him, have you?" asked Hermione dryly. "Most definitely," agreed the youngest Weasley. "It's like he thinks he owns me just because I *loved* him. And I don't anymore. And I certainly don't want to get back together with him!" You see, Everybody loves me baby What's the matter with you? Won't you tell me what did I do To offend you? "He has gotten rather arrogant lately," Hermione agreed. "It'll do him good to pine over you for awhile." Ginny snorted. "He probably won't be doing much pining. The only reason he wants me with him anyway is because he thinks he can treat me however he wants and I'll just - go along with it! Well, I *won't!*" Now the purest race I've bred for thee To live in my democracy And the highest human pedigree Awaits the first-born boy baby And my face on every coin engraved The anarchists are all enslaved My own flag is forever waved By the grateful people I have saved. "Good for you," said her best friend. "He was being a prat anyway. And you never can take him anywhere! Someone'll always say - " she put on a high voice - "Oh, you're Harry Potter! The way you put away the Dark Lord was just so...*heroic.* Can I have your autograph?'" Hermione returned to her normal tone. "And he wanted you to *marry* him?" Ginny sighed, looking slightly sad all of a sudden. "Yeah." You see, Everybody loves me baby What's the matter with you? Won't you tell me what did I do To offend you? * Harry sat in his office, brooding. He was an Auror for the Ministry, though they would pay him just to sign fan letters if that was what he wanted. After he had defeated Voldemort - for the final time - the wizarding world had started treating him like a complete celebrity. He was even on one of the Chocolate Frog trading cards. And yet...he still couldn't seem to stay happy. Not with Ginny gone. Now no land is beyond my claim When the land is seized in the people's name By evil men who rob and maim If war is hell, well I'm not to blame He just didn't know what had gotten into her! All right, I suppose I did get a bit of a swelled head, he conceded to himself, But I thought she *loved* me! Couldn't she have just waited it out? Why you can't blame me I'm the heaven's child I'm the second son of Mary mild And I'm twice removed from Oscar Wilde But he didn't mind, why, he just smiled. Harry shook himself. He had to have Ginny with him. Life was lonely torture without her. He got up from his desk and Disapparated to the Burrow. Yes and the ocean parts when I walk through And the clouds dissolve And the sky turns blue and I'm Held in very great value By everyone I need but you. * Ginny gasped as Harry appeared in the kitchen next to Hermione. "You have no right to be here!" she said firmly, though her friend could detect a hint of indecision in her voice. "It's *over,* Harry!" He sighed. "Ginny...I'm sorry. I know I acted like a jerk - but I need you!" 'Cause I've used my talents as I could I've done some bad, I've done some good I did a whole lot better than they thought I would So come on and treat me like you should. She shook her head. "No, Harry, you're wrong. You don't need me, you just need someone you can count on to rub your back when you've had a long day signing photos." Hermione, feeling as if she was intruding, decided to step out of the kitchen and went to find Ron. Harry sighed. "Ginny, that's not true...I love you more than anything, you know that." "Really?" "Of course. And I'll try harder not to be so arrogant - I don't *ever* want to lose you again." "Good." She hugged him tightly and then gave him a long kiss on the lips. Harry beamed at her. "*Now* will you marry me?" She rolled her eyes. "Ask again in five years." Because Everybody loves me baby What's the matter with you? Tell me what did I do To offend you...? Didn't that just suck more than anything that has every sucked before? Sorry, I know I say that a lot - my (online) friend Serenity said it once and I can't get it out of my mind. Review Story ( be a responsible reader and write a review) Title: The Sky Turns Blue Name: Email: (optional) Review: If you feel that this entry violates any of the guidelines set by FanFiction.Net please click here to notify the staff.