[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: A sequel to the story, 'Grieving Time'.
As Eden Advance heads towards New Pacifica, they stumble upon a camp of another group - Bennett's. Thanks to the data downloaded to the main computer, they soon learn much about Bennett's group and discover that Eve was working in her own best interest and not theirs. Eden Advance also encounter some Terrians who are sick. Julia reproduces some medicine to help them, and they in turn give her the opportunity to see inside Devon's cells. Members of Eden Advance opt to return to Devon and revive her, however the search continues to find the cause of Devon's illness in the first place.
Rated: Teenage Audience [PG-13]
Categories: Trying To Cure Devon Characters: Alonzo, Danziger, Julia, True, Uly
Ships: Alonzo / Julia, Danziger / Devon
Fanfiction type: Story
Challenges:
Series: Stepping Stones Series
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes
Word count: 43498 Read: 76568
Published: 12/05/2008 Updated: 12/05/2008
Story Notes:
(1) This story takes place after "All about Eve" and my story which immediately followed that episode called "Grieving Time". It will have multiple parts which will be posted in installments (as I write them). The story attempts to answer some of the questions raised in "All about Eve".
(2) "Grieving Time" took place two weeks after Devon was placed in suspended animation, when the group had left the space ship and resumed their journey to New Pacifica. It primarily dealt with John Danziger coming to terms with his feelings about Devon.
(3) Special thanks to Chris, Alyssa and Vicki for their greatly appreciated input and support!

1. Section One: The Memorial - Part 1 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (2812 words)

2. Section One: The Memorial - Part 2 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (4031 words)

3. Section Two: The Investigation - Part 1 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (3775 words)
Author's notes:
(1) This story is the second installment of a continuing story which follows Stepping Stones: The Memorial. In that story, the Eden Advance crew were plagued by nightmares which they believe may have been caused by an altered Dream Plane amplifying the spirits of the deceased members of a newly discovered settlement.
(2) Thanks to Vicki, Paula and Lynne for their support and advice.
(3) Direct any and all comments to me via email.

4. Section Two: The Investigation - Part 2 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (3171 words)

5. Section Three: Deceptions - Part 1 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (3882 words)
I got some confusing feedback after attempting to post this, so I thought I'd try it again.

Author's notes:
(1) At the conclusion of Stepping Stones: The Investigation, Bess and Yale uncovered information suggesting a link between Bennett's crew and the newly discovered settlement. In the meantime, Dr. Heller located a refrigeration unit containing human corpses which she intends to autopsy. This story continues their search to learn about the members of this community and their connection to the Council scientists.
(2) Stepping Stones will have a total of six sections which will be posted as I write them.
(3) All comments are welcome.
(4) Special thanks to Vicki, Lynn and Paula for their continued support.

6. Section Three: Deceptions - Part 2 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (3240 words)

7. Section Four: Hope - Part 1 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (2415 words)
(1) In the previous installment of Stepping Stones (Deceptions, Section 3), Dr. Heller discovered Elizabeth's medical files which described how she felt that the planet was rejecting them. In addition, Paul lead Uly and True to a cave to search for Morganite. However, they encountered a group of hostile Terrians. This story continues with Julia's search to discover what killed the members of Independence colony, and the Eden Advance's efforts to locate the children.
(2) Special thanks to Vicki Firth and Paula Sanders for their greatly appreciated editorial comments and the inspiration Vicki provided in her story, "Faith and Illusions".
(3) Direct all comments to Joan.

8. Section Four: Hope - Part 2 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (2661 words)

9. Section Four: Hope - Part 3 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (2695 words)

10. Section Five: Ethical Considerations - Part 1 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (3370 words)
(1) In Stepping Stones: Hope (Section 4), Julia was finally able to identify the cause of death of the Independence settlers. In addition, the kids were safely returned to camp, only to have Paul mysteriously disappear the next morning, before Danziger's eyes. In the opening of this section of Stepping Stones, most members of the Eden Advance are impatient to pack up and leave the deserted colony in order to continue their journey to New Pacifica.
(2) Special thanks to Vicki, Paula, Lynne and Rosa for their friendship and helpful advice.
(3) Direct all comments to Joan.

11. Section Five: Ethical Considerations - Part 2 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (2839 words)

12. Section Five: Ethical Considerations - Part 3 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (1531 words)

13. Section Six: Resurrection - Part 1 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (3545 words)
(1) In Stepping Stones: Ethical Considerations (Section 5), after the Eden crew attempted to treat the sick Terrians, a healed member of the tribe appeared to Dr. Heller to enable her to discover the cause of Devon's illness. At the opening of the final section of this story, members of the Eden Advance are discussing their plans to retrieve Devon.
(2) Special thanks to Vicki, Paula, Rosa and Lynne for their advice and continued support.
(3) Direct all comments to Joan.

14. Section Six: Resurrection - Part 2 by Joan Powers [Reviews - 0] (3531 words)

Andy's Earth 2 Fan-fiction Archive
Skin modified for this site by Andy, original skin 'simple_machine' created by Kali - Icons by Mark James - Based on Default SMF Skin