say it in a letter Category: Books » Harry Potter Censor: G Genre: Romance/General Reviews: 3 Author: amaia riddle Font Size: Bigger (+) - Smaller (-) All the characters are JKR's and the plots mine. These used to be 2 seperate stories, but they were a bit short so I stuck them together! By the way, I think Cho is really cool, but I think that Ginny deserves Harry more than her, she's been after him since his 1st year y'know! You see that box down the bottom of the screen? write what you think of this story in it and then click 'submit review'! easy, really. The rain dripped down on the dull tarmac of Privet Drive, making the night look even more cold and depressing. Harry Potter certainly felt depressed. It was nearly midnight, and he should of been asleep ages ago, but he was unable to, because someone cept on comming into his mind. He hadn't noticed her until the beginning of this year. Harry didn't know why he hadn't, now she was there, as clear as glass. He was in love with Ginny Weasly. She had always meant a lot to him, but not in the girlfriend way. When he had found out that she was in the Chamber of Secrets he had been so worried, but more for Mr and Mrs Weasly and the rest of the family, not for himself. Ron was always teasing him about Ginny liking him, but he had never taken it seriously before. He had just thought she was shy of him or something like that. How could he have been so stupid? Perhaps she liked him too. No, he told himself. I've left it too late. She probably forgot about me in her second year. Perhaps she thought he still liked Cho, but Harry had become friends with her after the death of Cedric. He knew she was in love with Cedric, and didn't think it would be right for them to date. He absent mindedly got into bed, removed his glasses, and tried to sleep. Sleeping is impossible, he found out, when you have something on your mind. And Ginny was still there, in his head. Feeling annoyed, he got up again and resumed his staring out of the window. He wondered what Ginny was doing now. Before he had a chance to think about her again, he saw Hedwig fly towards him. He wrenched open his window, and let the soaking owl in. Watching Hedwig, Harry suddenly had an idea. He would owl Ginny and tell her how he felt. He couldn't live with these feelings, he had to tell her. Grabbing his quill and some parchment from his desk, he began writing. 'Dear Ginny.' He began. Now what? 'How are you?' Pausing, he thought of what to write. Then it all came out in a rush. 'I have been thinking about you a lot recently. Ron says you are thinking about me. Ginny, I think I am in love with you. I hope that you feel the same way. Please reply soon to put me out of my misery. Love Harry.' He tied the letter onto Hedwigs leg, and almost pushed her out of the window, she was very reluctant to go out again. Watching her fly off, he fleetingly wonderd if he was doing the right thing. He pushed the doubts out of his mind, and thought about her reply. He hoped sincearly that it would say what he hoped it would. Ginny lay on her bed, staring at the celing. She had got back from Hogwarts that night, but was unable to sleep, because of one thought running through her brain, over and over again. Harry. Harry. Harry. That was all she could think about. Ever since he had hugged her before leaving a few hours earlier, she had not been able to forget about him. She had been madly, deeply in love with him ever since she had first seen him. Those green eyes seemed to make her lose the power of thought, for everytime he looked at her, she did something unbelivably stupid. Everytime she mentaly kicked herself for managing it again. She felt despair every time, annoyed that she couldn't do one thing sensible while he was around. 'At least he noticed me.' She thought miserably, remembering how she had tripped over her own feet as he was saying goodbye to her, and landing in a tangled heap. Harry had been nice about it though, and helped her up, pretending not to notice the roars of laughter coming from Fred and George. 'He must think I'm so pathetic.' Ginny thought, remembering that fateful diary in her first year. All the things she had told it, beliving it to be a friend, but the thing that had hurt most, not being nealy killed, was Tom repeating all she had written to Harry. The memory of that year made her feel so terrible, she rolled over and buiried her head in the pillow. After a few minutes, a she heard a soft knocking on the door. 'Ginny dear.' Molly Weasly said, peering around the door. Ginny sat up, and her eyes were drawn to the piece of parchment in her mothers hands. 'This just came for you.' Molly said, holding it out. Then she smiled. 'Rather a nice owl too. A snowy.' With that she left the room. Ginny stared at the parchment for a moment before opening it. A snowy? Harrys owl, Hedwig, was a snowy. Her heart began to beat faster, as with trembling fingers she unfolded the letter and read it. 'Dear Ginny' It said. 'I hope you are well.' Ginny wonderd if he was refering to her tripping up. 'I have been thinking a lot about you recently.' Ginnys heart leapt. 'Ron says that you are thinking about me.' Ginnys face began to redden. How dare Ron go and tell Harry about her liking him! She forced herself to carry on reading. 'Ginny, I think I am in love with you.' Ginny took a sharp intake of breath. She re-read the last scentance. Harry? In LOVE with her? Hurridly she read the rest of the letter. 'I hope that you feel the same way. Pease reply soon to put me out of my misery. Love Harry.' A grin creapt across her face, as she reached for a quill and some parchment. She secured her letter to Hedwigs, who was now sitting on her window sill, and watched her fly through the dark sky. Ginny felt happier than she had for a long time, and fell asleep at once, with a small smile streached across her lips. Review Story ( be a responsible reader and write a review) Title: say it in a letter Name: Andy (Signed Review) Favorites: Add author to favorites: Add story to favorites: Review: If you feel that this entry violates any of the guidelines set by FanFiction.Net please click here to notify the staff.