[Reviews - 0] Printer
Summary: Julia and Alonzo are on scouting trip and find some lodge with pictures of Devon. Soon a woman shows up and has them targeted. Believing Julia and Alonzo are Council operatives, she holds them at gunpoint. When she learns that they know Devon Adair, she reveals that she is Cynthia Adair, Devon's mother. Still not trusting Julia and Alonzo, Cynthia holds them both at gunpoint. They urge her to return with them to camp so see for herself that they are not Council, but rather members of Devon's group. Upon their return, Devon catches sight of the mother who she'd believed for so long to be dead. Feeling overwhelmed, Devon flees camp in the Dunerail. Meanwhile, having witnessed a kiss between Devon and John, True becomes convinced that her father no longer loves her and also runs off. Out on her own, True is overcome by illness and haunted by nightmares about a future where her father and Devon no longer want her. As Devon tries to find her own way back to camp, Terrians emerge and lead her to True. Devon cares for True, who's suffering from a fever. Devon reassures her that she could never replace True in John's life. Devon waits for True to recover before returning to camp. Meanwhile Eden Advance are out searching for the pair. When Devon returns to camp, Cynthia leaves the group, believing it is what Devon wants. Devon and Julia follow her and ask her to join them on their trek to New Pacifica.
Rated: Teenage Audience [PG-13]
Categories: On Way To Pacifica Characters: Alonzo, Danziger, Devon, Julia, True
Ships: Alonzo / Julia, Danziger / Devon
Fanfiction type: Story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes
Word count: 28420 Read: 57925
Published: 18/05/2008 Updated: 18/05/2008
Story Notes:
Hey everyone,

I have enjoyed the fiction on this list for a while now, and of course felt it was my turn to contribute. Typical of me, I couldn't start off with a short story. This one has 13 parts, and I will try to post one each day. No need to fear, the whole thing is written so I should not leave anyone hanging *too* long. I am merely using my days for proofreading. I really owe Vicky, Lia, Deb, Cathy, Nancy and all others who have encouraged me with this project o' mine, not to mention sent me feedback on much rougher drafts. As usual, the lion's share of the credit goes to all who assisted me. The mistakes are my own. And the characters and premise of Earth 2 belong to those who created them. I welcome all feedback of any kind.
Enjoy.

1. Chapter 1 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2369 words)

2. Chapter 2 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2039 words)

3. Chapter 3 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2184 words)

4. Chapter 4 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2253 words)

5. Chapter 5 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2258 words)

6. Chapter 6 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2114 words)

7. Chapter 7 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2179 words)

8. Chapter 8 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2273 words)
OK, everyone. Since I'm a really nice person (no comments, please, Vicky) and a couple people have mentioned that they will be leaving for the Con on Wednesday, I have decided to post two sections each day for through Wednesday to finish off this story. I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart, despite my bitter jealousy toward those who are traveling to New Mexico. Remember, send all comments and gratitude .
Linda

9. Chapter 9 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2069 words)

10. Chapter 10 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (1795 words)
I swear that parts 8 & 9 were actually mailed out late Monday night, even if they didn't appear (courtesy of AOL and the list) until sometime mid-Tuesday. My apologies. Here's the next two, and only two more to go.....Enjoy. Linda

11. Chapter 11 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (1945 words)

12. Chapter 12 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2609 words)

13. Chapter 13 by Linda FFF [Reviews - 0] (2333 words)
Breathe a sigh of relief for this is the last segment. For those going to the Con, have fun. Comments, compliments or complaints to Linda.

Andy's Earth 2 Fan-fiction Archive
Skin modified for this site by Andy, original skin 'simple_machine' created by Kali - Icons by Mark James - Based on Default SMF Skin